It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natural Born Citizen

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Well i thought some of you may clear a few things up on the subject.
The definition varies depending where you look so i will ask you to please refute my thought here if possible.
Natural born citizen means to be born in a certain country regardless of citizenship of parents.
Are children born here citizens or not.

14 ammendment sec. 1
All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Seems pretty clear to me that if a person is born here they are granted citizenship by way of birth regardless of family or friends citizenship status.
So what is all this dreamer shat everywhere? We have laws that make them citizens and the only battle should be about if their guardians should be givin some type of protective status too.

I am prepared to view any facts you may have on the subject but srry i am now full of opinions and need no more.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

This is my understanding as well....and the source of the term "anchor babies".

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Geographical location of a woman's vagina during delivery determines the nationality of the child.

Does that sound as completely f'ed up to everyone else as it does me?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
You are mistaken about what DACA is.
It's to help people who were brought into the US as kids. Not people born in the US.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

the problem is, Dreamers were not born in America, they were brought to America illegally as minors.

Serious questions, did you honestly NOT know that? If not, it kind of shows how fake the MSM is.

Know that you know this fact(DREAMERS are not American), how does that effect your opinions?

www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org...

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Except for children of foreign diplomats. They do not qualify as natural born citizens of US.

Dreamers are those who qualify for the Dream Act. Minors brought to US by parents who were illegal.

Dream Act: en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Yes i have heard those points and have heard dreamers described both ways. At one point they are immigrant kids born here and another point they are just immigrant kids here.

My point being is that any child born here is a citizen.

I can not help the rest of them by means of constitution.

in other words one lawmaker will describe them one way another does not.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

That was when we had folks dumping their kids at the border. I remember the "all hands on deck" calls for nurses.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Except for children of foreign diplomats. They do not qualify as natural born citizens of US.

Dreamers are those who qualify for the Dream Act. Minors brought to US by parents who were illegal.

If the child is born here they are citizens if they so choose to be so say the constitution.

no exceptions

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

If you heard that dreamers are people born here .... you're misinformed. Their is actually no argument at all. If you are born here. You're a citizen. That's the law.
Dreamers specifically and only refer to kids brought to the US by their parents.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

That was when we had folks dumping their kids at the border. I remember the "all hands on deck" calls for nurses.

Can you explain that a bit more?

Please.

I know currently the major issue is unaccompanied minors from South America.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

originally posted by: Annee

If the child is born here they are citizens if they so choose to be so say the constitution.

no exceptions

Which children are you referring to?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

The ones born here.

Get it the natural born children

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ursushorribilis
a reply to: If you are born here. You're a citizen. That's the law.

Not children of foreign diplomats.

As far as I know.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Vagina, godess of nationalism.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

True. I figured since where talking about immigrants it wasn't necessary to add. But true.

link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

The ones born here.

Get it the natural born children

Not children of foreign diplomats. As far as I know.

But, what does Natural Born citizen have to do with Dreamers?

edit on 9-2-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Ursushorribilis

If you heard that dreamers are people born here .... you're misinformed. Their is actually no argument at all. If you are born here. You're a citizen. That's the law.
Dreamers specifically and only refer to kids brought to the US by their parents.

Oh yea i heard it and is likely the reason the thought of making them magically legal gets high numbers in national poles.

because they conflate the two in reporting and they do it very often

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Please do some reading on the topic of you are interested. You'd be surprised to find that what you are seeking is already in affect.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join