It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Pence not stand for NK athletes?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eshel

originally posted by: Indrasweb
I thought it was established recently that not standing at a sports event in order to make a political point was ok?

Sure, that is a valid point. Now, just let me know what Pence was protesting and we'll move merrily along.

Maybe he wasn't protesting anything. Maybe he was just making it clear he supports the American team more than any of the other teams. Sitting doesn't necessarily mean he has no respect for the other athletes. Let me give you an example. When I was in the Air Force and we would do Airman/NCO/Senior NCO of the Quarter awards at the Wing level, everyone would clap for the person who won as he/she went up to the stage, but most would remain seated. The squadron that he was from, however, would stand up, scream, yell, hoot, holler, blow air horns and all kinds of craziness because that's their guy. If everyone did that for every person, regardless of whether it was their unit or not, it would become meaningless.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

The most important thing is that North Korean athletes win enough Gold Medals to keep Kim Jong from going ballistic. Never mind that they've only trained for 3 months. Give them GOLD and save the WORLD.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

That's a good story. I have many like it from my military days.

However, it doesn't address to point I was replying to, now does it?

I thought it was established recently that not standing at a sports event in order to make a political point was ok?

Is obviously a reference to athletes taking a knee. Those said athletes are taking a knee in protest. So to compare the two in this way would mean that Pence was protesting something.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The most important thing is that North Korean athletes win enough Gold Medals to keep Kim Jong from going ballistic. Never mind that they've only trained for 3 months. Give them GOLD and save the WORLD.

It doesn't matter. North Korean media will just report that they won everything regardless.

ETA: After all, Kimmy's dad was quite skilled too, according to them
edit on 9 2 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

a reply to: face23785

That's a good story. I have many like it from my military days.

However, it doesn't address to point I was replying to, now does it?

Is obviously a reference to athletes taking a knee. Those said athletes are taking a knee in protest. So to compare the two in this way would mean that Pence was protesting something.

So I can't give an alternative explanation? I'm limited by what some other poster posted? Wasn't aware of that rule, my bad. Thank you for making me aware before I got banned.

Either way, it wasn't disrespectful. It's #ed up that the media wants it to be, they would be thrilled if our VP went around disrespecting other countries, just because of who he is. But he wasn't.
edit on 9 2 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

It wasn't not standing for any team, it was only standing for the USA. Lame move which reflects on our leaders but then may of our leaders are lame.

edit:

Wasn't the take a knee not about politics but more about rights.
edit on 2/9/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

originally posted by: odzeandennz

get the facts first... then post.
this is misinformation thus far.

You are correct and I appologize for not knowing the whole story. I only reported what I heard and this is a GREAT example of how the MSM is manipulating us, and how it is passed on from one person to another. It sounds now that Pence ONLY stood for the US team.

theweek.com...

You didnt read the full article , did ya ?
Read the AP released article . All of it

The White House official was not authorized to speak publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity.

AP release

Sorry , try again

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

a reply to: intrptr

It's my understanding that's not political but tied to doping policies.

If thats the 'criteria', just shut the Olympics down. Lots of athletes 'dope', because some do, is that a reason to ban a whole country?

Well in Russian case, yah. After all they defeated uS in Syria.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

a reply to: intrptr

It's my understanding that's not political but tied to doping policies.

If thats the 'criteria', just shut the Olympics down. Lots of athletes 'dope', because some do, is that a reason to ban a whole country?

Well in Russian case, yah. After all they defeated uS in Syria.

Yes comrade, imperialist US is behind this prePOSTerous injustice. Russian athletes are indisputably superior, have no need for chemicals, are only banned to give lesser countries fair chance.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Ahhh but did he take a knee?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join