It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Pence not stand for NK athletes?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Just listening to the news and I'm pretty sure I heard that Pence didn't stand for when the NK athletes were introduced and I think that is a mistake when it comes to the Olympics. While we compete for our individual nations, standing for the athletes doesn't really mean that we respect or support the nation as a whole, but that we respect the individual athletes. Even if they didn't have a choice to be there, I suspect they would much rather be Olympic athletes than some low wage farm worker and standing shows respect for the effort and talent of the individual, not the politics of their representative nation. I think that action is in total contradiction to the Olympic spirit of individual competition. Even Hitler stood for people he deemed unworthy from what I remember.

If he did stand, then I appologize for assuming that he didn't but either way, I'd like to hear what others think if this was the correct action or not.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Breaking news needs some sources.

😈👿

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Well this is nitpicking lol. So let's say he didn't stand up...
The big question is WHY? Maybe he had explosive diarrhea and knew what would happen if he stood? You ever open your eyes to the possibility?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I don't know, in these times rumors, innuendo and sources that "heard" things seems to qualify as legitimate breaking news stories in the major mainstream news media outlets.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I'll dig for some sources, I'll check the radio station I heard it on. Didn't know it needed sources, guess that makes sense. When I listened to it, they made special mention of him standing for everyone but NK, so it seemed news worthy on Fox news radio.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Ahh the politics of the Olympics. I wouldn't be surprised if this was true. From what I heard on the radio this morning, apparently Pence was sitting in front of Kim's sister.

At the same time these athletes have nothing to do with the politics of their country. And the fact that they stood with South Korea should be commended.

Just another example of Pence making a dumb statement at a sporting event.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The olympics were started to set aside politics, bring nations together. What a joke Thats become.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Let alone the 800 pound gorilla not in the room; the Russians have been sanctioned from even attending.

Nope, no politics there.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Ahh the politics of the Olympics. I wouldn't be surprised if this was true. From what I heard on the radio this morning, apparently Pence was sitting in front of Kim's sister.

At the same time these athletes have nothing to do with the politics of their country. And the fact that they stood with South Korea should be commended.

Just another example of Pence making a dumb statement at a sporting event.

Ok, so I'm not alone in thinking that by standing it is honoring the individual athlete and not necessarily any aspect of their nation. That is the way I see it. Now if Kimmy designated himself an honorary olympic athlete and was walking with them, then I could understand not standing for them, but that isn't the case. I'd really like to hear the reason for not standing as that will show a lot about him.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Think you've got it backwards. It is always about honoring the competing nation. One's presence is that which honors the athletes. Same reason we stand for OUR nation during the anthem.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It's my understanding that's not political but tied to doping policies.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

get the facts first... then post.
this is misinformation thus far.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

get the facts first... then post.
this is misinformation thus far.

You are correct and I appologize for not knowing the whole story. I only reported what I heard and this is a GREAT example of how the MSM is manipulating us, and how it is passed on from one person to another. It sounds now that Pence ONLY stood for the US team.

theweek.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I read this right now:

Pence keeps out the norht koreans

Sorry for the german link, but the users comments there say it all.
That Pence is the separated one there, to cowardly to even look at the north koreans, while the Trump reign creates new sanctions for NK. Even while the north and the south koreans show that de-escalation works not with the Trump-"U"SA way.

But again, it´s the whole world that get´s it wrong, only Trump and his Trumpeteers are right

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

It sounds now that Pence ONLY stood for the US team.

Childish but not surprising. All participates should be honored for their work and skills

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I thought it was established recently that not standing at a sports event in order to make a political point was ok?
edit on 9-2-2018 by Indrasweb because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indrasweb
I thought it was established recently that not standing at a sports event in order to make a political point was ok?

You stole the post in my head! Get out of my head!

star

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

My God, the perfect comment in reply to this.

An absolutely stunning dichotomy illustrating the difference between America First and "OMG, what will the neighbors think?"

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Sure, that is a valid point. Now, just let me know what Pence was protesting and we'll move merrily along.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

You can't hold them to their own standard. That's racist, or something.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join