It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists warn of unusually cold Sun: Will we face another ice age?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Truly and indeed ... turf war is putting it mildly.

It could also be called 'potential mass famine-related conflicts'.

After all, the sun and its effects are a lot bigger than the Earth, and the effects of the Earth's atmosphere.

edit on 9-2-2018 by Fowlerstoad because: added a sentence

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Earth is definitely going to have another ice age in another 90,000 to 110,000 years. All due to a 40,000 variation in the tilt of the Earth's axis between 22.5 and 24 degrees. That's enough to change the amount of sunlight received by different areas on Earth.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Thirty6BelowZero

And the "warming" is suspect. The calibration, location of temp probes and insider temp adjustments make the whole profitable system of global warming suspect.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Did you actually read the article....thats where I got 2050 from.

It seems like the OP strokes your confirmation bias and you are blindly defending it.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thirty6BelowZero
[

Did I mention 2050 in my post or something? Why is this theory biased but AGW isn't? And I remember Al Gore warning us that the polar ice caps would be melted by 2005, then 2013, then it was realized that the amount of ice really hasn't changed at all.

That's the thing, Fritz Vahrenholt and Sebastian Lüning's book, The Cold Sun, renamed in the English print as, The Neglected Sun is not a bias, it's pretty much Vahrenholt's changing views as the time went on, and especially on the manner of the IPCC in the way that things were/are done.
The most obvious thing is that the warming ideas...and ever changing, are still very much a theory, and it was the theory that spread like wildfire across country's more than anything else, and especially grasped by politico's, of which it has to be said, may not have been in all the information they should have had at the time...the changes of the Sun may well be something they would needed to take into account, but if that wasn't in their material, they may not have had that priviledge.
I don't have that English version book yet but I intend to get a copy, my German is limited for reading.
edit on 9-2-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
History of the earth repeats itself,so yes we will have another ice age I'm sure,amongst a bunch of other things that happened before,not much can be done to stop it,if anything
I think sh.t is going to hit the fan on our planet between 2020-2030. I won't go into the long story why but when nations build safe havens at higher altitude they are not doing it so that TPTB can get a better sun tan, the rest is obvious. Remember what I wrote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 9-2-2018 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

unlike the settled science of global warming or newly coined climate change.

They started saying "climate change" because the concept of global warming and its effects are confusing to the simple-minded who say things like... "we just had the coldest winter on record, so much for global warming".

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Follow the money also to many means following the market not just in rooting out corruption... see there is insider trading, and then there is my influence from power also talks so if I buy gold and it is made public? Then due to my position people will also buy gold knowing I wouldn't invest in gold unless it was a sure thing... and then those making that assumption then hence make it a sure thing... news however does not say when they bail out of the stock, so theres the slippery slope. The effect those in power have over the markets like that mentioned above? Is the trickle down economics.

When Trump is shoveling Taco Bell or KFC in his face theres the sign for buy now... get it? got it? good.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BEBOG

I thought the same thing when the tesla sports car was launched on a tax payer funded rocket. Come to think of it the tesla car was also tax payer subsided.

It is a world that can be swayed by Warren Buffet eating his latest stock purchase-Dairy queen or trump devouring a big mac.

The real money maybe in things people don't think are a "thing".....yet.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Capitalism; means capitalizing on a market very rarely do they create one instead they conglomerate because they are rich enough to do so and in such a manner the pyramid is built. Seeing it requires more than one eye... as there is a global market. Hence borders and protectionism as well as paranoia that those will be somehow shaken or disheveled.

But with posts like this describing the market and how it functions... when spread around like manure only breeds consumer confidence.

It is better to stop the conglomeration; or absorption but if someone offers mom and pop a quick early retirement? They typically take it... if smart they ask for a percentage and or license it out instead of lump sum. All countries are capitalist however when governments spread that wealth and power out? Only then defines them as something else...

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This may only be the latest page in the age old conflict between Gradualists and Catastrophists. The next chapter, will pit both of these schools against the Altmira Periods', periodicity. We are due for a 3500 year climate flip. It can flip warm and wet, or cool and dry, all across the Northern Hemisphere. This isn't just coming and going from one Ice Age to the next, since we've flipped two or three times since coming out of the last Ice Age.

What bothers me is that the legendary Planet X, or Niburu, shares this same set of goal posts. Legend puts Niburu coming in both close and far away from Earth. So it may be that the Tenth Planet, irritates the Sun, and then the Sun flips our climates. 7000 years ago, we flipped cooler and dryer. 3500 years ago, we flipped to a mild warming, which has slowly ran out of speed. In the next Century or so, if we flip warmer, then the grain belts move up to Canada. If we flip cooler, then what were our bread baskets, ends up down in the Gulf of Mexico. The last warm flip took a couple thousand years to slowly go back to the median temps. Before this, the local Palouse Prairie was dry and cold for nearly the full 3000 + years. Before 7000 years ago, the climate was warming rapidly and there was a lot of Precipitation, down at the Marmes Rockshelter at the mouth of the Palouse River. Marmes Man and his family lived there maybe 8 to 9 thousand years ago.

A Catastrophic Glacial outwash flood, scoured the rocks in that canyon bare, right at 20K years ago, dated by Carbon 14 scans of giant tree stumps buried over 1900 feet deep in the filled in plunge pool of Lind Coulee, farther North, trending towards the Scablands, in Eastern Washington State. This flood did in the last herds of Columbia Mammoths, also Carbon 14 dated to exactly 20K years past.

A verdant eco-system of giant forests, and all sorts of Paleo Fauna, arose out of the retreating Glaciers, only to be washed away in this singular flood. But 4 or 5 thousand years ago, East Central Washington State turned into a near desert, and stayed that way until human irrigation projects have turned it around. Two million acres of irrigated farmlands, in the Columbia Basin Project, have definitely modified our climate, for the better.

But cloud moisture which used to feed Glaciers in the Chief Quadrangle in what's now Glacier Nat'l Park, now rain down on the Eastern Palouse, and Idaho Panhandle. Our gain, but Glacier's loss. Green fields send up I.R. heat and break up high clouds, causing them to drop some of their moisture, prematurely. The same acre feet of rain cannot green up Idaho, and keep building up Ice in Glacier Nat'l Park, at the same time.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: carpooler

Awesome post....

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
......????? A colder than normal sun?

BUT BUT BUT what about muh Global Warming?

The REAL reason for this happening has to be somehow related to fossil fuels burning here on Earth......

I'm sorry, I had to.... It's been a long morning and i'm currently snowed in from a little snowstorm we had blow through.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

I do not like the fact we burn "fossil" fuels (if that is what they are) and poop the exhaust in the air we breath. Seems like drinking pool water at a under 3 birthday pool party.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

And the "warming" is suspect. The calibration, location of temp probes and insider temp adjustments make the whole profitable system of global warming suspect.

Yes, exactly. Once a scientist has been caught tampering with evidence to change the outcome of their theory, they're no longer a reliable source.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

Did you actually read the article....thats where I got 2050 from.

It seems like the OP strokes your confirmation bias and you are blindly defending it.

Yes, and I didn't say anything about 2050.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: Thirty6BelowZero
[

Did I mention 2050 in my post or something? Why is this theory biased but AGW isn't? And I remember Al Gore warning us that the polar ice caps would be melted by 2005, then 2013, then it was realized that the amount of ice really hasn't changed at all.

That's the thing, Fritz Vahrenholt and Sebastian Lüning's book, The Cold Sun, renamed in the English print as, The Neglected Sun is not a bias, it's pretty much Vahrenholt's changing views as the time went on, and especially on the manner of the IPCC in the way that things were/are done.
The most obvious thing is that the warming ideas...and ever changing, are still very much a theory, and it was the theory that spread like wildfire across country's more than anything else, and especially grasped by politico's, of which it has to be said, may not have been in all the information they should have had at the time...the changes of the Sun may well be something they would needed to take into account, but if that wasn't in their material, they may not have had that priviledge.
I don't have that English version book yet but I intend to get a copy, my German is limited for reading.

I just can't bring myself to the idea that we're powerful enough to cause this country to do something it's been doing for billions of years. It doesn't matter either way. Every generation will adapt to its surroundings and one day when it's averaging 130° outside, our bodies will have adapted to it, and one day when it's averaging -30° outside our bodies will have adapted to it.

OT: I see you're in N. Ireland. I recently (last month) did a 23andMe DNA test and the results just came back and said I'm almost 80% Irish and 10% German. What is it like over there?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

unlike the settled science of global warming or newly coined climate change.

They started saying "climate change" because the concept of global warming and its effects are confusing to the simple-minded who say things like... "we just had the coldest winter on record, so much for global warming".

No, they changed the concept to climate change because the climate has been changing like this for 4.5 billion years, well before men, planes, trains, and automobiles were on the scene to warm it up. Any reason you think ocean temps were 20° to 30° warmer in the Jurassic Period? It wasn't because of industrialization. You guys do so much overanalyzing and end up going so deep into it that you overlook the most simple reasons.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

a reply to: dothedew

I do not like the fact we burn "fossil" fuels (if that is what they are) and poop the exhaust in the air we breath. Seems like drinking pool water at a under 3 birthday pool party.

Ever notice that accidentally swallowing pool water always makes a loud, high pitched burp?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Think that is because every cell in your body knows that swallowing that is a no no.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join