It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Claims Airline Told Her To Flush Emotional Support Hamster Down Toilet

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

A Miami college student is considering legal action against Spirit Airlines after she says an employee wouldn’t let her on a flight until she flushed her emotional support hamster down an airport toilet.

emotional support hamster? seriously?
ok

Belen Aldecosea said the incident occurred when she was at the Baltimore–Washington International Airport on Nov. 21, 2017, getting ready to fly home from school with Pebbles, a dwarf hamster who serves as her “emotional comfort animal.”

She said the hamster was a doctor-certified companion, but more important, a friend at a time when she needed one. “She was so loving. It was like she knew I needed somebody,” the 21-year-old told the Miami Herald on Thursday.

did the hamster go through training you think? to be like a super awesome hamster that knows better than to piss in his ball

Aldecosea was stuck since she had no one nearby who could take custody of Pebbles. She said a rep for Spirit suggested she flush the hamster down an airport toilet. When Aldecosea was unable to rent a car or arrange other more hamster-friendly transportation, she did the unthinkable. “It was horrifying trying to put her in the toilet,” Aldecosea said. “I was emotional. I was crying. I sat there for a good 10 minutes crying in the stall.”

i dont know man.
this lady sounds like a dumb ass bubble head to me. not because she needs a support animal but because she flushed it.

i mean she loved him so much and he was just what she needed blah blah blah but # you get in the toilet?

had to get on the plane that bad?
no other possible option in all the land but to send him to the big plastic ball in the sky by way of the waterslide?

should i not be laughing because i am?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Regardless of the animal, and the perceived silliness of having an "emotional support" hamster, the airline is at fault for such insensitivity, and the woman who actually did the deed needs to be done for cruelty.

I am just waiting to take my emotional support elephant to Heathrow, and see if that'll fit down the toilet.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Aldecosea skipped her flight and tried to rent a car instead, but said she was too young to rent one. So she did what she felt was the most humane choice. “She was scared. I was scared. It was horrifying trying to put her in the toilet,” Aldecosea said. “I was emotional. I was crying. I sat there for a good 10 minutes crying in the stall.” The student said she considered letting Pebbles run free outside but could not bear thinking of her hamster freezing to death or getting hit.

skipped her flight but flushed ole pebble to get on the plane.

i dont know. i guess i am just a bastard

is being sucked down a tube and drowning in sewage a better way to go than freezing you think?

i guess if i was in her spot and i had to take the flight i would have just let him go in the airport somewhere. let whoever try to chase his little ass down. he probably would have found a nice comfy spot i the bowels somewhere and been ok. maybe.
but the toilet???

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Only one word for her **Snow flake**

Get a grip your supposed to be an **ADULT**

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Regardless of the animal, and the perceived silliness of having an "emotional support" hamster, the airline is at fault for such insensitivity, and the woman who actually did the deed needs to be done for cruelty.

I am just waiting to take my emotional support elephant to Heathrow, and see if that'll fit down the toilet.

the reason i am being a dick is not because her animal was a hamster but because he was her support animal and she loved him so much but she just flushed him.
wtf man

it just seems like if you could flush your support animal down the toilet then you didnt need that animal.
my opinion

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   

all i can say is :

she obviously no longer needs her " emotional support hamster "

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   
So she ACTUALLY went through with flushing the hamster down the toilet? She should be thrown in jail for animal cruelty, forget this sob story that reeks of BS. No way I would flush my pet down the toilet just to get on an airplane. Either she's making the story up for attention or she's just a #ing idiot. Probably both.
edit on 2/9/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Only one word for her **Snow flake**

Get a grip your supposed to be an **ADULT**

you dont have to be a adult anymore. didnt you get the memo
you get to carry a rodent around for emotional support until it is not convenient then you just toss his bitch ass in the toilet and cry about it later and get paid.

i have to fly tomorrow. i hope i get to bring my emotional support caiman

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Aldoseca’s attorney, Adam Goodman, said his client’s situation was different than the one involving a woman who tried to bring her emotional support peacock onto a United Airlines flight about a week ago.

From your link
I would think that it would be different
Rodents carry more bad stuff in em than peacocks do..Thats why they are rodentia.

However , the person that said it was ok should have been terminated by now. Unless of course the owner failed to notify them it was a hamster and just stated "support animal" . Which one do you think it was ?

link   
It sounds to me like this girl needs to be flushed down the big blue toilet to save us all from her ridiculous stupidity.

link   
I didnt realize rodents were allowed on board.

edit on 9-2-2018 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
So she ACTUALLY went through with flushing the hamster down the toilet? She should be thrown in jail for animal cruelty, forget this sob story that reeks of BS. No way I would flush my pet down the toilet just to get on an airplane. Either she's making the story up for attention or she's just a #ing idiot. Probably both.

thats where i am at 2.

i will pour one out for my homie pebbles though

pebbles, you are not forgotten.
see you on the other side

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

he said it was different cause the hamster could fit in the palm of your hand.
well hell. i guess it should be ok then

this bubble head is probably gonna get paid for this

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   

So she ended up missing her flight anyways... wow. This has got to be the dumbest human being alive. No sympathy for her whatsoever, she made the choice to kill her pet, no one else did, and in the end she killed her pet for nothing. What a GD idiot. Lol.

I hate to sound so insensitive but Jesus, this girl is a grade-A idiot.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I know what the Vikings response would be to this crap.

Bahaha!

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Before you get carried away by the media spin... hold on.

An emotional support animal is generally something recommended to a disabled person to aid other coping mechanisms.

It might be hard for you guys to grasp, being that the media have spun this story to trigger the anti-snowflake generation but in the treatment of mental illness an animal companion can help people get back to normal after a breakdown.

Seriously guys, you really need to go back to school.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   

I don't know what to find more disturbing:

The airline attendant's suggestion to flush the tiny mammal?

Or that the girl actually did it?

Or is it that a hamster can be a doctor-certified companion?

....Or is it that she was flying Spirit?!

This is truly one of the best WTF tabloids I've read in my day. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

teh vikings banned all " emmotional support animals " - after the iunfortunate incident of :

sven the suicidal and his emmotional support lemming

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

If the girl is mentally handicapped in some way then I take some of what I said back. Maybe she didn't have the mental capacity to deal with the situation in a logical way, it would explain the "emotional support hamster" part I guess.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: Gothmog

he said it was different cause the hamster could fit in the palm of your hand.
well hell. i guess it should be ok then

this bubble head is probably gonna get paid for this

Being able to fit in the palm of a hand doesnt qualify it for a member of the rodent family effectively....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join