It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Government Has Shut Down Again - Thats Twice in 30 Days.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: JinMI

What is the threshold for firing all of them via incompetence?

Congress has a 15% approval rating, and it hasn't bothered them one bit. Like the Medical industry, they know that most Americans are not bright enough to understand what's going on, and/or lack the initiative to do anything about it.

And it's of no coincidence that you mention the two in the same breath (paragraph).

They don't need our votes or favor. They need our money, which is taken instead of given and live their lives in peace knowing their finances are well provided for.

Indeed. From their perspective, ALL IS GOOD.

And 90% of Americans will wake up tomorrow without even realizing that their government was shut down overnight.

Probably won't care either.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ParkerCramer

that's right and the people support the side that gives them more of the trickle down,and the democrats aren`t that side.the democrats cut off all their foodstamp constituents in an attempt to circumvent the immigration laws, I say keep the the government shut down and see which side cries uncle first, I already know the answer to that that's why I`m all for keeping the government shut down. let the democrats explain to their constituents why they aren`t getting their food stamps and welfare next month. the republicans have nothing to explain to their constituents next month because most republican voters don`t depend on government handouts to survive.

the republicans should keep the government shut down for months until the democrat congress critters come crawling on their knees begging to open the government again so that their constituents can get their foodstamps again.

the democrat congress critters don`t have a leg to stand on,they are like saddam hussien proclaiming the mother of all battles and then folding like a cheap suit. if I was a republican congress critter I would make the democrat congress critters come crawling on their knees begging to reopen the government and foodstamps and then I would kick them in their teeth.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The yen is at 103 per dollar among trading. The Japanese stock market and American stock market is down. Something big is brewing I tell you on an international level.

(post by ParkerCramer removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParkerCramer

originally posted by: Gothmog
Its all about immigration and driving the stock market down by the Dems

Pray tell,
How did the Democrats get around the Stable Genius, who took claim for the rising stock market, in order to drive it down?

Me thinks, you just make stuff up!!!!!πŸ˜‰

MTUBY

How bout govt shutdown for one

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:42 AM
link   
5:30am

House votes "YES."
www.nbcnews.com...

Our Government is funded and open for business again!

More money for the Military.

More money for the hoochie mamas!

Yeah boy. Spread it around. Huge Debt. God Bless America!

edit on 2/9/2018 by carewemust because: REPUBLICANS AND DIMS ARE JUST ALIKE NOW FOLKS!

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Brings to mind this song:

Some people say a man is made outta mud
A poor man's made outta muscle and blood
Muscle and blood and skin and bones
A mind that's a-weak and a back that's strong
You load sixteen tons, what do you get?
Another day older and deeper in debt
Saint Peter don't you call me 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store
I was born one mornin' when the sun didn't shine
I picked up my shovel and I walked to the mine
I loaded sixteen tons of number nine coal
And the straw boss said "Well, a-bless my soul"
You load sixteen tons, what do you get?
Another day older and deeper in debt
Saint Peter don't you call me 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store

To add. Another poster mentioned a line from this song yesterday. Now every time I hear about our increasing debt, the tune goes through my head.
edit on 9-2-2018 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluechevytree
shutting down the government affects lots of liberals, because a lot of liberals can`t survive without the government.
liberal congress critters are throwing their constituents under the bus in another failed attempt to make millions of criminal aliens legal citizens.

Riiiiight.....

Because no gun toting, rebel flag flying republicans are on welfare lol.

This sucks for me because I'm a government contractor who sells to Whiteman Air Force Base. My biggest account is ran on non appropriated funds, and considered non essential. The military is still active, but their credit cards were shut off at midnight so they won't be buying from me until further notice. I work on commission. 60-70 hours a week. I'm pretty liberal.

Is this what you were referring to?

I'm in mid Missouri. Redneck central. Almost every welfare abuser I know voted for Trump.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   
for a short while the worlds a little better and safer place .

pity its only a 30 day shutdown .

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: bluechevytree

Most welfare goes to Red states. So...

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Lingering effects of reconstruction. While it hurt the aristocrats it decimated the average southern family, vanquishing them into generational poverty.

During slavery there were no jobs. The south was haves and have nots. After slavery there were no jobs still because reconstruction intentionally crippled southern commerce.

It took 2 world wars and an industrial revolution to begin fixing it. But generational poverty persists for quite some time

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

I think a majority of Americans would go along with that. The Amendment should also require representatives to work without a paycheck (without back pay) until a budget is balanced and passed. That would surely set a fire under their butts!!
Add term limits too! Our representatives and presidents are simply not held accountable for their actions.

They should also eliminate executive orders and presidential pardons. Nothing like protecting the political hierarchy from prosecution by using pardons. Since when can you or I be pardoned and saved from prosecution if we did something criminal?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I think a budget should be required to be finalized 3 weeks prior to the start of each fiscal year. Failure to deliver should equal a recall election on all elected members of the legislative branch.

Make it an enormous PITA for everyone.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Nice put down-I'm old, well traveled and would be considered having many life experiences-educated with masters-taught college level courses, involved in political causes and maintained a pretty healthy income-some from the stock market. I've always supported you-why the rudeness?
Not your usual self today.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Thanks for reminding readers of the history lesson of the deep south-which is still suffering from 155 year event that nearly destroyed this country and could again if the political parties and TPTB don't stop their evil doings.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluechevytree
a reply to: Justso

lets see if nancy and other democrats have the balls to throw their constituents under the bus,and jeopardize their re-election chances by supporting criminal aliens over their constituents.

They've already shown that they have the "balls" to put non-citizens of this country before American citizens. But unfortunately I don't think it will affect their chances of re-election because their constituents have let themselves be whipped up into an idiotic parroting state of mind where they believe and parrot everything their corrupt leaders and the paid-for mainstream media tell them.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Twice in 30 days and nearly three trillion in new debt in 60 days between this CR and the tax bill.

Thanks, Obama!

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

mostly in non-red-voting pockets

πŸ‘ΏπŸ˜ˆ

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

What is the threshold for firing all of them via incompetence?

Congress has a 15% approval rating, and it hasn't bothered them one bit. Like the Medical industry, they know that most Americans are not bright enough to understand what's going on, and/or lack the initiative to do anything about it.

Exactly. This approval rating means nothing because they don't get re-elected as a whole. Americans in general despise Congress, but it's never their guy causing the problems, it's always someone else's. This is why incumbents have something like a 90% success rate of defending their seats. They're smarter than we give them credit for. We keep re-electing them.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

It's cute that you think "we" have a lot to do with it.

Redistricting (gerrymandering) to keep incumbents in lifetime jobs is a far bigger problem than Russian meddling ever was (or will be).

Most congress people are immune to voting (both parties).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join