It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Government Has Shut Down Again - Thats Twice in 30 Days.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: bluechevytree

Give them time-its falling because it was crazy inflated without reasonable production.

This is just the beginning of an economic downfall. Remember, it was headed up even when O was still there.

Lots of folks crying and getting scared about the stock market-I know them. They are spooked. Home investors starting to sell of while prices are still high-

Nancy is enjoying this-who are you kidding?
edit on 9-2-2018 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah, using their credit cards. Which they will write off after a couple years in bankruptcy courts.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Its all about immigration and driving the stock market down by the Dems

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Does the PPT shut down as well?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Republicans can't blame this one on the Democrats in any way.

So here we are with one party in control of all branches of government, and they manage to shut down the government all on their own.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah, using their credit cards. Which they will write off after a couple years in bankruptcy courts.

You must be very young and/or lacking life experiences. Correct?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   
They can all go jump in a lake
Swallow a snake
And come up with a belly-ache.
I have more fingers on one hand to count how much I give a cow flop.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: maria_stardust
Rand Paul shut the government down as a matter of principle. Nothing more. Nothing less. This is just another circus show. Except it’s midnight and I’ve no popcorn.

UPDATE:
The Senate is now back in Session attempting to reopen the government. It's almost 2am Eastern Time.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

So here we are with one party in control of all branches of government, and they manage to shut down the government all on their own.

oh really? the democrats won`t fund the government unless the government agrees to violate immigration laws, yeah I would say that most americans have no sympathy for the democrats. The democrats aren`t shutting down the government not to benefit Americans they are shutting down the government to benefit criminal aliens at the expense of americans. democrats will cave again just like they did last time and you know why? because liberals will only support their cause when it doesn`t affect them. shutting down the government affects lots of liberals, because a lot of liberals can`t survive without the government.
liberal congress critters are throwing their constituents under the bus in another failed attempt to make millions of criminal aliens legal citizens.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   
We need this # bucket of scum why?
They are a really bad joke.
May they go the way of the dinosaurs.

(post by ParkerCramer removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluechevytree

originally posted by: Greven

oh really? the democrats won`t fund the government unless the government agrees to violate immigration laws, yeah I would say that most americans have no sympathy for the democrats. The democrats aren`t shutting down the government not to benefit Americans they are shutting down the government to benefit criminal aliens at the expense of americans. democrats will cave again just like they did last time and you know why? because liberals will only support their cause when it doesn`t affect them. shutting down the government affects lots of liberals, because a lot of liberals can`t survive without the government.
liberal congress critters are throwing their constituents under the bus in another failed attempt to make millions of criminal aliens legal citizens.

Votes to CHANGE immigration laws, you silly chevy!!

The truth is, neither side works in the people's interest, they work in the interest of MONEY, with some talking points thrown in to confuse the masses.

Hearing you, I believe it is mission accomplished.😁

Of course, the truth does not seem as nasty and partisan, huh?

MTUBY

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Shut it down until the bank account balances.

(post by ParkerCramer removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Wouldn't that be Wonderful!!!

Somehow I'm sure they would receive pay and benefits throughout the ordeal...😁😁

MTUBY

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ParkerCramer

I haven't said much. The contributors to this thread are the ones to be applauded for speaking their minds.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParkerCramer

MTUBY

They are always paid retroactively, even if a shut-down last for weeks. Essentially a paid vacation.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Its all about immigration and driving the stock market down by the Dems

Pray tell,
How did the Democrats get around the Stable Genius, who took claim for the rising stock market, in order to drive it down?

Me thinks, you just make stuff up!!!!!πŸ˜‰

MTUBY

U got money at stake?

Buckle in!

If not, wtf do you care?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   

MTUBY

Yeah so no big deal unless Trump blocks off all the public places like Obama did.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: JinMI
What is the threshold for firing all of them via incompetence?

Congress has a 15% approval rating, and it hasn't bothered them one bit. Like the Medical industry, they know that most Americans are not bright enough to understand what's going on, and/or lack the initiative to do anything about it.

And it's of no coincidence that you mention the two in the same breath (paragraph).

They don't need our votes or favor. They need our money, which is taken instead of given and live their lives in peace knowing their finances are well provided for.

Indeed. From their perspective, ALL IS GOOD.

And 90% of Americans will wake up tomorrow without even realizing that their government was shut down overnight.
edit on 2/9/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join