It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the US Air Force commit to an air strike on a Space X booster?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Zelun

Both of us are members too. Or aren't we entitled to participate in threads too?

Not when you bring knowledge and logic and experience into a government conspiracy thread

Thanks to you and Blaine

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zelun
a reply to: Zaphod58

sorry, are you admitting direct knowledge? I think it would be cool if the military were coopting commercial opportunities, but then again you couldn't possibly, right?

Do you even know Zaph ?
\Can you see in capitals under his handle where it spells

F M S E ?

I dont mean to speak on behalf of him, but in these forums, he is an expert in this field.

Meaning he eats breathes and shyts this all day long, if you were really on here since 2008 you'd know,...
Get wit the program bra dah!

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   

a reply to: 3daysgone

No, it was an Air Force asset, otherwise the they would not have taken an interest.

No what?

If it is an Air Force asset, then it only seems logical that it was have an Air Force payload aboard.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I know exactly what training is and how it's planned , thanks. Training is normally planned well in advance, but there are times when opportunities come up unexpectedly.

Going to second this (not that I can, or need to lend any credibility to Zaphod.) They do planned trainings in my area, and take the opportunity to "train" in search and rescue when the opportunity arises. SAR doesn't even involve guys blowing crap up...

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

??? They scuttled the Falcon 9 1st stage. It's in the article and confirmed by NASA. In other words they sunk it because it was to large to safely tow in and it was a hazard.

What really happened? They scuttled it for safety reasons.

Yet ships of all sizes get towed into ports, ships of all sizes use their own power to get into port, insurance scam.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

And yet this booster was supposed to be destroyed anyway. It surviving the landing was a surprise. Ships get towed, because they can be reused. This booster had no use left to it, and had been planned on being destroyed in the landing attempt. The only difference is that it needed help to sink.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

Ships are designed to float and aren't potentially pressurized/damaged. There also weren't ships nearby to properly recover it because they didn't expect it to survive impact. My guess is they first thought, "maybe we'll drag it back and see what's what", and then they quickly did some napkin math and realized things like tanks might be pressurized and/or damaged, will it survive struturally or sink in rough seas on the way back? What is going to be reusable after weeks immersed in salt water? Do we really want to dedicate floorspace to a block three when we are looking to phase out everything but block 5 standards soon? Etc

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Sure. Sounds like total BS. There's no way a barge with a crane could be used to hoist it on board and bring it back - never gonna happen, just to big /sarcasm.

Look at the size of bridge building bardges with cranes, or oil platform building bardges. All could handle this with ease, probably carry 12 boosters on deck.

Something isn't right.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Where was the nearest barge with crane? How fast can you get the barge to the area in open seas? What are you going to do when a pressurized tank is damaged and decides to unload on the barge? What do you gain by bringing back a block three with corrosion damage? At what cost and risk is it worth the effort?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

a reply to: Blaine91555

With respect, super moderator, do you believe the recovery wasn't planned months before the launch? Why the sudden need to scuttle?

The only thing I know is what's in the news about it and I don't buy into the everything is a conspiracy idea. It doesn't even make any sense I can see to think anything about this is being hidden.

All I did was glean the facts from the available article.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AKrocket

SAR doesn't even involve guys blowing crap up...

It did when we did it. We were trained to recover a downed aircraft if possible or to destroy it to prevent classified systems and components from being compromised. That was some FUN training.

There's nothing sinister here. The booster created a navigation hazard and was sunk to remove the hazard. There's probably video of it being sunk. Gun camera video or some other video.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Raise you hand if you've ever been involved in a Sink-Ex.

That's me over here, raising my hand. This is not that unusual. It happens to be great training for the Air Force, and a great way to get rid of some debris.

My Sink-Ex involved bombing an old Navy ship that was towed out to sea. By the time I got there, it was mostly sunk, but I still was able to bomb some debris and the oil slick. It was great training, not just for me, but for our targeting guys, the bomb loaders, etc.

When an opportunity like this arises, they should take it.

Plausible.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmania

Raise your hand if you've ever had a Harpoon missile that had been fired but didn't launch pointed at your head during a SinkEx.

edit on 2/9/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Was there not a top-secret cargo from the NSA on that mission?

(I mean this SpaceX launch)

edit on 9-2-2018 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

No, that was the launch before. This one was a communications satellite.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Oh.

Thanks for the clarification.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Never had that happen. Had a live 500 pound bomb come skipping down the flight deck when the plane carrying it stopped and the bomb did not.
Was it on a B-52?

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Yeah. It was one of the first times they got to participate in a SinkEx off Kauai. They were supposed to come over, hit the ship, hit the tankers and head back home. This one locked the ship up, hit the button, and the missile just sat there.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join