It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee texted with Russian oligarch lobbyist

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Oh no not another Democrat caught communicating with Russians !!

Now it's U.S. Senator Mark Warner.

He apparently was trying hard to get his hands on some dirt about Trump and das Dossier 🛎

And naturally he wanted no paper trails !! 😀

Getting better by the day.

Another Bang-Bang with another one.

Democratic Sen. Mark Warner texted with Russian oligarch lobbyist in effort to contact dossier author Christopher Steele

Sen. Mark Warner, the top Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee who has been leading a congressional investigation into President Trump's alleged ties to Russia, had extensive contact last year with a lobbyist for a Russian oligarch who was offering Warner access to former British spy and dossier author Christopher Steele, according to text messages obtained exclusively by Fox News.

"We have so much to discuss u need to be careful but we can help our country," Warner texted the lobbyist, Adam Waldman, on March 22, 2017.

"I'm in," Waldman, whose firm has ties to Hillary Clinton, texted back to Warner.

👆😱☝️

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Title should include Warner's name. Makes thread easier to find in ATS searches. A search on "Democrat" renders 20 pages of threads exposing Democrat misdeeds and problems. Know what I mean, Xuenchen?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

He texted with a RUSSIAN?, why that's preposterous!

The Russians tried to influence our election.

The Russians are bad.

Warner is a Democrat!

Impossible, I tell you!

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Tried to get dirt on Trump from Russians?

Why isn't that what the Dems blamed Trump Jr for doing to Hillary?

They thought it was criminal for Trump Jr to do it....

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Tried to get dirt on Trump from Russians?

Why isn't that what the Dems blamed Trump Jr for doing to Hillary?

They thought it was criminal for Trump Jr to do it....

Difference being the Trump people knew all along what was going on.

The "Meeting" exposed many who are falling today.

👯

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

So, what up wit dat collusion though.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

edit on 2 8 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
LOL...Warner wrote to the lobbyist: "wud rather not have a paper trail".

He KNEW he was colluding and didn't want to get caught.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
LOL...Warner wrote to the lobbyist: "wud rather not have a paper trail".

He KNEW he was colluding and didn't want to get caught.

These guys are screwed 6 ways from sunday.

If there is a constitutional crisis by putting the former potus and SoS in jail for treason,,along with their minions, so be it.

I think america would be stronger for it.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Now again, I dont think that warner did anything wrong here.

However, for those that think Don Jr. broke the law for seeing about getting dirt of hillary from russian, then so did warner (and for that matter schiff who was trying to get naked pictures of trump from russians).

So i guess those people will be clamoring for an investigation into warner.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You are too fair. Grambler.

Make them live up to their own standards!

I'm sick of this BS.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

But... when did this happen? Was Warner trying to unseat an elected president?
When Don Jr. did it, it was before the election, when Hillary was just a candidate.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

But... when did this happen? Was Warner trying to unseat an elected president?
When Don Jr. did it, it was before the election, when Hillary was just a candidate.

As i remember, the "Russians" were offering deleted Hillary emails.

But the FBI had already announced they had those.

Several months before that "Meeting".

The set-up backfired and exposed some big fish.

🕵

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

He really didn't do anything wrong here because Burr knew from the jump what he was doing.

A Warner aide acknowledged that Warner and Burr revealed the texts to their colleagues on the panel because "they realized out of context it doesn't look great." But aides to Warner and Burr both stressed that the chairman was kept apprised of Warner's efforts.

An aide to Burr knew there was a "back channel" Warner was using to try and get to Steele and was not concerned that Warner was freelancing on the matter.

Marco Rubio on Twitter:

Marco Rubio‏ Verified account @marcorubio

Sen.Warner fully disclosed this to the committee four months ago.Has had zero impact on our work. fxn.ws... #FoxNews

8:08 PM - 8 Feb 2018

Warner was, with the knowledge of the committee Chairman, trying to go through a back channel to get to Steele (for the committee).

Looks like Assange is trying to play games.

Did you happen to see a couple weeks ago that while Hannity's Twitter was apparently hacked (making him the 3rd or 4th current/former Fox personality to have their Twitter hacked in a couple weeks, the others apparently by Turkish hackers), somebody posing as Hannity on Twitter to do some trolling got DMs from Julian Assange saying that he had stuff on Warner and that Hannity should reach out to him on another channel?

This fake Sean Hannity account fooled Julian Assange

It also reminds me that Roger Stone was just at the Ecuadorian embassy a week ago:

Roger Stone 'dropped off card' for Julian Assange at embassy

ETA:

But I do agree with you that what Don Jr was doing was not illegal.
edit on 2018-2-8 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

He really didn't do anything wrong here because Burr knew from the jump what he was doing.

A Warner aide acknowledged that Warner and Burr revealed the texts to their colleagues on the panel because "they realized out of context it doesn't look great." But aides to Warner and Burr both stressed that the chairman was kept apprised of Warner's efforts.

An aide to Burr knew there was a "back channel" Warner was using to try and get to Steele and was not concerned that Warner was freelancing on the matter.

Marco Rubio on Twitter:

Marco Rubio‏ Verified account @marcorubio

Sen.Warner fully disclosed this to the committee four months ago.Has had zero impact on our work. fxn.ws... #FoxNews

8:08 PM - 8 Feb 2018

Warner was, with the knowledge of the committee Chairman, trying to go through a back channel to get to Steele (for the committee).

Looks like Assange is trying to play games.

Did you happen to see a couple weeks ago that while Hannity's Twitter was apparently hacked (making him the 3rd or 4th current/former Fox personality to have their Twitter hacked in a couple weeks, the others apparently by Turkish hackers), somebody posing as Hannity on Twitter to do some trolling got DMs from Julian Assange saying that he had stuff on Warner and that Hannity should reach out to him on another channel?

This fake Sean Hannity account fooled Julian Assange

It also reminds me that Roger Stone was just at the Ecuadorian embassy a week ago:

Roger Stone 'dropped off card' for Julian Assange at embassy

Hannity is just reporting.

F'k assange.

Sen warner has a $40k a month retainer from a russian olygarch to make sure the U1 goes through the right channels asap.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Burn this bitch down!!

like browns dad and mom said.

make sure pelosi is in the middle of it.

light it with Shiff. Scrape his head on a brick wall.

edit on 2 8 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Burn this bitch down!!

like browns dad and mom said.

make sure pelosi is in the middle of it.

light it with Shiff.

I pictured that in my head.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I wouldn`t read too much into this, democrats never commit crimes they are just "careless" or make "mistakes" or have "poor judgement" but they never "intend" to commit crimes.

what`s really important is, how many scoops of ice cream did trump have for desert tonight after dinner?????

edit on 8-2-2018 by bluechevytree because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2018 by bluechevytree because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

As usual I think you bring an honest approach Even if we disagree.

I think we are both in the same page that Don jr, Hillary's team And the dnc, and warmer here did nothing illegal by seeking dirt on their opponents from foreign sources.

I do slightly disagree about Warner telling his colleagues.

Note that his original texts were from March 2017.

Rubio said he told the committee 4 months ago, which would have been October or September.

That means he kept it secret (as he said he didn't want a paper trail) for around five months.

This would be the equivalent to Don Jr. Eventually releasing his emails to the public.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

haha, that's been playing in my head for a while everytime I read stories like this. Burn this bitch down, give me the mic, give me the mic!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join