It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Pundit

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Dear ATS Owners & Staff,

I have a request. Please check out "true pundit" as a potential "bad source" on ATS? It has consistently pushed fake stories and click-bait trash. The stories are generally hyper-partisan and really ugly. While I can't say that every single story is patently false, the overall quality of this rag as a source is untrustworthy at best. This isn't just an "opinion. "Media Bias/Fact Check" gives them the status of "CONSPIRACY-PSEUDOSCIENCE" and says:

Notes: True Pundit occasionally publishes a legitimate story, some are conspiracies. This source also currently delivers news straight from the Daily Caller which has a strong right-wing bias. Most articles from True Pundit have anonymous authors. This source has also been flagged for false information and has an unproven claim. Simply not trustworthy. (10/4/2016) Update (6/19/2017)

Link

I realize that some may think this is pure bias on my part, but I am mostly just tired of its "alternative facts." These stories are hard to take, as they are very often politically baiting and trolling and seem to be pulled out of someone's derriere.

I respectfully ask for you to consider investigating this and seeing if it is worthy of the "banned source" list. You all may disagree, and that's fine. I'm not asking in order to cause a kerfuffle and I will accept your verdict.

Thank you so much...

Samples from today:

ruepundit.com: Melania Trump demanded spiritual cleansing of Obama/Clinton White House and removal of pagan and demonic idols

truepundit.com...: DOW drops 1000 points, Democrats plan Wall Street Parade to celebrate

Other:

Snopes: FALSE - Hillary Clinton and Lester Holt used secret hand signals to rig the debate

(There are many examples.)

edit on 8-2-2018 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Ditto CNN. Thank You.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Dear ATS:

I hear CNN is Fake News.
Can you please ban it.

Thank you in advance.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
...also please ban the NYT.
They have very biased and fake reporting.

Thanks, again.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Oh yeah, Snopes. I forgot Snopes. Much Appreciated.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Hey, ATS...
It's me again...
I forgot to mention...there are also a bunch of other news sources I don't like, disagree with politically...and would like you to ban.

I'll make a list...but in the meantime, go ahead and get the banning started on CNN and the NYT.

Thanks, eversomuch.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

"Media Bias/Fact Check" gives them the status of "CONSPIRACY-PSEUDOSCIENCE" and says:

Might as well add ATS under those terms

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Oh yeah, Snopes. I forgot Snopes. Much Appreciated.

YES! Definitely ban Snopes.
I don't like them.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Hey guys.

For comparison, True Pundit gets the same exact rating as Natural News.

CNN, according to the media bias source linked in the OP calls them “left biased” and “mixed” as to their trustworthiness. I think this is a fair assessment. Daily Caller is rated exactly the same but with right wing bias, so if you want CNN gone you need to get rid of Daily Caller too.

NYT: rated Left-Center and Factual (with higher left-wing editorial bias)

These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes.

These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.

Factual Reporting: HIGH

Notes: The New York Times (sometimes abbreviated to NYT) is an American daily newspaper, founded and continuously published in New York City since September 18, 1851, by The New York Times Company. The New York Times has won 117 Pulitzer Prizes, more than any other news organization. NYT is well sourced and factual in reporting. The paper has a pretty strong left wing editorial bias, but is considered one of the most reliable sources for information. (5/18/2016) Update (4/25/2017)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: IAMTAT

CNN, according to the media bias source linked in the OP calls them “left biased” and “mixed” as to their trustworthiness. I think this is a fair assessment. Daily Caller is rated exactly the same but with right wing bias, so if you want CNN gone you need to get rid of Daily Caller too.

Hi, AB...

Daily Caller for CNN?

Deal.
Ban them both.

...it's only fair.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Hey, ATS...
It's me again...
I forgot to mention...there are also a bunch of other news sources I don't like, disagree with politically...and would like you to ban.

I'll make a list...but in the meantime, go ahead and get the banning started on CNN and the NYT.

Thanks, eversomuch.

Bias is not the reason at the end of the day, but rather the intent of the source and trustworthiness of their reporting.

Sigh. Have fun.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

I've always been of the opinion that you fight lies with facts, not censorship.

But hey, what do I know.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

If you're using "hyper-partisan" as a reason to ban a source, then you need to request all of mainstream media be banned as sources. Television and print.

And yes, I think you want that source banned because it doesn't support your bias, i.e. it reports unsavory things about your Democrats.
edit on 8-2-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

No. The bias is what it is. I’m just being honest that, yes, I am bothered by how ugly their bias can be.
But more to the point, they publish tons of false and misleading articles by anonymous sources.

That part is bad, right??

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

As a user of this site and not the persons whom were addressed, I'd like to say I disagree.

Less censorship is best. Let facts provide the path to truths.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

My God 👋

It's showing 👁

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I am bothered by how ugly their bias can be.

This is how I feel about 90% of the MSM.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

As a user of this site and not the persons whom were addressed, I'd like to say I disagree.

Less censorship is best. Let facts provide the path to truths.

Fine. I give up. I’m done. Fake News Schmake News. Who cares? Nothing matters anymore anyway.

Y’all enjoy ATS.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I'd like to add the Guardian...I grew up reading the Guardian, it only tells lies now.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

If it's fake, from whatever source, then it's easily debunked, no?

So why use a weapon like censorship that has a double edged blade?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join