It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GM announces bonuses of over 11,000 dollars to it's hourly workers.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
that`s peanuts to someone like nancy Pelosi who is a multi millionaire,
so people should protest against getting only 11 grand and elect more democrats like nancy who will give you bills like Obamacare that she has to pass before she or anyone else can see what`s in them.
trumps tax cut is peanuts compared to what obamacare gave us.
obamacare gave me the right to make the choice of paying over inflated insurance premiums with unmanageable deductables or pay the government a penalty tax for being too poor to pay for overinflated premiums with unmanageable deductables. a trump tax cut that puts money in my pocket is peanuts compared to obamas obamacare that took money out of my pocket and took away my healthcare insurance.

nancy is so out of touch with reality and mainstream America that her relatives should seriously think about putting her in a home to spare her and them any further embarrassment.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
a reply to: nwtrucker

But we have already established that this will not be good for them!
Thanks for the nightmares. I didn't need to see her "O" face.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   

I just seen on the news that CVS gave their employees a 2 dollar an hour raise.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The only thing that bugs me about this is, GM made a ton of money on an operating basis (this is the largest bonus check I've ever heard of), but they claim that for the year (2017) they lost $4.9 Billion due to "tax law changes" and a charge related to the sale of GM's European operations to Peugeot-Citroën. That's phony as hell, of course. The workers wouldn't be getting a bonus check if the company was unprofitable.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

All that money should be paid back,the government lent GM money,put it back where it belongs,another case of misappropriation of money,put it back where it came from,don't do it to exploite your company

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
The only thing that bugs me about this is, GM made a ton of money on an operating basis (this is the largest bonus check I've ever heard of), but they claim that for the year (2017) they lost $4.9 Billion due to "tax law changes" and a charge related to the sale of GM's European operations to Peugeot-Citroën. That's phony as hell, of course. The workers wouldn't be getting a bonus check if the company was unprofitable.

They claim a loss if they projected to make 20 billion, but only ended up making 15 billion....thus a 5 billion dollar loss for the year. It's ridiculous, but that's the way it works. You're correct, no company that was losing billions, really, a year would be giving out that much in bonuses to all it's employees. Poor GM....how will they ever survive.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

I just seen on the news that CVS gave their employees a 2 dollar an hour raise.

Very cool!

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

Good question. I don't have an answer to it. At a guess, we have hoops to jump through on our taxes. Corporations far more. Water finds a way around a dam.

Hopefully, this is the direction we are headed. A little easier for everyone involved....except CPAs....

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

originally posted by: Willtell

To tell you the truth, I do get down hard on Trump, and as long as he acts the way he does, I will continue to do so. However, one thing I learned in life is that nothing is all bad or all good.

Trump even though I think overall he will likely end up a bad president, there is no doubt due to a law of life (that there is no such thing as all bad or all good), he will do some good along with the bad he does….

Therefore, the tax cut for the rich will do some good, maybe this is an example of that, though how it ends up overall doing for the macro economy remains to be seen.

Can you tell me what bad you think he has done so far?

Ummm...he said mean things...and hurt my feelings...

#resist...

#hatethehaters...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Now that's compensation.

We are headed to an automated economy with automated production will be HEAVILY HEAVILY taxed and redistribute

there is no other choice

I had to think about your post before responding. Generally, I have to agree. I believe that Silicon Valley and Bill Gates is where the Guaranteed Annual Income 'trial balloon' was floated from. The idea that automation, especially in low skilled, cheap labor overseas would be negated. Replace 'cheap labor' with machines.

The downside would be the vastly increased unemployment numbers and the fear of potential civil unrest. (Interestingly, that same mechanism would occur world-wide, sooner or later, and a GAI is already(?) planned or in place.(?)

The modifier to this is returning support industries and investment. Before this scenario of automation takes place in the U.S., the demand for workers is going to soar.. It looks like it already is. Shortages in management level people is huge. Even low skilled workers- that can function without basic education skills or some form of 'fix' -is already in short supply.

(This opens the door to a partial non-citizen, path for otherwise legal 'illegals' to remain in the U.S. and continue working.)

For your solution to be workable, we need a big jump in the industry base to cover the needs of a federal gov't with those 'heavily, heavily taxed corporations'.

Speculation only on my part, though.
edit on 9-2-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Your not making any sense. They paid the loan back so you think any profit should go to the government??

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

All that money should be paid back,the government lent GM money,put it back where it belongs,another case of misappropriation of money,put it back where it came from,don't do it to exploite your company

Hmmm, I could be wrong on this, but my understanding is GM did pay back every cent to the Gov't. Apparently, the number of strings attached to that 'loan' was...too much to put up with. GM was about the first to repay and get out of those Federal cough, cough, arbitrary strings.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I think it's cool that GM can give back to their employees, though it appears most of it came from profit sharing. The rest of it is coming because of the tax cuts, so they say.

I also find it amusing that your source says this:

All he had to do was to reverse everything Obama did.

GM may not be in the position it is in today if it weren't for the auto bailout under Obama, in which GM was given billions to save it's ass and was forced to restructure how it operated, considering it was losing horribly to manufactures like Toyota.

In fact, I believe GM came out ahead to the tune of 10 or so billion dollars in taxpayer money. So in reality, they are simply giving back to their workers what they paid for years before.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I think it's cool that GM can give back to their employees, though it appears most of it came from profit sharing. The rest of it is coming because of the tax cuts, so they say.

I also find it amusing that your source says this:

All he had to do was to reverse everything Obama did.

GM may not be in the position it is in today if it weren't for the auto bailout under Obama, in which GM was given billions to save it's ass and was forced to restructure how it operated, considering it was losing horribly to manufactures like Toyota.

In fact, I believe GM came out ahead to the tune of 10 or so billion dollars in taxpayer money. So in reality, they are simply giving back to their workers what they paid for years before.

You raise a very interesting point! Six foot wide rear view mirrors say the bail-outs worked! Bush started it and Obama expanded it hugely.

Despite all the political rhetoric of both sides, the anti-union-anti-corporation crap both sides, Obama and Bush, both, bailed out banks and corporations.

Some much for rhetoric....

While I'm pretty sure GM repaid all the taxpayer monies, if they did use it to profit/recover, all the more power to them. It would seem reasonable to say the Obama bail-out contributed to this GM -and others- recovery! Obama's looks more the short term effort and Trump's looks to be more long term in nature!

Applying the simplistic right mentality of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' some credit has to go to the Obama bailouts!!

While I intensely dislike his overall efforts, fair is fair. He contributed.

It gives me pause....LOL.

Thank you. Your post shifts my viewpoint....a little...

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Despite all the political rhetoric of both sides, the anti-union-anti-corporation crap both sides, Obama and Bush, both, bailed out banks and corporations.

They did.

While I'm pretty sure GM repaid all the taxpayer monies, if they did use it to profit/recover, all the more power to them. It would seem reasonable to say the Obama bail-out contributed to this GM -and others- recovery!

They did not pay it all back.

Obama's looks more the short term effort and Trump's looks to be more long term in nature!

Not sure we can say anything like that at this point.

Thank you. Your post shifts my viewpoint....a little...

Fair enough.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Whether GM did or did not pay it all back...I wasn't there....
, this is a form of 'payback' in my books. A plus.

I can say the Trump efforts are more long term. If you cannot, sobeit. (At least, potentially.) The bail-outs were obviously a short term fix.

I, for one, have a slightly increased hope for the future. Not a lot, but some.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I'll take those "crumbs"

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
What would be cool is if trump could encourage corporations to provide their employees health insurance and get a nice fat tax cut for doing so.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join