It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GM announces bonuses of over 11,000 dollars to it's hourly workers.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This just hit Facebook and I haven't looked fo other sources. If true, it's moving faster now.

Between the fight in D.C. and these changes outside D.C., the gyrations of the stock market, it looks like something is going to flat out break.
Good news, bad news, more and more faster and faster. Faster than the average guy can cope with. Where is this all going??

davidharrisjr.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Now that's compensation.

We are headed to an automated economy with automated production will be HEAVILY HEAVILY taxed and redistribute

there is no other choice
edit on 8-2-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Now that's compensation.

But it's bad for the stock market, and hurts Democrats!

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Directly from Detroit..here's the scoop.

www.detroitnews.com...

WOW!

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

well, when employees are properly compensate for the wealth they create the market actually works right

but when the government bogs down competition by choosing winners and losers and over regulation people can pay people whatever they want

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: toysforadults
Now that's compensation.

But it's bad for the stock market, and hurts Democrats!

Why is it bad for the stock market?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I worked at GM for 12 years. The work was hard but they are very generous to their employees.

We were laid off a solid year and got 95 percent of our salary! Of course, this was also the strength of the mighty United Auto Workers (UAW).

During that long lay-off, they sent us to school free and got all kinds of education from writing to math skills.

Overall, to this day I respect GM, they were tough but fair...
So this wouldn’t surprise me.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Neck hurts from knotting my head YES in agreement.

edit on 8-2-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I worked at GM for 12 years. The work was hard but they are very generous to their employees.

We were laid off a solid year and got 95 percent of our salary! Of course, this was also the strength of the mighty United Auto Workers (UAW).

During that long lay-off, they sent us to school free and got all kinds of education from writing to math skills.

Overall, to this day I respect GM, they were tough but fair...
So this wouldn’t surprise me.

Good to know.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Directly from Detroit..here's the scoop.

www.detroitnews.com...

WOW!

Ok. That puts a bit different light on it. Profit sharing is part of their UAW contract and would have occurred, albeit at a lesser amount, anyways.

GM does acknowledge the tax cut for the spike in the amount, if I read it correctly.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

To tell you the truth, I do get down hard on Trump, and as long as he acts the way he does, I will continue to do so. However, one thing I learned in life is that nothing is all bad or all good.

Trump even though I think overall he will likely end up a bad president, there is no doubt due to a law of life (that there is no such thing as all bad or all good), he will do some good along with the bad he does….

Therefore, the tax cut for the rich will do some good, maybe this is an example of that, though how it ends up overall doing for the macro economy remains to be seen.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

To tell you the truth, I do get down hard on Trump, and as long as he acts the way he does, I will continue to do so. However, one thing I learned in life is that nothing is all bad or all good.

Trump even though I think overall he will likely end up a bad president, there is no doubt due to a law of life (that there is no such thing as all bad or all good), he will do some good along with the bad he does….

Therefore, the tax cut for the rich will do some good, maybe this is an example of that, though how it ends up overall doing for the macro economy remains to be seen.

I appreciate that.

The only point I'd make is the 'rich' tend to continue being 'rich' no matter what system is in play. These cuts also help the 401Ks, the State and city guaranteed pensions funds as well as this kind of move for the workers.

Hopefully...I still hope he ends up considered a good President. Your family, my family, all of us deserve a better deal.
edit on 8-2-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I would say hats off to the UAW for negotiating this. Link below is for the UAW GM contract summary for 2015. Page 9 goes into more details, but still a summary. There are some caveats, but this is good news.

Hats off to GM recovering after the great recession too. 2 years in a row of great revenue.

General Motors Co. (NYSE: GM) today announced full-year 2017 EBIT-adjusted of $12.8 billion, repeating record 2016 performance. Results were driven by strong performance in North America, improvement in GM International led by strong equity income in China and a return to profitability in South America, sustained growth of GM Financial and an intense focus on costs.

uaw.org...

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

But we have already established that this will not be good for them!

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Can you tell me what bad you think he has done so far?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

and this is to make up for the multiple decades of underpay? get real.
edit on 8-2-2018 by richapau because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: richapau

Maybe instead of harboring anger for the past you could be happy that something good is happening now.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: richapau

I highly doubt you'll get much traction on calling UAW members underpaid for decades.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

pretty impressive deal that was struck with the union..

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

pretty impressive deal that was struck with the union..

I'd say so. Things go SO much better when there's profit to be had....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join