It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEEPSTATE: You know you're over the target when you start taking flak

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Democrats and their allies have taken to attacking the highly credible evidence against several key FBI/DOJ/IC officials, also collectively known as DEEPSTATE.

The memorandum put together by Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA), alleging partisan behavior by the FBI and the Department of Justice in a “Deep State” conspiracy against Donald Trump is, what we would call in the CIA, “disinformation.”

Tougher words could be used. But let’s put it simply at this: It is a deliberate diversion from the hard facts that the FBI and CIA have been amassing of Russian espionage activity with members of Donald Trump’s entourage.

And it presents FBI and CIA officers with a progressively grave constitutional crisis. The Nunes memo makes it difficult for those officers to serve an executive who—evidence increasingly indicates—has betrayed his oath to the Constitution. It also makes it hard for them to serve a legislative oversight committee that is distorting its functions so as to protect that executive.

. . .

Nor do the CIA or the FBI as institutions have political agendas. The idea of the “Deep State” opposing elected leaders and the rule of law is—I will be blunt here—a fascist concept, which is intended to discredit the institutions of democracy. It is done, precisely, so that a “Leader” can represent the “people” without the encumbrance of law or representative institutions.

Most CIA and FBI officers share my alarm that such a distorting and harmful term has even entered American political discussions. Those who use the term “Deep State” frankly disqualify themselves from public life in a democracy.”

www.thedailybeast.com...

Except when its true.

The above article completely glances over the mound of illicit text messages between Peter Strozok, Lisa Page, Andrew McCabe, etc and also the actions of key players in the investigation(s) as well as the compromised dossier.

Those who use the term “Deep State” frankly disqualify themselves from public life in a democracy.”

Those who are complicit with DEEPSTATE frankly disqualify themselves from public life in a Constitutional Republic.

Dismantle DEEPSTATE
edit on 2/8/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

It will really be amusing to see how we all reflect on this moment 10-20 years from now.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Many won't probably. It's easier to believe that it doesn't exist.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Aren't both sides attacking intelligence officials?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Those who are complicit with DEEPSTATE frankly disqualify themselves from public life in a Constitutional Republic.

Amen.

I usually find myself only able to agree with you. I dont have much else to add buddy. Spot on.

edit on 2 8 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

But let’s put it simply at this: It is a deliberate diversion from the hard facts that the FBI and CIA have been amassing of Russian espionage activity with members of Donald Trump’s entourage.

What hard facts is this miscreant author referring to?

That is as we not in the CIA would call misinformation and parading your political bias around as fact.

And anyone wonders why their credibility has been flushed down the toilet?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I appreciate that buddy

I frequently find myself in the same position when reading yours.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I don't know. But I do know that I am.

No sympathy/appreciation for paid drug dealers, liars and murderers. AKA the same criminal degenerates I spent 30 years of my life dealing with.

I don't make a distinction for those hiding behind the veil of national secrecy. There is such a thing as due process damnit. We are supposed to be the United States of America not the mafia for Christ's sake. We don't order hits, or fire bombings, or fake terror attacks to justify military action or sell drugs to finance to black ops in countries we shouldn't even be in. Ridiculous what kind of degenerate trash has crept into our public institutions of once great esteem.

That is un American.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Democrats and their allies have taken to attacking the highly credible evidence against several key FBI/DOJ/IC officials, also collectively known as DEEPSTATE.

Without a lot more evidence and context, we do no know which accusations are credible or not. To say it's all true is disingenuous at this point.

That's not how it works, but you are welcome to your opinion.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I agree that isn't how it works, that is what Mr. "as we in the CIA would say..." (AKA classic appeal to authority fallacy) stated

I merely misquoted him in order to point out the idiosyncrasies of his statement

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Good example of a loaded thread.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Please do elaborate.

I thought facts couldn't be loaded?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

And I thought that's just me taking too much flak again, which had me slightly overshooting the target.

Deep state of mind though, heavy duty stuff. I'm close to author an "I'm Antifa - ask me anything" AMA for ATS but really late to the party. The confi-dance is great though.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

You assume that anyone who doesn't see a mountain of evidence in the memo and some of the other things that have come out are democrats and their allies.

So the choice is you agree or you are a traitor.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

But that is a false choice paradigm.

What is wrong with accepting the memo for what it is? Laser focusing on the specific allegations of abuse, without trying to tie it in to other issues.

To be sure, this DEEPSTATE stuff is problematic. But nothing is worse than officials within the government abusing their positions of public trust. No secret, no enforcement, no government interest outweighs the pursuit of true justice and accountability.

The fact that so many discrepancies have surfaced and dismissed by one side of the argument is telling to me though. It shows willful blindness to an extent.

We are so far past the point of needing several special prosecutors appointed it isn't even funny. Thankfully, Trump and Trump DOJ officials weren't involved in the last administration and your Russia investigation has set the precedent that members of the opposite party with their own political views are perfectly capable of remaining impartial during an investigation, right? Nobody would ever let their politics influence the pursuit of justice and accountability, right?

How many hard drive crashes, lost emails, accidentally delated material and "innocent explanations" will you accept? How many will it take before you realize they were engaged in conspiracy supported by strong circumstantial evidence. People have been convicted on far less. And unless you're advocating for two separate legal systems (which is unconstitutional), there is simply no overlooking the glaring criminality of behavior exposed in texts and the memo.

As I said, it won't be productive to link this with other issues. So focusing only on the abuse/illegal acts is perfectly fine with me.
Things like the end of the Russia investigation will come on their own merit. We don't need these corrupt a-holes to do that for us. But we do need them to face justice for their alleged criminal activities.

I can't say they're guilty, but their conduct is far past warranting an investigation. Starting an investigation of these individuals will be on far more solid evidence than the investigation started against Trump (both, as I said he was cleared once).

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
It's about time Dems and Mueller put up or shut up. I'm tired of hearing about all this evidence we don't get to see.
#ReleaseTheEvidence

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Of course it is. That was my point.

What is wrong with accepting the memo for what it is? Laser focusing on the specific allegations of abuse, without trying to tie it in to other issues.

Allegations of any kind are not facts. They are opinions which may be correct depending on the facts. I don't think anyone has actually seen the facts these allegations are based on.

To be sure, this DEEPSTATE stuff is problematic. But nothing is worse than officials within the government abusing their positions of public trust. No secret, no enforcement, no government interest outweighs the pursuit of true justice and accountability.

Good luck with that.

The fact that so many discrepancies have surfaced and dismissed by one side of the argument is telling to me though. It shows willful blindness to an extent.

And wishful thinking by the opposite side.

ETA: As for your edit. I had no idea I had a russian investigation going on, people's politics can influence that actions and strong circumstantial evidence is only valid as click-bait (see, pizza-gate).

edit on 8-2-2018 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

This is ATS. It's rather a matter of time until you'll run into the controlled opposition angle with limited hangouts. The Deep State runs deep enough to have lotta asses covered when they run their ship the way you guys claim they do.
Makes sense, doesn't it?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Yes, even a mild curiosity in the extent of entrenched forces within a vast, unelected government bureaucracy is too much for them, that they’d rather imply you are a fascist for demanding transparency.

At the same times he makes grandiose and unsubstantiated accusations towards the president of the United States, all while worrying about how his own agency is perceived.

The article is trash.
edit on 8-2-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

We are so far past the point of needing several special prosecutors appointed it isn't even funny. Thankfully, Trump and Trump DOJ officials weren't involved in the last administration and your Russia investigation has set the precedent that members of the opposite party with their own political views are perfectly capable of remaining impartial during an investigation, right? Nobody would ever let their politics influence the pursuit of justice and accountability, right?

How many hard drive crashes, lost emails, accidentally delated material and "innocent explanations" will you accept? How many will it take before you realize they were engaged in conspiracy supported by strong circumstantial evidence. People have been convicted on far less. And unless you're advocating for two separate legal systems (which is unconstitutional), there is simply no overlooking the glaring criminality of behavior exposed in texts and the memo.

As I said, it won't be productive to link this with other issues. So focusing only on the abuse/illegal acts is perfectly fine with me.
Things like the end of the Russia investigation will come on their own merit. We don't need these corrupt a-holes to do that for us. But we do need them to face justice for their alleged criminal activities.

I can't say they're guilty, but their conduct is far past warranting an investigation. Starting an investigation of these individuals will be on far more solid evidence than the investigation started against Trump (both, as I said he was cleared once).

Very well stated... the duly brainwashed in our society, are SO entrained in !RUSSIA! hysteria, that, rather than just look at things on their face, they have been told that ANY effort to call out wrong doing by the leviathan apparatus of FBIDOJCIANSA is a "ruse" to fire Mueller and/or Rosenstein.

To them... the ends justify the means.

This statement: "Those who use the term “Deep State” frankly disqualify themselves from public life in a democracy.”

And your response: "Those who are complicit with DEEPSTATE frankly disqualify themselves from public life in a Constitutional Republic" articulates the difference PERFECTLY...

...those who think we live in a Democracy are completely comfortable with "Mob Rule" as long as it's their mob, and those who understand we live in a Constitutional Republic, understand that The Law must inform everything, without exception.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join