It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some news about dinosaur extinction

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555 it`s only not know by the experts,because they have no common sense, they are experts!

link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

(post by bluechevytree removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

When it comes to evolution and potential I dare say we've got it made.

We could survive, our lineage has gotten us this far. Without getting into the potentiality of other civilisations on Earth I dare say we're Earth's best bet for guaranteed survival of life on Earth.

We need to stop messing about on this rock, learn to mess about on other rocks... It would be a shame if we were wiped out soon whilst we were basically kissing the sky

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Mudfossil University....tell your teacher to go there and learn a few things.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

He just read about that in a magazine and thought it was interesting. He's no expert in dinosaur, nor that he pretended to be. He just shared to the students the theories brought by the article.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnorantGod

He just read about that in a magazine and thought it was interesting. He's no expert in dinosaur, nor that he pretended to be. He just shared to the students the theories brought by the article.

Awsome..he will be as excited as I was then when he learns what Mudfossil University has to offer....its called truth.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I don't trust any truth.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I think a lot of people think the dinosaurs were wiped out (whether by meteor strike or volcanic activity etc.) in one fell swoop. This is incorrect. Dinosaurs went extinct gradually. IE. whatever caused the cataclysm killed the majority of fauna, the food of the large herbivore dinosaurs, which died, which were food for the large carnivore dinosaurs, which died because they needed the vast amount of meat to survive.. Hence the demise of only the large species leaving the small creatures, herbivore and carnivore, to survive on the small amounts of fauna that were left.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I have a hunch that the appearance of small egg-eating mammals may have been a factor.

At one time that was a belief... but proto-mammals appeared as far back as the late Jurassic.
Not all dinosaurs were egg-layers. Some apparently gave live birth and some laid eggs that were simply too large for the egg raiders to devour.

Early true mammals were very small. They wouldn't have had much impact on egg-laying T-rexes.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
a reply to: RAY1990

There were what, 5, or 6, extinction level events.

Large ones, yes, but many smaller extinction events. Life on Earth isn't easy.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This week I learned that the term "Dinosaur" (roughly terrible lizard) was coined in 1841. Its fun to think that maybe there are other terms that history has used for the same type of animal.

Not trying to derail as the history of the world can be a very sensitive topic but it was news to me!!

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
Mudfossil University....tell your teacher to go there and learn a few things.

Absolutely, the world would be so much better off if we gored science and listened to a guy who got his PhD at the university of YouTube. The simple fact that he doesn't understand the most basic aspects of physics and either out of sheer ignorance or blatant lies, gives grossly inaccurate information of general relativity. It's usually a good sign that the person knows just how wrong they are when they disable comments on their videos.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join