It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flier Said She Had No Option but to Flush Her Pet Hamster

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I agree the entire emotional support animal system is being abused.

Now most, who have them, usually have a medical history that would make it medically necessary for such. Usually this goes along with doctors stating such.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

Flushing an animal is just cruel.

On an airplane, the little fella was flushed into the tank of nasty stuff. Probably endured a slow agonizing drowning.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

Being that it was a service animal it's possible a lawyer might back her as well if she us working with health care professionals on coercion from the airlines to dispose of the animal. With that would have been cheaper, fired everyone better if the airline had stuck to the original word about this.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Might have taken the same amount of time in deciding to flush it as it would have been letting it go outside. Rather that death if even to the elements in the brush as opposed to being flushed in a fatburg-yup,that's a real thing, pathogen, chemical,and 'vermin' infested sewers.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
My wife posted a picture from the airport of a passenger try I g to take their support Peacock on a plane. They were denied however.

She sent me another of a dog so large it had to be pushed around on a 2ft x 2ft wooden cart, must have been 150lbs easily.

Mostly these are just people trying to get their pets on the plane for free.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Terrorist dwarf hamsters on planes!!! It's a wonder that they didn't shut down the whole airport.

Ladies and gents, this is the droids you've been looking for! Now go and find a Norwegian to do some serious work on your TSA madness?

edit on 8-2-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:46 AM
link   
from a legal standpoint I'd like to see her prove the airline told her to flush the hamster down a toilet. doubt it would hold up in court. I'm willing to bet she made that part up to explain her psychotic behaviour.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Obviously of little support to her emotional well being, when she so easily

flushed *her emotional support* away.

edit on 9-2-2018 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH
Just set it free.

Someone else would pick it up and take it home.

No need for euthanasia.

Releasing a domestic animal (small mammal like hamster, rat, mouse, guinea pig, degu, hedgehog, chinchilla, gerbil, rabbit, etc.) outside is probably one of the CRUELEST things you can do to it. Seattle parks are common dumping grounds for unwanted pets, and they usually don't live 24hrs. Cars, dogs, cats, hawks, coyotes, lack of shelter, lack of proper food, freezing, overheating, all of these things WILL end a dumped animals life. Some may survive and proliferate, like rabbits, but their lives are not great and overpopulation can become an issue. Why not call a shelter?
edit on 292018 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
PETA Has Issue With Woman Who Flushed Her Hamster

Aldecosea, a 21-year-old college student who was heading home to Florida for surgery on her neck, says even though she was told over the phone that hamsters were permitted as emotional support animals, a Spirit employee told her otherwise when she showed up with Pebbles at Baltimore's airport for her flight in November—and then, says Aldecosea, suggested she flush it down the toilet.

Aldecosea did, and now PETA says both she and the Spirit rep who allegedly told her to flush the rodent should be held accountable. "Flushing a living being down a toilet is not only cruel but also illegal," a PETA VP tells USA Today. "This must have been a horrific, terrifying death."

Ok, that's just rotten but, for the first time I pretty much have to agree with PETA (I hate to admite that).

Here's what I don't get at all?

A bit of good news for Aldecosea, per Goodman: She's got a new replacement rodent to soothe her.

NO! No no no no no no no!

If she was inept in her decisions over one hamster? Why should she be allowed to have another.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join