It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOW Down Over 1,000 Points, Uncertainty in the Markets

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Is Hannity still blaming Obama? If he is, that is BS, because for a year trump has been saying its been strong due to non other than himself.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
If the market didn't correct itself every so often I wouldn't have any buying opportunities. People always think it is the end of the world, but it isn't...it is part of the cycle.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Who's fault is it today? Trump? Obama? The Russians?

My money is on the Somalians.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Remember all the Trump supporters talking about its all Trumps doing how the stock market rose?

😂😂

That is very interesting. It is almost like they intentionally let trump take full credit for the phony stock market so he would fully own the related performance. They tempted him and tempted him and he took the bait. Now he will own this.

He can't really be that detached can he? He has to know the market is completely owned by the central banks. Did they promise him something and he actually believed them? So he claimed responsibility for the rise. I wonder what will happen with the engineered fall?

Oh well, I am very smart. I have all of my allocations in bonds so this doesn't affect me yet. What? I missed the entire run up of 18,000 points on the dow because I was in bonds the entire time? SHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.........................

Oh well, it is just money.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Their is a conundrum, one can ask where is the money going? someone sells and has cash, where does he/she put it? Apparently it seems to be evaporating. This is concerning

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
You forgot the guy who has been saying this for so long we ignored him lately, Alan Greenspan!!

Got him in post #2.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I have always been curious, how does the stock market benefit humanity? Getting paid for the correct insider information does not grow, produce or mine anything to actually create value. Couldn't a company receive money from profits or at least selling bonds for capitol projects or to grow the company?

I see the making of company public and traded benefits the very few. If anything the markets are one of the greatest creations ever to invisibly suck off the productivity from others. I wonder if we will ever look back and just shake our heads.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Are we in a recession or something?
Not yet but give it time. It will happen sooner or later.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Like earthquakes, Little adjustment's are better than one big one.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I don't even recognize you with your new selfie as your avatar

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I realize that video is way too long for most posters here, so here is a condensed version that should at least get your foot in the door with your new portfolio.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Everyone panicking and pulling out only makes it tank faster. The market goes up and down, but long term investors should just say in on downturns. It'll go back up.

I'm out. I can't stand another 08. I learned my lesson 10 years ago.

Trumps Trickle down won't fix what's wrong with the market. believe me!! In fact, when has it ever worked like they tell you it will?

Recession, here we come....

edit on 8-2-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Who's fault is it today? Trump? Obama? The Russians?

Take your pick

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
It's a well deserved reality-check for Trump.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
My money is on the Somalians.

*grumbles*
... friggin' Somalians...

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: projectvxn

I don't even recognize you with your new selfie as your avatar

Saitama is my spirit anime.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Welp, Australia has just opened and is already down 1.5%. It'll be interesting to see what happens with the Nikkei - there is speculation already that it might fall by 3%.
This brings up what is one of my personal gripes. I am old enough to have witnessed a lot of booms and busts and it annoys the hell out of me when people say that the global market is going to be calm and enter into a long-term boom because it's 'logical' or some such crap.
No.
Hell no.
Such talk just shows the inexperience of those people. There will always be volatility some point, whether from political instability, idiotic decisions on fiscal policies or wars and other unrest.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
There will always be volatility some point, whether from political instability, idiotic decisions on fiscal policies or wars and other unrest.

Absolutely true. The Stock Market has an incredible psychological component to it, and just like pigeons in a park, it only takes a little bit of the right kind of scare to send investors all flying around in a panic, crapping on everybody in the process.
edit on 8-2-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Everyone panicking and pulling out only makes it tank faster. The market goes up and down, but long term investors should just say in on downturns. It'll go back up.

I'm out. I can't stand another 08. I learned my lesson 10 years ago.

Trumps Trickle down won't fix what's wrong with the market. believe me!! In fact, when has it ever worked like they tell you it will?

Recession, here we come....

now I know jack Sh1t about stocks as I keep my money in realestate. However, isn't there always an opportunity to make money regardless the status of of the stock market?

If I remember correctly when the market crashes don't some stock really shine? Like mcdonalds and alcohol?

Actually just got motivated to create a stock trading account today and throw some play money into it and try my hand at it. trying to figure it out and its overwhelming. I figure I put 50% of the play money into a 6month to 1 year investment stock and the other 50% to some more volatile quick returns to get my feet wet. Will see how it goes I looking to buy during the crash

edit on 31228America/ChicagoThu, 08 Feb 2018 17:31:00 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
you guys remember 2008?

cycles....it's just cycles.....big drop coming this time...catastrophic according to Gann

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join