It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George W. Bush says Russia meddled in 2016 US election

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Aww, how cute the Deep State just summoned a new player.

- "There's pretty clear evidence that the Russians meddled," said former President Bush.
- Donald Trump has denied that Moscow tried to affect the vote.
- Speaking of Russian President Vladimir Putin, Bush called him "zero-sum."

With all these crazy news lately maybe I missed something like WHERE'S THIS EVIDENCE HE'S TALKING ABOUT?

Former President George W. Bush said on Thursday that "there's pretty clear evidence that the Russians meddled" in the 2016 American presidential election, forcefully rebutting fellow Republican Donald Trump's denials of Moscow trying to affect the vote.

While never mentioning President Trump by name, Bush appeared to be pushing back on Trump's attempts to have warmer relations with Russia, as well as his comments on immigration.

The White House did not immediately comment on Bush's remarks.

"There's pretty clear evidence that the Russians meddled," Bush said at a talk in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. "Whether they affected the outcome is another question."

Bush also said that "it's problematic that a foreign nation is involved in our election system. Our democracy is only as good as people trust the results."

U.S. intelligence agencies have concluded Russia meddled in the 2016 election to help Trump win. Numerous investigations are under way to determine whether Trump's campaign aided the Kremlin in its efforts.

LOL

The rest of the article is irrelevant, just posting because someone may have missed Mr. Bush's back at business now that Obama can't show his ass up since he's probably hiding in a bunker with his 30 lawyers.

CNBC

Their lies just reinforce my opinion that they really did broke the law to push their agenda.

edit on 8/2/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Same guy that said God told him and that he knew Iraq had WMD?

9/11 anyone?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

New player?

Bush is friends with the Clinton's and Obama's.

I didn't know it's still a secret that the players we've seen all have the same agenda in mind.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

New player because he hasn't made any public statement lately about all of this.

But they're desperate now, so the old ones are coming back to push their narrative to the public again.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I seem to remember him interfering with Iraqi elections. How’s that going Georgie? You did a great job there. Your nazi grandfather would be proud.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

He said during the election he wasn't on Trump's side.

Further more I think Russia did meddle... The extent is debatable, or whether or not it had an effect. If it was just putting out information or disinformation, our media does that too. As do our intelligence agencies.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I didn't realize Dubya was in on these classified meetings still. Good for him.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

" Bush said at a talk in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates.

Bush is in the middle east kissing his arab brouther's a$$es.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
can someone give me a definition of “meddled”?

What did they do?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: iwanttobelieve70

Sure, an attempt to project interests by trying to sway opinions. So basically everyone does it.

Did it have an effect on the outcome of the election? I doubt it.

What is their mission? My guess is to create distrust in our current system. Seeing as they played both sides, and both sides want legal action on the other.... It's working.

When did we become so fickle?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
If Bush says the grass is green and the sky is blue , I dang well would be on my way outside to verify . Even though I knew it was...

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

The Bush Family are pure, 100% IC lapdogs.

I want to like GW. But he's his fathers son...and his mothers son, too.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: iwanttobelieve70
can someone give me a definition of “meddled”?

What did they do?

Pokemon!

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Aw how cute the alt right is still in the dark. Hoping they'll do it again I suppose...
edit on 282018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Yeah. Your hero in 2000 in sure.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
I didn't realize Dubya was in on these classified meetings still. Good for him.

He can still get security briefings, I’m not sure if he did but his father got them long after leaving office

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Aw how cute the alt right is still in the dark. Hoping they'll do it again I suppose...

Yea, the left isn't feeding Russia's motive at all.

They support a dossier that had Russian sources (who were paid for information).

As if they don't know what they're doing.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I really hate deliberate ignorance. Even the orangutan admitted Russian hacking begrudgingly. He's so afraid they're gonna declare his presidency illegitimate. So so much fear. I see it in his supporters too. So very afraid. Otherwise the evidence is obvious and you're asking for a foreign nation to interfere again. Next time it may not be your side to benefit. but ignore it now because of fear.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Ignore the obvious.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Between him and his father, you’d almost think they made election meddling a family business.

Is the liberal media really going to be an echo chamber for a Bush? Now we are living in bizzaro world.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join