It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justification for the Steele dossier shows a warrant should be issued to spy on Obama and Hillary

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
By now everyone knows that Christopher Steele's, the ex m16 british spy, dossier was used at least in part to get a fisa warrant to spy on a person that was in trumps campaign, Carter Page.

The Grassley memo says that instead of verifiying all of steeles claims, the FBI relied more heavily on steeles reputation as he had worked with them before.

People on ATS and elsewhere have said that this is perfectly legitgimate; that because the claims in the dossier were so serious, and Steele so reputable, that this was enough tp spy on Carter Page.

Well if you followed the news, yesterday the infomant on the Uranium One scandal, Douglas Campbell, testified to congress about what he saw going on with russia in their efforts to buy Uranium.

Here is part of it.

An FBI informant connected to the Uranium One controversy told three congressional committees in written testimony that Moscow routed millions of dollars to America with the expectation it would be used to benefit Bill Clinton's charitable efforts while Secretary of State Hillary Clinton quarterbacked a “reset” in US-Russian relations.

The informant, Douglas Campbell, said in the testimony obtained by The Hill that he was told by Russian nuclear executives that Moscow had hired the American lobbying firm APCO Worldwide specifically because it was in position to influence the Obama administration, and more specifically Hillary Clinton.

Campbell said Russian nuclear officials “told me at various times that they expected APCO to apply a portion of the $3 million annual lobbying fee it was receiving from the Russians to provide in-kind support for the Clinton’s Global Initiative,” he added in the testimony.

“The contract called for four payments of $750,000 over twelve months. APCO was expected to give assistance free of charge to the Clinton Global Initiative as part of their effort to create a favorable environment to ensure the Obama administration made affirmative decisions on everything from Uranium One to the U.S.-Russia Civilian Nuclear Cooperation agreement. “

thehill.com...

Bacially he says that these russians, a couple which have actually been charged with crimes related to bribing, were actually bribing hillary and Obama connected people. In fact he goes on to say that he gave the FBI info that russia was helping iran with their nuclear program as well.

When he asked why despite his years of work getting info about this, the Obama admin still allowed the sale of uranium one, he was told by the FBI it was politics.

Now keep in mind, Campbell had worked for the CIA or FBI for decades.

William D. Campbell, an American businessman, provided extensive information on other counterintelligence issues to the FBI for decades and he had also provided information to the CIA on various issues during his time overseas.

“For several years my relationship with the CIA consisted of being debriefed after foreign travel,” Campbell noted in his testimony, which was obtained by this reporter. “Gradually, the relationship evolved into the CIA tasking me to travel to specific countries to obtain specific information. In the 1990’s I developed a working relationship with Kazakhstan and Russia in their nuclear energy industries. When I told the CIA of this development, I was turned over to FBI counterintelligence agents.”

saraacarter.com...

So given Campbells reputation for having worked with the CIA and FBI for years, and given the seriousness of hwat he has said, why shouldnt he be given the same treatment as Steele was, and his claims be used for fisa warrants against Hillary, Obama, and other connected people?

In fact, Campbells credibility seems to be much more intact, seeing as how he never said he hated Obama or Hillary as he was compiling the data, or that he wasnt paid by opponents of Obama or Hillary to compile his research.

And not to mention that the end result was that the U1 sale went through, despite the fact that we know there were criminals around the deal.

So I am sure that everyoone that think steeles credibility and the seriousness of his claims were reason enough to spy on people that were in trumps team should agree Campbells credibility should be enough to spy on people in Hillary and Obamas team.

Lets wiretap phones, lets check all of their emails going years back; after all we are interested in getting to the bottom of russian influence, right?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
While I agree with your premise. I think it would be redundant. This is the same as police departments investigating themselves for wrongful death. They will never prosecute themselves.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I'd say you have a point but isn't it already too late? Obama is done and so is Hillary.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Correction a FISA warrant was issued on someone who used to be part of trumps campaign but wasn't when the warrant was issued.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

If you do that, it would be denied because the implicated are untouchable, off limits, and the media would go into hyperspin mode turning it back on Trump saying he is now guilty of using the government agencies to target political opposition.

You can't win when they have already rigged the game against you.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

I'd say you have a point but isn't it already too late? Obama is done and so is Hillary.

does that mean they could go on a killing spree and not face any charges, or do they still have recourse to the law?

that argument must be in the official talking points given to leftists.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Oh and there no Grassley memo. It's a referendum. Suggesting that an investigation be opened. Nothing more. You're making a silk purse out of a sows ear calling it a declassified memo. It is not that.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The Sun shinning brighter every day 🔆

Obama proven for the umpteenth time he's a liar 👃

It's all coming out without "spying" too 👋

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Correction a FISA warrant was issued on someone who used to be part of trumps campaign but wasn't when the warrant was issued.

so even though the Steele Dosier (which I believe you still think has validity) showed possible collusion with Trump and Russia, you don't think anyone looked into Trumps campaign?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

No, they are both still alive and can be investigated and prosecuted as needed.
Finishing a term in office or losing a political race does not automatically grant amnesty from prosecution forever.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Intelligence agencies are known to file for FISA warrants for people that they can get them on.... in order to spy on another person they are in communication with as 'incidental' information gathering. The target sometimes isn't the person that the warrant is sworn out for.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I think Jeremy Scahill had the most refreshing view on this whole matter.

Instead of the citizens addressing the root problem, which is mass illegal surveillance...

The two parties are politicizing the illegal nature of this problem.

So what are we supposed to do? Counter every abuse with another? Then it will be perpetual. The whole the reeks, but it smells worse when we look at it through the lense of partisan politics. Look at it legally.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

does that mean they could go on a killing spree and not face any charges, or do they still have recourse to the law?

that argument must be in the official talking points given to leftists.

Here we go with the cheap, "leftists" attacks......Haven't you grown past name-calling?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Not really fair.

To used leftist logic against leftists is probably racist. Or something.

When they say, "By Any Means Necessary", they really do mean that.

They will cloak themselves within the Constitution and Bill of Rights while abusing it at the same time.

It's not fair, it's not right, it's not legal, it's not moral, it's not Constitutional.

But they do it regardless, and justify it with a convoluted logic that makes Gordian Knots look like parallel lines.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
How do we know Steele is really ex MI6?

To me, it makes sense to have people ‘leave’ but not leave, so the state can get/give info through other channels.

Kind of like operation mockingbird in the US

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

the Steele Dosier (which I believe you still think has validity) 

Which I know has validity and so does everybody else except his base. Most of it has been validated. So sorry. You can call it fake if you like but it's not going to change the fact that it's not.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Neither does getting elected president.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

a reply to: network dude

the Steele Dosier (which I believe you still think has validity) 

Which I know has validity and so does everybody else except his base. Most of it has been validated. So sorry. You can call it fake if you like but it's not going to change the fact that it's not.

You keep saying that, but can show no proof.

The only things vidated are things that are public knowledge before the dossier was mafe, like page going to Moscow rosemeft being for sale, etc.

So show your proof

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

What kind of info on trump could they get if, as trump insists, he wasn't really part of the campaign in the first place and was officially off the campaign when they got the warrant?

Where is your disconnect occurring on this?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

That's all you got? Care to opine on anything further or would that go against you're defend Hillary at all costs modus operandi? Do you agree with the OP that this is cause to obtain FISA warrants and comb through every inch of Hillary, Obama, and all connected to them?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join