It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hacked From ....... scammers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I'm in the UK. I have had calls from an Indian call centre - you get loads of calls with no one there then you get one and it's obviously a call centre cos you hear all the noise in the background. Indian woman says she's from BT Internet and says "is your computer turned on? Please turn it on. Is problem with your router". I asked her why and she just repeats "turn on your computer". Then she gets fed up and hangs up.

I noticed that their tel number did not come up on the phone's screen.

I rang BT and they confirmed it was not them, it was a well known scam. If you turn on your computer they will ask you to do stuff that will give them access to your computer.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Slightly off post, I was called up a couple of years age from someone purporting to be from my banks security division saying my card had been cloned and someone was using it to buy stuff off E Bay. They told me my name, address, date of birth and the long numbers on my card. Then they made a mistake in asking my security code numbers to prove it was me. Then I said" but you phoned me so you already know who I am" and I told them I would go physically to my bank. They were quite polite in saying well do that then.
When I went to my bank they told me their security people do not carry out security questions over the phone, they might phone you to attend your bank. They said it was someone trying to clone my card. As I don't use my card (my wife does all the banking) I got them to destroy the card and not to send me any more.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
SCAM. Absolute SCAM.
Call center in India. Using tracking data from the internet and spoofing numbers. Should be illegal , but since it is India nothing can be done as far as legal action.
Anyway , corporations gave them the technology and now they are using it to scam folks.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Just a footnote to inform users that moderator donttreadonme has altered the thread title from Hacked From 'This Site' to '....scammers' . And the thread has moved from board and business questions forum to computer help forum . While the new forum setting is patrolled by respected users eg ArmaP , that is absolutely fine anyway . Thanks everybody for the help ; )

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: studio500

So the call that you made to the Police had nothing whatsoever to do with the BT call? It sounds like you have had two separate incidents going on.

You've been told the incidents (plural : call_s) are linked , proved over two threads . When people get out words such such as 'absolutely none' and 'nothing whatsoever' , and they stick with it, my ears prick up and I start to wonder if the person producing such conclusive language gets deluded easily , especially if or when they quote 'lack of evidence' when there clearly is evidence . There is always more to know , obviously your question markis granted . The matter is now of whether the set of coincidences have a significant theme or raison d'etre . I've outlined but partly hidden a case why these two matters, ie talking to police , and ats, at the same time as being hacked , are/ could be linked , so at which point that they cease to be coincidences and form potential evidence of highly suspicious activity .
edit on 9-2-2018 by GeneralMayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   
An up date on a post I made yesterday when I too had received a call

pertaining to be from BT regarding my computer, in which I rudely cut

them off mid sentence ...... Well just happened again this

morning

Looks like they are blitzing thick and fast.

BEWARE ALL.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Test reply.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join