It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Girl, 12, Accused of Strangling Sister, 9

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
A nine year old girl is dead after she was strangled by her older sister in what is being described as an argument over a hamburger. The older sister, 12, is currently being held while a family court decides if she is to be tried as an adult. An autopsy is pending and the strangulation theory is based on the girls confession she made in a hospital psychiatric unit.

story.news.yahoo.com
ST. LOUIS - A 12-year-old girl has been charged with murder under juvenile law for allegedly killing her 9-year-old sister, apparently in a dispute over a hamburger.

A Family Court judge will determine if the girl should be tried as an adult, but no date has been set for that proceeding, said Kathryn Herman, assistant administrator for the St. Louis Family Court. A detention hearing is set for Wednesday.

The older girl reported finding her sister lifeless on the floor of their home near downtown Dec. 22.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

While I am a firm believer in punishment for criminals, I have a hard time believing that there is even a consideration for a 12 year old to be tried as an adult. I can see 14 or 15, but 12 seems a bit much even for me. If tried as a juvenile, she will get out when she turns 21 and no doubt she is pretty much done at that point .

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
? A hamburger? A Rally Burger or a McDonald burger? Rally's i can understand, but McDonalds? No.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
While I am a firm believer in punishment for criminals, I have a hard time believing that there is even a consideration for a 12 year old to be tried as an adult. I can see 14 or 15, but 12 seems a bit much even for me. If tried as a juvenile, she will get out when she turns 21 and no doubt she is pretty much done at that point .

I think this is a sign of our changing times. The Zoloft Killer was 12 when he killed and he was tried as an adult.

new topics

join