It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI informant interviewed about U1

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
CNN Politics article says an interview of an “FBI informant,” about Uranium One, by some GOP senate judiciary committee members, was to take place today. Dems “sounded the alarm.” Here’s a few excerpts and the link:

[ The Democratic pair further said the Justice Department has already expressed to members of the committees that they had "serious credibility concerns" with the informant, and the two requested Democrats receive a transcript of the expected interview this week. ]

[ The letter said Republican staff had informed them there was no full transcription planned for the interview. ]

[ In his response to the letter, Gowdy said the interview would take place Wednesday and was arranged by Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley's staff. Gowdy said in his letter to Cummings that "legitimate questions" surrounding Uranium One have materialized, that Democrats have had equal access documents and briefings and that the "committees have not ruled out the prospect of transcribed interviews in this investigation." ]

www.cnn.com...

I was tipped off by a tweet I saw that said this was happening, but I hadn’t heard anything else of it... I looked for newer news, but there was nothing more, on the the first page of google that I searched.

Just thought this was interesting, and wondered when we might hear about it, or what comes from it...
edit on 2/7/2018 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: japhrimu

The Republicans should just send the Democrats a 302 on their recollections of the interview.

See how it feels.........

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

And I think there’s rumor that he has hard evidence, like recordings of some sort, that he has access to...

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The media has really dived fully into this whole narrative haven't they? In fact, they're the ones who keep it at the forefront of people's minds every day by continuously reporting on it.

But no motive behind such a thing, right? It couldn't possibly be their agenda to keep our attention fixed on what they want. Nope. We should all give this thing all of our attention even though we've gotten absolutely nowhere in the past year with it. Let's keep chasing that carrot.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

The informants attorney and Sara Carter are on Hannity right mow discussing the case.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I will agree that the situation can be polarizing... but that doesn’t necessarily mean it should be avoided...

By the media, do you fox? I’d agree there, too... I dunno about most of the rest of the MSM... (Edit to add: I mean I disagree... I watch a variety, and don’t see it, much, other than fox)

Information at our fingertips is changing everything, giving us more chance to participate, or at least follow, our politics and government...

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

There really isn't any "participation" in obsessing over information released to us by a government that we claim to not trust. They've pretty much turned politics into fantasy sports where people pour over stats and fight over whose team is better. Except with fantasy politics there's no cash payout for "winning", if you can even believe in such a thing even exists in that scenario.
edit on 2/7/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

That’s why I also said follow.

What do you suggest as an alternative? I see you post enough that I assume you follow, too, no?

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
The media has really dived fully into this whole narrative haven't they? In fact, they're the ones who keep it at the forefront of people's minds every day by continuously reporting on it.

But no motive behind such a thing, right? It couldn't possibly be their agenda to keep our attention fixed on what they want. Nope. We should all give this thing all of our attention even though we've gotten absolutely nowhere in the past year with it. Let's keep chasing that carrot.

It appears legitimate because people in high places are quitting or getting fired. We be draining the swamp! Victory!!

Funny though, had I done even .000001% of the crimes alleged I'd be imprisoned for years before being converted into a transvestite and ultimately run for Senate. But these guys leave, get there pensions and then run their mouth on Twitter. Don't figure.

But don't worry, we're on the brink of indictments.

I wonder how many Trump loyalists will find themselves filling those seats. A whole new definition of reality TV.
edit on 7-2-2018 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Follow anything outside of what is posted on ATS? Not at all. People follow politics in the same way people follow their favorite sports team, no participation, just sitting on the sideline cheering their team on.
edit on 2/7/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Good thread.

I will add some more info about this.

An FBI informant connected to the Uranium One controversy told three congressional committees in written testimony that Moscow routed millions of dollars to America with the expectation it would be used to benefit Bill Clinton's charitable efforts while Secretary of State Hillary Clinton quarterbacked a “reset” in US-Russian relations.

The informant, Douglas Campbell, said in the testimony obtained by The Hill that he was told by Russian nuclear executives that Moscow had hired the American lobbying firm APCO Worldwide specifically because it was in position to influence the Obama administration, and more specifically Hillary Clinton.

thehill.com...

This article outlines the whole story.

Basically campbell was an FBI informant for over five years, and worked undercover to help the FBI with russians for years.

He claims that he gave the FBI all sorts of info that showed that Russians were sending money to bribe the Clintons and other people in Obamas admin

Campbell said Russian nuclear officials “told me at various times that they expected APCO to apply a portion of the $3 million annual lobbying fee it was receiving from the Russians to provide in-kind support for the Clinton’s Global Initiative,” he added in the testimony.

“The contract called for four payments of $750,000 over twelve months. APCO was expected to give assistance free of charge to the Clinton Global Initiative as part of their effort to create a favorable environment to ensure the Obama administration made affirmative decisions on everything from Uranium One to the U.S.-Russia Civilian Nuclear Cooperation agreement. “

APCO says that there work with russians was seprate from the Clinton foundation, and was under two different divisions.

Dems claim Campbell cant be trusted, and the FBI didnt trust him, and this is a distraction from the Russia investigation.

Campbell claims that the fact the FBI paid him $50,000 for his work in 2016 shows they did trust him.

I feel like it should be easy for investigators to find documents that Campbell claims to have given to the FBI all though his work there, which would seem speak a lot to his credibility.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I do enjoy ATS... I came for the Paranormal; Stayed for Politics.

I voted.

America IS my team of choice.

Friendship, too!

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Thx for complimenting and adding to.
That’s more than I’d seen.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

www.reuters.com...

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. authorities have charged a Maryland businessman with bribing a Russian official in an effort to win contracts to ship uranium to the United States.

U.S. prosecutors unsealed money laundering, foreign bribery and wire fraud charges against Mark Lambert, 54, in federal court in Greenbelt, Maryland, on Friday.

Lambert denies the allegations and plans to fight them in court, his attorney William Sullivan said during a pre-trial hearing

It must take a lot of effort to continue to try and maintain the false narrative you just tried to purport in your above statements.

Actually it begins to look more desperate with every post.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
The Justice Department Has Apparently Debunked the GOP’s Phony Uranium One Scandal

Uranium One the dead horse cult45 has been beating for the past year.

After hyping the Uranium One case throughout much of 2016 and 2017, Republicans have grown relatively quiet about the issue in recent weeks.
Instead, they’ve sought to focus attention on the controversial memo written by staffers of House intelligence committee chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), attacking the process through which FBI agents sought a warrant to surveil Carter Page, a Trump campaign aide suspected of acting as a Russian agent.

Tuesday’s letter may help explain why Republicans have largely stopped talking about the Uranium

So sad, looks like the DOJ just shot down another cult45 conspiracy theory.

The officials said that “at no point did [the individual] provide any allegation of corruption, illegality, or impropriety on Clinton, the Clinton Foundation, President Clinton, the Uranium One deal, or CFIUS,” Cummings and Schiff wrote.

“They also confirmed that there were ‘no allegations of impropriety or illegality’ regarding Secretary Clinton in any of the documents they reviewed.”
The officials also revealed in the briefing that “career attorneys initially planned to build their case against Mikerin based on evidence provided by this individual.
However, they began to have ‘serious credibility concerns’ because of ‘inconsistencies’ between the individual’s statements and documents they obtained as part of the investigation,” the letter says.

www.motherjones.com...

K~

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Discussed on Hannity:
The informant told the FBI that Russia was still working with Iran on their nuclear program and Obama was aware of this fact when he told Republicans in Congress (who were concerned about it) that the Russians had stopped helping Iran.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Discussed on Hannity:
The informant told the FBI that Russia was still working with Iran on their nuclear program and Obama was aware of this fact when he told Republicans in Congress (who were concerned about it) that the Russians had stopped helping Iran.

And everything was OK, it was just political.

Wow!

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

See my last post.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Follow anything outside of what is posted on ATS? Not at all. People follow politics in the same way people follow their favorite sports team, no participation, just sitting on the sideline cheering their team on.

So you don't follow politics, but you post in the political forums, despite by default having to be grossly uninformed on every subject you're posting on since you don't follow any of it.

You just want us all to know how woke you are, don't you?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

When you post Mother Jones links, your credibility is worse than Christopher Steele's.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join