It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi speaks for record 8 straight hours demanding immigration vote

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Of course you didn't listen to her for 8 hours. No one did. And I suspect that, save for a few quotable bites, it was 8 hours of reading other peoples words and filling in with fluff and long pauses.

In other words: a publicity stunt.

But I agree: at her age, to be able to pull off such a stunt is pretty remarkable. I sit on my ass all day doing numbers work. Im well aware that 8 hours of standing would make my back scream in agony.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: xuenchen
She is so upset that an "apparent" Senate majority of Democrats and Republicans have come to an "agreement" about funding in general that she just had to yak her head off for over 8 hours on the House Floor today !!!

This is very bad.

It's much more effective to have many different voices speak in the 8 hours, than just one voice.

A single voice makes it look like only one person opposes the deal, and nobody else agrees.

The democrats should never have her going on for so long.

I once had a professor tell me, if you can't explain it in one sentence, then you don't know what you're talking about.

Maybe he was a bit extreme.

But, it shouldn't take 8 hours to make your point.

Maybe they're afraid of her. She's the epitome of radical, right up there in the ranks of Maxine Waters and Al Green. They don't want to do anything that involves compromise, they just want to impeach the president or resist anything he stands for, even if it means putting their party on the back burner. They have a new party and it's the party of resistance and it pushes the less radical democrats away.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
I wonder if her face was wearing that same, "I just ate some sh!t" expression she was sporting throughout the SOTU. Maybe that's just the way her face looks.

Like Maxine Waters and her permanent expression of...whatever you think a window licker probably looks like.

Waters reminds me of a smug racist that thinks everyone owes her something and Pelosi reminds me what I would have thought about when old Biff hands young Biff the almanac from 2015 and tells him that someday a crazy, wild eyed scientist will come looking for it.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Konduit

I cant take the guy seriously. He comes across like a young George McFly.

You're right. Weeelll, you're right.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
In four inch heels. No bathroom breaks.
At 77. I can only hope for that kind of stamina seventeen years from now.

You can't tell me she doesn't wear a diaper.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: JBurns

Of course you didn't listen to her for 8 hours. No one did. And I suspect that, save for a few quotable bites, it was 8 hours of reading other peoples words and filling in with fluff and long pauses.

In other words: a publicity stunt.

But I agree: at her age, to be able to pull off such a stunt is pretty remarkable. I sit on my ass all day doing numbers work. Im well aware that 8 hours of standing would make my back scream in agony.

Unless you were amped up on pain meds. I'm sure it sounded like she was walking over dead leaves with every step, too, as she was probably wearing two heavy absorbent diapers.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: xuenchen

Oh my I just falling over myself to binge watch that. No embed!?!?!?

well here's part of it ....

😆

Doesn’t take a lifetime of research in rocket science while clinching a PhD to clearly see she doesn’t give a damn about immigrates.

Or our country. As long as she use it and spin it in her favor.

Sad there’s people who fall for it though.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

edit on 8-2-2018 by Imhere because: Double post

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I believe Fox reported it as 5 hours but they weren't using the liberal fluff factor when they reported. Whatever it may be it must have been excruciating for those who sat through it. Listening to an out of touch bimbo babbling incoherently for hours. a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I missed it! And I just watched "Mr. Smith Goes To Washington" where Jimmy Stewart filibusters. What's she trying to do, beat his record?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join