It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Myth of Hell

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I've already stated a few times in this thread... Hell doesn't exist...

its a means of conversion though fear...

Make up your own mind, just don't follow the teachings of the Catholic Church and assume it's true and the only theology out there, is all.

And i don't follow any church... especially christian flavored ones

I also don't believe Jesus taught about hell... personally i think said teachings were inserted into the text for the reason i've given above...

Follow the church because you only get one chance here, and they hold the keys to heaven and "hell"

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Well, hell exists and its listening to you Ak and your infantile understanding of christianity

You dont believe hell exists, tell people that christians do think it exists, tell people we christians believe its eternal, then when asked to explain what christians believe about hell and its eternal punishment belief and evidence to justify your beliefs about christians you have a little tantrum at me

I dont care what you believe, I didnt ask for your bio

I asked Ak if you could show me biblical evedence punishment for humanity in hell is eternal, still on the table, still asking
Leave your little tattys at the door

Jesus holds the keys, not the church, no one I know said the church did, except you and I wont ask for evidence from you, its pointless

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Well, hell exists and its listening to you Ak and your infantile understanding of christianity

Sure it is...

Infantile though? coming from you?

Really?

You dont believe hell exists, tell people that christians do think it exists, tell people we christians believe its eternal, then when asked to explain what christians believe about hell and its eternal punishment belief and evidence to justify your beliefs about christians you have a little tantrum at me

Yet another in the long list of words you clearly don't understand... where did you see a tantrum?

I dont care what you believe, I didnt ask for your bio

I asked Ak if you could show me biblical evedence punishment for humanity in hell is eternal, still on the table, still asking
Leave your little tattys at the door

Why would i attempt to justify something that doesn't exist through scripture?

let alone show that said non existent place is eternal?

Jesus holds the keys, not the church, no one I know said the church did, except you and I wont ask for evidence from you, its pointless

and as usual you missed the point of the statement i made

Though its true... its pointless explaining it to you

You rarely understand anything from what i've seen

in any case... try Mat 18 or 25

If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire.

theres quite a few that say "eternal fire" and punishment

read the book man... Gesus

edit on 7-3-2018 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

No you read it clever boy
The fire is eternal, it doesn't say the punishment is
Sheesh, comprehension buddy

Don't comment on Christian beliefs if you don't understand them

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

LOL...

ok... But it doesn't say its not eternal either

donkey..

Either way... We're talking about something that doesn't exist

so who cares

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

No you read it clever boy
The fire is eternal, it doesn't say the punishment is
Sheesh, comprehension buddy

Don't comment on Christian beliefs if you don't understand them

There are something like 1000 different interpretations of Christianity! There is no set way to interpret it, every sect is a bit different. Let me guess, you are the only sect that counts as "true" Christians. LOL!

edit on 3 7 18 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Ok so he'll is eternal, I was asking about the punishment for humanity in hell I am Not denying hell is eternal, I am asking if the punishment for humanity is eternal The destruction is eternal, destruction, destroyed forever, no more Where is hell eternal punishment for humanity in the bible?

Firstly let’s not mix Sheol and Hell. Sheol is strictly a Hebrew philosophical location of postmortem afterlife in the bowels of this earth. It was first introduced to the Hebrews in or about the twelfth century B.C.E.. It developed very slowly and in stages of time from the practice of the Canaanite postmortem practice of feeding their dead and ancestral worship.

Actually Sheol fully blossomed as the Hebrews became a monotheistic nation in the Sinai convention about the time 1313 B.C.E.. At its birth it was a collective philosophy of postmortem afterlife and simply an abode of the spirits of the souls which had perished in consciousness.

Abram/Abraham had no influence in the development of Sheol and did continue his practice of his philosophy of feeding and communing with afterlife ancestors. So in effect, Sheol was taught as simply an abode of the dead. The philosophy of punishments or escape was not central to this new nation under Moses. Neither was the idea of separation of good from evil central to this new philosophy.

This continued till about the eighth century B.C.E. when Assyria vanquished the Northern tribes and several hundred years later the Babylonians did the same to Judah. This introduced a vast postmortem philosophy of punishment to the enemies of the Hebrews. A punishment in afterlife philosophy in the realm of Sheol was formed in the minds of the Hebrews and then blossomed into a new extended postmortem philosophy of afterlife.

As you can see, the postmortem philosophy of Sheol took a gradual [about seven hundred years] change from being born to now a realm of afterlife punishment. In the late fourth century the prophet Jeremiah came upon the scene preaching that collective Sheol was no longer the postmortem truth. Sheol has now become an individual responsibility in postmortem philosophy. Everyone will die for their own sins Jeremiah shouted to the world [ Jeremiah 31:29-31]. The collective nationalist protection has now been lifted from men’s minds and Sheol has now become a realm of individual punishment and or rewards. A realm of torment or a realm of bliss called paradise.

Nearly four hundred passed and a man named Jesus came with His own philosophy. Indeed there was an abode called Sheol and in that abode were separated spirits and within one of those chambers of bliss was the progenitor Abraham and in his bosom were those sanctified spirits of not only his era but of all time [Luke 16:19-31]. We can see by the gospel of Luke how Sheol now became known as hell for both are the same realm but understood in confusion.

You asked “Where is hell eternal punishment for humanity in the bible?" It is not an eternal abode nor a realm of eternal punishment according to the author of Revelation. Sheol/Hell is a terrestrial realm of this terrestrial earth. As this world is destroyed so is the realm of Sheol/Hell.

Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Understand that Revelation tells us that death and hell are annihilated. Some do not understand what this means but when we understand that this universe will one day become vaporized we shall then understand that along with the destruction of this world will also be the end of mankind and naturally the end of death as well as the realm of Sheol/Hell. As Sheol/Hell [which is actually this earth] is cast into the celestial fire, so is all that is in Sheol/Hell cast into utter destruction.

It is contested by some that those who are imprisoned in Sheol/Hell may have an escape [such as the Jews and Catholics teach] or some may insist that they face annihilation and cease to have consciousness [such as the author of Revelation teaches]. Therein lays the confliction of postmortem philosophy. Biblical philosophy insists that the unjustified will be annihilated while some Roman denominations will insist upon a purgation of the spirits. This conflict is church vs bible and is left to your choice.

Before one makes the final decision, it may be worthwhile to consider whether the escape from Sheol/Hell is correct or simply church doctrine. One can become confused as they try to unify their church doctrine with biblical doctrine. In many avenues of postmortem afterlife there is a vast difference of afterlife philosophy. lol

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Really, OMG

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Donkey?
Name calling me because you don't have a clue what you are talking about
Then
It doesn't say the punishment of hell isn't eternal?

Is that your excuse, is that your defense, it doesn't say it's not eternal so let's assume it is

Just make up what you want

Here endeth the lesson

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

I was unaware of the origins of Sheol it will need more investigation, not denying what you have stated
I am aware prior to the Greek influence many Jews believed in anhialation upon death, no afterlife, the Sadducees
The Greeks were the main influence of eternal life/ eternal suffering.
I havnt read eternal punishment after death anywhere in the bible outside of that for evil spirits
Satan has a special place set for his eternal punishment
To my understanding, humans are not eternal

anyway, sounds interesting, I will spend a little more time studying it

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Her name was Jezebel

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Here endeth the lesson

lol dude you couldn't teach a five year old anything

homeschooling doesn't pay off in the end

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Who wants to book a ticket to Gehenna? - Frequent flyer points?

christianityoriginal.com...

2) We studied Sheol/Hades earlier. Which other word is translated as hell in the New Testament? It’s Gehenna. It's translated as hell 12 times. If Gehenna denotes hell, we can actually book a flight and go to hell! Intrigued? Yes, it’s a real place in Israel. That’s why translations like YLT render it as Gehenna instead of hell. When Jesus says ‘the fire in Gehenna’, it’s like a New Yorker saying ‘the water in Brooklyn’.

3) Where exactly is Gehenna? The Valley of Hinnom, named Gehenna in Greek, lies just outside the city of Jerusalem. During Jesus’ time, it was the city’s garbage burner. Its fires were kept continually burning (everlasting fire) to fully consume all things dumped there. Brimstone used to be added to fuel the incineration. It ensured total destruction.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Correct! Their garbage dump was a sulphur deposit, burn baby burn!

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Thirty6BelowZero

Whist we're flying and seeing all this cool stuff - what will be propelling us? What food will we consume for energy...where will all the poop go? To hell?

Angels were offered sex with Lots daughters. Do we get to fly back to Earth and have the same fun as those angels?

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Here endeth the lesson

lol dude you couldn't teach a five year old anything

homeschooling doesn't pay off in the end

Bu but but
Hell is eternal, duh, according to what you think christians think

Ak, how can you be so foolish

How can you tell people what christians think when you admit you are not a christian

Thats just so dumb

Maybe you should have been homeschooled, because whatever schooling you got, taught you nothing, not even manners

Cant teach a five year old anything, that must make you a 4 year old
Kaching
edit on 7-3-2018 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

No... Again, hell doesn't exist

Its a myth... Nothing but a fear tactic used to convert people

And i know many christians think that because i've heard it from them all of my life... As have many others on this forum and all over the world... Except you apparently

It doesn't matter if im christian... Im not jewish, or hundu... Im not a buddhist, or a gnostic even though you like to tell me i am (another one of those words you use, yet don't actually understand) yet i have studied all of said religions extensively over the years...

Fact is it doesn't matter if the bible says hell is eternal for humanity... Christians threaten people with the idea on the regular.... Its called dogma... And christians believe all sorts of it

Now manners on the other hand, i have plenty of... But you chase me from thread to thread mocking me all the time... And 90% of those times you end up making a fool of yourself

Which is why i called you a donkey

You call me a gnostic without understanding anything about gnosticism... You tell actual scientists that they hate science when you don't know anything about the word... Let alone any of the fields of science

You have some good replies... I'll admit

But most of them amount to this

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Ursushorribilis

If anything, modern Christianity isn't telling the truth and many modern Christians aren't getting it and it will be a tragic day.

He is who He is, and the truth is all right there plain to be seen if you have the eyes to look at it. He cannot abide sin, and we all sin. Not one of us is perfect, and all need to be reborn in His eyes.
edit on 7-3-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

That picture should say Ak the donkey

I dont care what you believe Ak, its your choice.
I dont care what you are either
You know only what you assume, no more

You stated that christians believe hell is eternal torture for humans and that is not true as I can find in the New Testament
Stop being pig headed ignorant and accept you dont know everything, you dont know this

Now as for you, I dont care what you are, I know you are not a christian so leave the preaching your ignorant versions of christianity out of the forums.
At the very least say " I think/assume " because you dont know...

Eternal torture and hellfire is strictly NT.... Judaism does not believe in such things

This verbal crap about Eternal torture and hellfire is strictly NT was your statement and I asked you to back it up, posting a picture of a donkey was your best defense of your ludicrous statement
As usual for you Ak, when you make a statement thats stupid, you have a little tanty

End it Ak, back up your statement "Eternal torture and hellfire is strictly NT" biblically
Explain what you said

Eternal torture and hellfire is strictly NT.... Judaism does not believe in such things

You said it, you told everyone the NT states what you said

I just standing here asking for proof

A picture of a donkey is not proof

Well go on...
edit on 7-3-2018 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ursushorribilis
Modern day Christianity preaches of Eternal Hellfire. In my opinion this concept of Hell was created to scare and convert people of different beliefs.

Logically it just doesn't make sense.

1. The punishment doesn't fit the crime.
30 years of adultery, or whatever your vice is, doesn't equate to eternal Hellfire.

2. It's anti-christian. Christianity preaches love and forgiveness. Hellfire is in direct conflict with the entire message of Christianity.

What do you think?

Well, I think you are thinking of this wrong. People do not go to Hell because of adultery, or murder, or for lying and stealing, or for any other sin. People will go to Hell because they did not accept Jesus Christ, whom God sent to die on the cross instead of us. All we have to do is accept Jesus Christ into our hearts and lives and we will not go to Hell. If one does not believe in God at all...should they go to a heaven they do not believe in?

Also, God did not create hell for people. He created for Satan and the fallen angels who rebelled. Somewhere in the course of time it was apparent that humankind could not live without sinning (during the Law period) and sesnt His only Son Jesus to pay the price for us, so all we have to do is accept Jesus, that He was who He said He was, that He died on the cross, that He rose again and that He is coming back again.
edit on 7-3-2018 by TruthJava because: typo

edit on 7-3-2018 by TruthJava because: added info

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join