It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radioactive prehistoric gravesite of elongated skull people in my back yard.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

He was left lying on a beach towel when he was a baby and a dune-buggy ran over his head. 

Is it wrong that I laughed out loud?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

This is worse than the Mars threads.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: apdjbs1
Thanks for your patience...

Radon radiation is detected by a different device than a Geiger Counter. The Geiger counter that I have does not detect Radon nor Alpha emitters but my Radon detector (in picture) does. These are commonly used for detection of radon in residences (4.0 is alarm level for house) but I used it on a selection of stones and received 7.0 when checking it this morning. It doesn't immediately alarm, it takes a while for readings, and I'm not betting on it's accuracy anyway - hence the disclaimers in first post.

My pictures are from my scratched up phone... and, well I guess it's better than a water mark for authenticity.

Sorry I had to reduce the pictures by 75% (after already converting them from jpeg to png) in effort to get them to upload. I clicked the help button and, wait, no help button - so did the best I could. Seems that the site now has it where I can only upload one picture at a time (wasn't always this way) but I still waited through uploading a few pics.

[snip]

Arken ?

You are needed ...

Mod Note: Please refrain from quoting entire posts that are long.

edit on 2/8/2018 by eriktheawful because: Snipped excessive quote

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: apdjbs1

I'm completely lost here. Weren't these supposed to be pictures of skulls?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Looks like some stratigraphic rocks, maybe a piece of pottery, and what's probably a piece of tile or pipework.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Aren't the elongated skull people really just kids from very narrow birth canals?

Sort of like a Play Doh fuzzy pumper barber shop?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Well we found rocksteadies body finally.

Piece him back together. You may end up with your own Shale. (Dragon age)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   

female? of course their alien, having redhair and irish ancestry just reinforces it

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Radon, on its own, means nothing much. Radon is all over the place, especially where there is granite under the soil. That is precisely why people decided to put household radon detectors on the market.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: suicideeddie

female? of course their alien, having redhair and irish ancestry just reinforces it

God damn Irish.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Generation9

Thats what I been saying. C section babies have marble heads.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Here is a museum collection as compared to the "chunkey game" pieces I found:

A few of the other stones were well over a hundred pounds, with at least 2 that were beyond my ability to pick up or barely could roll them onto side.
The pictures are actually a terrible representation. You simply can't see the weight nor size and they are extremely dirty. I can see that a couple of these have a very white marble-like appearance to them and some have shiny flakes that are gold in appearance that shines brightly in the sun. I could line them all up and get them cleaned and in the correct position and I think it would become a bit clearer to those that can't see it now.

I know many of these have been carved, but what I meant to express earlier was that I didn't know if the rocks that I found underneath the -what I'm going to call it the head effigy- were meaningful. As for most of the other stones I understand the meaning. Just the ones under the head effigy they could have just been support or to stop scavenging animals or could have been a mosaic of a bigger picture, I don't know so I didn't put them in the pics.

Anyhow maybe I'll add to this later.

This very heavy one needs to be rotated to the left, and I didn't know that at the time when taking pic:

Keep in mind that truly ancient stones aren't carved as nicely as more modern ones, and I'm guessing part of them might have been meant to be sunk in the ground for stabilization. The fact of being toppled over and irregular at the bottom would surely thwart the passerby from interpretation of what it once was. Indeed, I point them out and some of you still didnt see it. To be fair though, you can't determine so much detail from these pics as you can when walking around them in the sunlight. Taken as a whole - with the matching game pieces, location of stones on a hill near start of water source (spring), location of very ancient tribes were once in area, location of multiple ancient fish weirs in nearby creek...Stones being of a certain shape, a certain weight, a certain marble or granite.

As for the radon reading of 7.0, well I'm just glad it's not in my house. Maybe the whole area is irradiated. Great now I have to buy another type of detector.

edit on 8-2-2018 by apdjbs1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: seasonal

Maybe Bernard is back.

I really really hope so. Bernard was very entertaining.

ETA:

Can't be, has actual pictures (although not of any skulls).
edit on 8-2-2018 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Get a room.

I'm not judging.
But seriously. Get a room.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Alright for a room, but thanks for your concern.

Not alright for seeing skulls though - really don't see them (sorry).

You may be on to something with the "game pieces" but i don't really see much similarity there either.

The radiation is far more interesting. Where do you live? Some areas have very high natural radiation but if you are not in one of those areas then it is certainly more interesting.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Not far from the Etowah Indian mounds. And yes, by the way, they had elongated skulls.

Only the one stone resembled an elongated head, but that was my opinion and its fine to disagree because I could easily be wrong in that aspect of it. Given that there are other stones carved looking like animals etc I tend to see in it what I feel they might have intended.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

A radon detector is good for: detecting radon.....which can be found in the ground and all over the world. It's main use is to detect concentrations of radon in sub floor rooms.....not to detect radiation in rocks.

The rocks you are showing are not fossils. They are rocks. Your pictures are showing quartz, granite and basaltic rocks, none of which are fossils formed from. You don't have to be a geologist to identify the rocks you have pictured as even the most amateur rock hunter can obviously see those rocks are NOT calcium carbonates....which is what fossils are made of.

Is it possible that your small shaped pieces are fossils? No, but they may indeed be very old native American tools or game pieces, which can be found all over the US.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Here is a museum collection as compared to the "chunkey game" pieces I found:

They're not very similar. The rock you're holding has not been modified (smoothed, shaped) as is clear from its surface.

I can see that a couple of these have a very white marble-like appearance to them and some have shiny flakes that are gold in appearance that shines brightly in the sun.

That's actually just boulder quartzite (cryptocrystaline quartz) - not terribly unusual. Georgia has a lot of quartz. The "gold" is actually pyrite flakes and it's known as Fool's Gold. It's one of those minerals that everyone loves and looks great when it's in combination with quartzite.

I know many of these have been carved,

They appear to have breaks done when your house was constructed.

but what I meant to express earlier was that I didn't know if the rocks that I found underneath the -what I'm going to call it the head effigy- were meaningful.

There's no evidence of carving. Here's a picture of a carved stone bowl from these same people

More examples (from Cahokia)

From Tennessee (same culture), a pot of three heads

In other words, if they had been carving heads, the rock sculpture would have been very life-like and even a child could say what it was.

Radon is a natural product and yes, it's everywhere - just as some level of radioactivity is present in every place on Earth (simply because of how Earth formed.) It's of concern only when it's inside a house. Publications from the State of Georgia mention that low levels of it are in the natural environment in Georgia.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AdKiller

My opinion, one that I'd bet highly on, is that over the span of time humans mated with animals and eventually EVENTUALLY (after millions of such encounters) an offspring was born which could crossbreed back with it's parent and ultimately create a new subspecies.

This offspring would be either condemned to death as a spawn of the devil or worshipped as a god.

I imagine at some point in time (probably mainly the ancient Roman Cat Holics) would have encouraged the mating of humans with animals and attempting to help the species to thrive by placing the offspring in remote areas in the world. Having such a human would surely establish the Romans as gods and they could conquer lands through religion. Some cultures would go so far as to deform their children's heads to mimic the hybrids, or perhaps were encouraged to do so as an experiment in ancient science thinking it might get passed down to the next offspring.

It probably wasn't too difficult to get people mating with animals if you are in ancient times and can just dump half a million male prisoners somewhere with nothing but a bunch of pigs, capybara, kangaroo, or cattle to keep them warm at night.

Perhaps the subspecies died off due to it having to be ripped out of its mothers body.

Not sure why the big secret about the true DNA, but at least we got a little further this week.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Not far from the Etowah Indian mounds. And yes, by the way, they had elongated skulls.

What's your source for this statement? I'm not seeing any evidence of this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join