It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So... I officially don't have asthma anymore

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

No, I haven't, but it seems to be that my asthma, when it's around, is more activity-induced than allergen. I live in KY, so I'm prone to strong storms and wet conditions and moldy and musty buildings--none of those really seem to affect me. It's only when I get physically active again when it starts causing issues, and that happens both indoors and out.

I may ask my doctor about it at my next check-up, though, just to see what he thinks.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Intrptr, values aren’t the exclusive reason why I have a drive to join my armed forces. And to note, Canada doesn’t “invade countries”.

Canada is a member of NATO, yes you do "invade countries".

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Intrptr, values aren’t the exclusive reason why I have a drive to join my armed forces. And to note, Canada doesn’t “invade countries”.

Canada is a member of NATO, yes you do "invade countries".

Bring it up in a thread that’s relevant to that topic and I’ll respond

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Speaking of relevancy, do you personally think your asthma symptoms have gone away? You can pass a physical, for the army?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Speaking of relevancy, do you personally think your asthma symptoms have gone away? You can pass a physical, for the army?

Yes; I haven’t required an inhaler for years now, despite being around things and doing things that I would have had a reaction to previously.

I’m very confident I can pass the physical tests, and hopefully in a few months I’ll get the chance to prove it

At the moment I’m focusing on my aptitude test and still maintaining my normal workout routines. Upon completion of that I’m going to try to replicate the activities they do in the physical (primarily functional activities) both in this application test and in the BMQ training, and in the occupational training PT that I can expect to see - assuming I pass the medical.

The Canadian forces has a recommended minimum goal for various exercises, and I currently exceed all of them, so I’ve took the liberty of looking up the Special Ops minimum requirements to push myself further

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

The Canadian forces has a recommended minimum goal for various exercises, and I currently exceed all of them, so I’ve took the liberty of looking up the Special Ops minimum requirements to push myself further

Take it a step at time. Clear the first hurdle, boot camp, first. See how you feel.

Its a huge hurdle just to be accepted.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Take it a step at time. Clear the first hurdle, boot camp, first. See how you feel.

Its a huge hurdle just to be accepted.

Definitely; it's going to be a difficult year

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
My granddaughter was diagnosed with Asthma. She had all the breathing accessories. She was eating lots of pickles, the ones my daughter buys have alum in them, the aluminum in that and in the tube rolls and buiscuits my daughter was buying was enough to make the asthma a problem. Since she quit eating pickles with alum in them and avoids the aluminum based baking powder, she has very little asthma attacks. She still has the ragweed allergy which is also set of by chicory, but no major events. She used to eat a lot of pickles, her mother thought that the ones with alum in them were better. Since she quit buying those, all her kids are less sick, the alum containing foods were causing all the kids to overreact to viruses and microbes.

Maybe you eliminated some aluminum containing foods from your diet OP. Try to think about this. Aluminum is a neuroexitant, it triggers the immune system and can cause overreactions to occur.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join