It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hot bath beats cycling for lowering blood sugar levels for Type 2 Diabetes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This is an older article, but I don't know if it ever got posted up here. I have Raynaud's Syndrome in addition to my Type 2 Diabetes that showed up about 10 years ago. My body temperature fluctuates from the Raynaud's and I'd bet this could help. I've suspected that my Raynaud's is affecting my Diabetes for a while, and this could almost confirm it.

A hot bath could be better than cycling at lowering blood sugar levels for type 2 diabetics, a study suggests.

Dr Steve Faulkner of Loughborough University investigated whether there were any alternatives to exercise which could assist people in maintaining the condition.

He found that a soak in the tub reduces peak blood sugar levels by 10 per cent more than an hour cycling, and increases energy expenditure levels by 80 per cent burning 126 calories per hour.

Hot bath beats cycling for lowering blood sugar levels for Type 2 Diabetes

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

Sprinkle in some bubble bath crystals and bath salts to really set that thing off. You can even order dead sea salts and float in there like the baby Jesus.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Sprinkle in some bubble bath crystals and bath salts to really set that thing off. You can even order dead sea salts and float in there like the baby Jesus.

No, I think that was Moses.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I would suggest to everyone to read a perfect book to solve such problems called 7 Steps to health an Big Diabetes Lie

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I posted this a while back and have had a chance to think it through:

Dear Doctors,

If your patient’s body temperature is less than 98.6 degrees (37 C), and your patient’s symptoms respond to a hot bath and you can’t put 2 and 2 together and realize that those two things are connected and you should have been treating your patient’s Body Heat Regulation problem a long time ago, then you should really rip up your Medical License.

Congratulations on helping to f&%k over millions of peoples lives by ignoring the obvious and reinventing the wheel.

new topics

top topics

join