It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denmark poised to ban Islamic full-face veils

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: Christosterone

I've spoken to women in Niqabs, they're usually pretty cool. I think the Danish government in this case are deflecting the problems with integration onto the women. It's not the women causing the problems...

I doubt that very much, unless you are a woman yourself. If a non-muslim man talks to a muslim woman, then he will be attacked by her entire family.
edit on 7-2-2018 by pompel9 because: grammar

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Lol good one

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: pompel9
Hahahah....I must be a beat up zombie, then!

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Could be a good call. Aside from religion what if a terrorist puts on a burka and sneaks in with a bomb somewhere...in Denmark.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
How about banning illegal migrants Denmark ! Oh no ... that's right! That's what the monarchy has promised to Danish oligarchs. They need the migrants to lower salaries and to decrease spending ... because they are an "efficient state" so ban veils instead. These goddamn veils, they float around by themselves in Copenhagen like ghosts, ready to strike their next terror victims, to get new police state laws approved ... Nice!

Luckily NATO will come and protect them from the evil veils and Burqas and so on !

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Islam is definitely NOT the religion of peace. It is the religion of suicide, homicide, pedophilia, and treating women like second class citizens, of backwards civilizations, of war, of torture.

I'm all for this ban.

It's hard to like, feel bad for or anything for a religion that teaches you to blow yourself up when you disagree with someone. That's not right thinking. That's evil.
edit on 1-10-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Islam is definitely NOT the religion of peace. It is the religion of suicide, homicide, pedophilia, and treating women like second class citizens, of backwards civilizations, of war, of torture.

I'm all for this ban.

I agree with ban, but your above statement could also apply equally to Christianity.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I'm all for this ban.

I agree with ban, but your above statement could also apply equally to Christianity.

It could, and Judaism as well. But remember that Islam is the newest of the three Abrahamic religions. Christianity and Judaism have already gone through their "violent" stages and mellowed out. Islam is still in theirs.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Perhaps in the western world, however there are still barbaric acts being done in the name of Christ I'm not sure mellowed out is the right description, not to mention the sex crimes still prevelant within the clergy, in only recent weeks have they passed new laws that priests have to report confessions to the authorities that involve sex crimes with minors, it's a start at least.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Perhaps in the western world, however there are still barbaric acts being done in the name of Christ I'm not sure mellowed out is the right description, not to mention the sex crimes still prevelant within the clergy, in only recent weeks have they passed new laws that priests have to report confessions to the authorities that involve sex crimes with minors, it's a start at least.

Still Christians and Jews aren't going on Crusades or having inquisitions any more or torturing the innocent or blowing themselves up because they disagree with you. Christians and Jews let women drive too and vote and they don't have to hide behind veils because the men are so backwards that they can't control themselves.

Overall...this is. You'll always have some things going on., but it's not at the level of Muslims. every day they're marrying children, whipping women, blowing themselves up because they can't handle differing views, killing innocent bystanders and children etc.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Yeah no doubt a higher percentage of Muslim are still living with medieval standards, personally I just don't like our man made religions in not a follower of them.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   
How about banning illegal immigrants and the flourishing Italian mafia. Oh not, that's what Denmark Economy is all about.
How would their king and queen explain that the whole economy is built on such stuff ?

Banning veil after turning into "Danistan" ? Does it make sense ?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Still Christians and Jews aren't going on Crusades or having inquisitions

"We will bring democracy to you, and we'll bomb you to the stoneage to do it! This is a crusade!"

any more or torturing the innocent

"It's not called torture, it's called enhanced 'interrogation techniques'!"

or blowing themselves up because they disagree with you.

Is blowing yourself up because someone disagreed with you better or worse than sending a drone to blow you up?

This topic is quite funny. "They're treating women like second-class citizens! We won't allow it. WE want to treat women like second-class citizens by dictating what they are or aren't allowed to wear (veils)!"

Imagine that. A modern, first world country, actually contemplating banning an item of clothing someone can choose to wear of their own free will. Not banning husbands from forcing their wives to wear veils (which might be useful), but banning the veil itself.

Someone yell "Freeeeeeeedom!" with me?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: babloyi

Still Christians and Jews aren't going on Crusades or having inquisitions

"We will bring democracy to you, and we'll bomb you to the stoneage to do it! This is a crusade!"

any more or torturing the innocent

"It's not called torture, it's called enhanced 'interrogation techniques'!"

or blowing themselves up because they disagree with you.

Is blowing yourself up because someone disagreed with you better or worse than sending a drone to blow you up?

This topic is quite funny. "They're treating women like second-class citizens! We won't allow it. WE want to treat women like second-class citizens by dictating what they are or aren't allowed to wear (veils)!"

Imagine that. A modern, first world country, actually contemplating banning an item of clothing someone can choose to wear of their own free will. Not banning husbands from forcing their wives to wear veils (which might be useful), but banning the veil itself.

Someone yell "Freeeeeeeedom!" with me?

So you don't see a difference between Islam, Judaism and Christianity? Remember that Judaism is the oldest religion and arguably the most peaceful, Christianity just recently became more peaceful, Islam is still trying to get out of it's violence stage. The big difference is that When Judaism and Christianity were going through their violent stages they had swords and spears...the muslims have bombs and machine guns and we see the carnage instantly on the news and on social media.

But I totally agree with you that sending drones to blow up innocent children is horrible. But we're not talking about American Drones. We're talking about a violent religion that in many places including our allies Saudi Arabia wont' let women drive and advocates hitting them with sticks when they misbehave.

Banning the Veil get's at the heart of the problem...at the heart of the religion.
edit on 23-10-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Is Judaism the most peaceful of the three? Only in terms of having the smallest population. But I'd argue that in terms of violence in ratio to the population, Judaism is just as bad. Just take a look at their treatment of the Palestinians.

"Christianity recently became more peaceful" also sounds really hollow when the biggest, most well-funded and active militaries in the world has a significant Christian component, and its work has even been likened to a "Crusade" by their president before last, and the current one thinks he's at war with Islam.

But even if you don't want to consider the US, you still have Christianity in places like Africa, where women are still oppressed, homsexuals killed, etc.

PS: In case you missed the news, women can drive in Saudia for a while now, and as for hitting people with sticks, I'm not sure if that's better or worse than 40 year incarcerations for minor drug offenses.

The veil ban is just a meaningless tactic to appease to the xenophobia in people to drum up fear (and votes).

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: babloyi
Is Judaism the most peaceful of the three? Only in terms of having the smallest population. But I'd argue that in terms of violence in ratio to the population, Judaism is just as bad. Just take a look at their treatment of the Palestinians.

"Christianity recently became more peaceful" also sounds really hollow when the biggest, most well-funded and active militaries in the world has a significant Christian component, and its work has even been likened to a "Crusade" by their president before last, and the current one thinks he's at war with Islam.

But even if you don't want to consider the US, you still have Christianity in places like Africa, where women are still oppressed, homsexuals killed, etc.

PS: In case you missed the news, women can drive in Saudia for a while now, and as for hitting people with sticks, I'm not sure if that's better or worse than 40 year incarcerations for minor drug offenses.

The veil ban is just a meaningless tactic to appease to the xenophobia in people to drum up fear (and votes).

A couple of things to consider. The Israeli government is corrupt but the Jewish people, themselves are not violent. Some with the US government. What the US governement does is not driven by Christianity.

I understand that if you look for violence by Jews and Christians, you will find it. But when is the last time a Jew or a Christian Hijacked and airplane or blew themselves up in a marketplace etc. Islam is the most violent religion, their followers are violent.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

A couple of things to consider. The Israeli government is corrupt but the Jewish people, themselves are not violent.

Your logic does not follow. The jewish people are not violent, but the muslim people are? It isn't just the Israeli government that is corrupt (or violent), there are people who use their jewishness as a platform to espouse violence. Same with the US government. Also, "What the US governement does is not driven by Christianity"- debateable
. Certainly, it may not be driven by Christian VALUES, but they certainly do talk a lot about Christianity. Again, you could say the same about governments in muslim majority countries.

I understand that if you look for violence by Jews and Christians, you will find it. But when is the last time a Jew or a Christian Hijacked and airplane or blew themselves up in a marketplace etc. Islam is the most violent religion, their followers are violent.
If you're going to look for very specific and exact examples of violence ("When is the last time a Jew or a Christian used their right hand to wield a sword against people and their left hand to hold a bereta while balancing a grenade on their toes?!" etc.), it isn't really a meaningful measure of violence. I could ask, when was the last time a muslim dropped a nuclear bomb on another country?
But since you ask, a very cursory investigation of the last few years reveals the following people who overtly used their religion (Christiantiy and Judaism) to spread violence in some form:
Mark Anthony Conditt
Robert L. Dear
Marckles Alcius
Yishai Schlissel
Bat Ayin
Anti-Balaka groups in CAR
The Lord's Resistance Army

edit on 24-10-2018 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: babloyi

So If we take this discussion down to the basics. I think Islam is a more violent and oppressive religion than Judaism and Christianity and I think you do not. You seem to find all three about the same.

I think that banning the Burka isn't about restricting women's choice of wear, but about getting at the heart of Islamic oppression. You do not.

There will be anomalies no matter what we look at...exceptions to every rule. Like if I say almost every single terrorist bomb was set off by a muslim, you could say Timothy McViegh, but that's still an anomaly.

And although we have some oppression here in the Us, it's nothing like in Saudi Arabia or Iran, or Iraq or Afghanistan.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Certainly, while it is hard to quantify such a thing, I wouldn't be against someone saying that Saudi Arabia or Iran or Iraq or Afghanistan are more oppressive than the US.

But again, why are we comparing recently (less than 100 years) decolonised, poor (aside from Saudi Arabia, but the wealth there is only with one influential and hardliner) family, war-torn countries with the US?

Contrast them to similar Christian countries in Africa, or even some places in South America for a more meaningful comparison.
edit on 25-10-2018 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Islami veil ban ? Too little too late for little Nazi dominion of Denmark, starting from their Nazi govt and royals, busy every day in the development of new drug trafficking and drug money laundering schemes, to make sure there's always a buyer for their Afghanistan poppy fields...

Let's not forget about the "migrant's island" where they say they want to send migrants. Just some bull# for their Nazi media who are completely unaware that the migrant issue is created by the govt. itseld.

BTW : Who did sign that Global Compact yesterday ...
After the great success of the 2009 Climate agreement in Copenhagen I would suspect this was also a massive success !

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join