It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denmark poised to ban Islamic full-face veils

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

The Danish government is poised to become the next European country to introduce a ban on Islamic full-face coverings in public places.

The government said it planned to fine people who wore items including the burqa and the niqab which are worn by some Muslim women.

“It is incompatible with the values of the Danish society or the respect for the community to keep the face hidden when meeting each other in the public space,” Justice Minister Justice Soren Pape Poulsen said.

“With a ban, we draw a line in the sand and establish that here in Denmark we show each other trust and respect by meeting each other face to face,” he said.

First things first...
I want to address the collateral damage this ban causes to a beloved community: ninjas

With that out of the way, what say you, ATS?
ATS is, afterall, the home of “Islam is the religion of peace” and “the earth is flat” narratives...
Two theories I believe to have the exact same believability...

Anyhow, take off your funny uniforms ninjas and cultists...
This is the West...

Put on a mini skirt and listen to some good music...

PS: please tell your male relatives that rape is against the law

-Chris
edit on 7-2-2018 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Could I still walk around In my spiderman outfit?.
I understand banning it in certain work places or situations but on people's own time shouldn't anyone be free to wear what they want?.
I was also under the impression that it is more cultural than religious bug I may be wrong.
I don't like them but if it is their choice and no one is forcing them.

How do you feel on banning people wearing a cross at work btw?.
edit on 7-2-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Hello from Denmark..

The latest news in the matter is that its not gong to happen anyway as it looks now.
There are a group of danish politicians that are not going to vote for the new law.

www.b.dk...

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Could I still walk around In my spiderman outfit?.
I understand banning it in certain work places or situations but on people's own time shouldn't anyone be free to wear what they want?.
I was also under the impression that it is more cultural than religious bug I may be wrong.
I don't like them but if it is their choice and no one is forcing them.

How do you feel on banning people wearing a cross at work btw?.

I don’t know...
I’m not danish
I’m a donut..

-Chris

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

You are right about one thing though this is the west and If I want to walk about as a Spiderman wearing knight in shining armour donning monkey suit onsy tight wearing nut job I can and no government is going to tell me what I can wear or not! as long as me goolies are not hanging out it doesn't matter.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

You are right about one thing though this is the west and If I want to walk about as a Spiderman wearing knight in shining armour donning monkey suit onsy tight wearing nut job I can and no government is going to tell me what I can wear or not! as long as me goolies are not hanging out it doesn't matter.

That is your right...
But if a cop asks you to remove the face mask, u can’t say “Stan Lee requires you wear it all times”...
You simply say “ok, I will take off the mask”

-Chris

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Good for Denmark.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Why do I have to take it off? for what legal reason has he to ask have I committed a crime?.
Ever thought they want everyones face uncovered so they can track everyone?.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

As a Dane myself, i think this is ridicolous. How can we say that we are a free society, if there is so many laws telling us what we cant do? We have had absolutely NO problems at all, with people wearing burqa or niqab, so iam not sure what this law should accomplish? Other than spread more hate and division between people.

We have problems with refuges and immigrants, joining gangs and not being intergrated properly into our society. But they do absolutely NOTHING about that, they deport immigrants, studying with straight A´s and with a real commitment to our society, but gangster families with NO respect for our society and with ongoing criminal behavior, we cant deport because of human rigths... we danes are apparently not humans, and have no rights...

This law is nothing more than an attempt to please the people and get some more votes at the next election
Our goverment, just like everybody else´s goverment, sucks big time!

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMNOTYOU

We have problems with refuges and immigrants, joining gangs and not being intergrated properly into our society. But they do absolutely NOTHING about that, they deport immigrants, studying with straight A´s and with a real commitment to our society, but gangster families with NO respect for our society and with ongoing criminal behavior, we cant deport because of human rigths... we danes are apparently not humans, and have no rights... 

Well that sums up the globalist plans in one paragraph.

Am I the only one enraged by what I've just read?

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMNOTYOU

As a Dane myself, i think this is ridicolous. How can we say that we are a free society, if there is so many laws telling us what we cant do? We have had absolutely NO problems at all, with people wearing burqa or niqab, so iam not sure what this law should accomplish? Other than spread more hate and division between people.

This law is nothing more than an attempt to please the people and get some more votes at the next election

It breaks my heart how Europe’s High West was once populated with men like Charles Martel…
Now y’all are a bunch of liberals who would rather see yourselves subjugated to cultists who worship a pedophile who heard voices from a magic man in the sky than defend their high society of the west…

-Chris

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

It breaks my heart how Europe’s High West was once populated with men like Charles Martel…
Now y’all are a bunch of liberals who would rather see yourselves subjugated to cultists who worship a pedophile who heard voices from a magic man in the sky than defend their high society of the west…

-Chris

No we're not. Don't believe the media bullsh!t. In time we will prove you wrong.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

-Chris

No we're not. Don't believe the media bullsh!t. In time we will prove you wrong.

Please do.
Nothing would make me happier than to see the high West assert itself over a bunch of cultists...

I am an American...a child of European imperialism...
My allegiance will always be towards any light of the West...

-Chris

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Wear a bikini outdoors in a predominantly Islamic country.

Denmark has it's culture and it should be respected to those that visit it.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Should we ban all public showings of religious stuff or just the ones you do not like?.
Are the Danes religious anyhow?.
Danes are you all religious?.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

What happened to freedom to choose what you want to wear?.
Should a government tell the people what is and is not allowed?.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

The Danish government is poised to become the next European country to introduce a ban on Islamic full-face coverings in public places.

The government said it planned to fine people who wore items including the burqa and the niqab which are worn by some Muslim women.

“It is incompatible with the values of the Danish society or the respect for the community to keep the face hidden when meeting each other in the public space,” Justice Minister Justice Soren Pape Poulsen said.

“With a ban, we draw a line in the sand and establish that here in Denmark we show each other trust and respect by meeting each other face to face,” he said.

First things first...
I want to address the collateral damage this ban causes to a beloved community: ninjas

With that out of the way, what say you, ATS?
ATS is, afterall, the home of “Islam is the religion of peace” and “the earth is flat” narratives...
Two theories I believe to have the exact same believability...

Anyhow, take off your funny uniforms ninjas and cultists...
This is the West...

Put on a mini skirt and listen to some good music...

PS: please tell your male relatives that rape is against the law

-Chris

If someone wants to walk around covered up, I really have no problem with it. However, I don't think society should have to bend over backwards to accommodate their dress.

For example, I'd require any headdress or face covering to be removed for ID purposes like on a driver's license or passport. Businesses should be able to ban them from entering with their face covered for safety reasons. I most certainly don't think any business should be compelled to hire someone either who dresses like that if it doesn't serve the businesses needs.

I see a lot of muslim women around wearing hijabs and burkas. Doesn't really bother me. I look at them kind of like how I look at Mennonites or the Amish.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

What happened to freedom to choose what you want to wear?.
Should a government tell the people what is and is not allowed?.

Absolutely not!

Which is why I don't live in Europe or in Islamic countries.

But like I got scolded when I was against child rape in the Middle East by members here. . . . it's their country, their rules.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I'm against it.

Regardless of my views of the burkha or niqab or whatever, people should be free to wear what they want, in general.

Though they shouldn't be afforded any special privileges. If I for example am asked to remove my motorbike helmet when entering a shop, someone wearing a veil should be expected to at least remove the veil when on the premises. Things like that. It still an item of clothing that obscures your identity and those wearing it should be prepared to be asked to remove it on occasion.
edit on -060010am2kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Should we ban all public showings of religious stuff or just the ones you do not like?.
Are the Danes religious anyhow?.
Danes are you all religious?.

No, we are not very religious at all - Scandinavia is properly one of the least religious places on earth, we believe in science and christianity is more like a tradition for most people, and not something they believe in. I dont think i know any (native danish) people who are believers in any religion, but off course some do still believe, but they are a minority in Denmark

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join