It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Falcon Heavy object, original footage.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
**Please read EDIT below prior to reviewing the thread, original body of text UNEDITED for posterity - this is for you intrpeter**

Good morning ATSers! Just wanted to share what I saw last night and what I woke up to this morning.

During the Falcon Heavy last night, around the 39:45 mark, if you keep your eyes located central/right of the picture, you'll notice a tumbling object above the astronaut dummy's head. I recorded it on my phone and sent it to my wife. This morning I woke up and it looks like the video has since then been edited to make the object appear "janky" and look perhaps like a camera artifact instead of an object tumbling through space.

I can't say what I think the object is because I have no clue but if it's nothing more than space debris, why edit the video?

Original video:

youtu.be...

What I recorded, apologies about video quality:

vimeo.com...

*******EDIT: the source video changed due to turning on my computer this morning and my default youtube resolution was set to 480p - if your resolution is at 1080p, there are no differences between the two videos, SUBJECT EDIT

edit on 7-2-2018 by Still Naive? because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Still Naive?

edit on 7/2/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

keep that video in an offline format as well on many backup media in case vimeo decides they want to either edit your video or remove it for "Terms and Conditions violations"

Good eye! completely missed it at work

ETA PM incoming
edit on 7-2-2018 by kingofyo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I saw that thing when it was live, and i saw what you recorded.
That video from the youtube link is clearly different from what i saw last night.

Might it have something to do with the video quality? Because if edited, then so bad that everybody can see it instantly.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

So after tinkering, I am saddened to say the original video has reverted to what I originally saw due to my YouTube being on 480p by default??? A co-worker watched the video this morning right after I posted this and he suggest I look at the source resolution and low and behold it was on 480p. After changing to 1080p (what I recorded at), the object appears to be moving normally again. Why the hell my YouTube default resolution is 480p is beyond me.

Sorry guys! If anything, I've highlighted an object many people might have missed so I'll just leave this up for now. Thanks for the suggestion as well DerBeobachter.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
great detective work OP!
star and flag,

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

oOOOoooo, very good eye! No doubt if it was just junk then there would be no need to edit. They should have know that with millions, possibly billions, of people tuning in to see this that someone would catch that.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

That, you did. I never would have know about that, but now I do.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

*******EDIT: the source video changed due to turning on my computer this morning and my default youtube resolution was set to 480p - if your resolution is at 1080p, there are no differences between the two videos, SUBJECT EDIT

So as not to mislead others, you should probably change your thread title and content to reflect that, not just place an edit 'disclaimer'.

This is already been discussed at least two other threads...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7-2-2018 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

i guess you just completely overlooked the two capitalized words following your bold highlight

im leaving the body of the post unedited for posterities sake, thnx for the suggestion though

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I see, so you are intentionally misleading others. In fact someone else just started yet another thread based on your

claim of 'altered video'.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

orrrr, how about I'm leaving the original body of text unedited so anyone who visits this thread can understand the context of discussion in the comments without being completely bewildered

please, take your trolling elsewhere, thanks

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Still Naive?

orrrr, how about I'm leaving the original body of text unedited so anyone who visits this thread can understand the context of discussion in the comments without being completely bewildered

Yah, thread becomes redundant without claim of 'altered footage', doesn't it...

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

if even just one person saw the footage in this thread, that had not seen it before, which is clearly the case, then the only thing redundant here is your presence - I edited the subject and even made a few small changes to please you, o'lord

you can show yourself out now

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Already posted. Please post your comments to this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

join