It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI lovers' latest text messages: Obama 'wants to know everything'

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

What the hell does Stevie Vay Raun have to do with this?

Obama is at the top of this. Let's put the blame where it belongs, ok?

Shut down?! There has been nothing but cooperation from the Trump team and the WH!

So he fired Comey, so f'n what?! The guy lied to congress and leaked classified info!.

He's lucky he's not in jail for that, yet.

Don't even try to go to Trump the liar accusations..because Obama and hillary lied their asses off since 2008.

These 2 control freaks are complicit in everything.

Wake up.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Waldman and what's his name Warner have been texting with the russians.

They just happen to be the investigators in the probe.

It's all falling down for the dems.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I followed this thread and at some point I thougt this would end in a nasty partisan fight. As many threads tend to do. Though may be not concluded, this one is fruitfull, Thanks to some clear contributors. Thanx!

(edit: textual correction)
edit on 8-2-2018 by Spinoza73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

I just saw that... took me a minute to understand what it was all about... and I'm still not really sure! But it sure don't look good.

Oh what tangled webs we weave...

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spinoza73
I followed this thread and at some point I thougt this would end in a nasty partisan fight. As many threads tend to do. Though may be not concluded, this one is fruitfull, Thanks to some clear contributors. Thanx!

Thank YOU! These days, that may be the highest compliment one ATSer can pay another ATSer and it is very much appreciated. I'm very happy it's been worth your time and thought.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: soberbacchus

Ok, I agree with that. It's not relevant to the Hillary email investigation and even the *new* emails from Weiner's laptop weren't in the FBI's hands at that time.

The article linked to in the OP does specifically say about the text message -- "“potus wants to know everything we’re doing” --

Senate investigators told Fox News this text raises questions about Obama's personal involvement in the Clinton email investigation.

But I took that as referring to Obama's multiple declarations that he would remain neutral in all judicial matters:

In the fall of 2016, Mr. Obama’s spokesmen at the White House were stating repeatedly that the president didn’t know details of the probe, and didn’t want to know.

You shouldn't have to play guessing games with what the Text Message was referring to.

WHY? Why are you being given excerpts absent explanation and context by partisan GOP Senators?

WHY? are they falsely suggesting this has to do with the HRC Email investigation when the investigation concluded before these texts and the Weiner emails and re-opening did not occur for a month after these texts?

Obviously (as has been publicly and repeatedly been made clear by the GOP) Strzok WAS working to investigate Russian Meddling at that time AND the President wanted to be kept in the loop as it evolved. Hell, the GOP have been complaining that he was brought into the loop and didn't do enough.

The dates align perfectly with Strzok's investigation into Russian meddling and the President's evolving interest in the intelligence being uncovered, NOT HRC emails which was an investigation that was closed at the time.

It seems brutally dishonest to ignore the facts and timelines surrounding the texts.
It seems ridiculously dishonest that GOP would release these without explaining the context they are aware of.
WHY didn't the GOP who have read all the texts give an explanation of what they were discussing?

This isn't political, this about spotting obvious BS.

edit on 9-2-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Warner was working transparently on behalf of the intelligence committee. Ask Marco Rubio

Warner was seeking to establish contact with Steele as part of the Senate Intelligence Committee's investigation into Russian election meddling.

Rubio, who sits on the Intelligence panel, tweeted that Warner had disclosed the contacts to the committee last year and that they had "zero impact" on its ongoing probe into ties between the Trump campaign and Russia in 2016.

"Sen.Warner fully disclosed this to the committee four months ago.
Has had zero impact on our work," Rubio tweeted.

thehill.com...

The dishonesty around here gets a little sickening.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Johnson released a report Tuesday that included the exchange between FBI agent Peter Strzok and FBI attorney Lisa Page, arguing that the texts raised questions about President Obama's involvement in the investigation into Clinton's email use.

thehill.com...

The Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday that the text messages exchanged between two FBI employees stating that then-President Obama wanted “to know everything” referred to the bureau's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election, not a probe into Hillary Clinton’s email server.

thehill.com...

WSJ:

But associates of Mr. Strzok and Ms. Page said that exchange referred to the president’s wanting information on Russia election meddling, which the FBI was heavily involved in over that period.
In August and September 2016, the FBI was no longer actively investigating the Clinton matter, after Mr. Comey had said that July that he was recommending no criminal charges be filed.

www.wsj.com...

Meanwhile, Johnson who released these out of context Texts claiming it could be about HRC email investigation? No comment. He is no doubt moving on to whatever BS he will pitch next.

He is the same guy who sold the "Secret Society" spin on previous texts he released, only to be forced to admit it was BS out of context and that he was "joking".

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

You shouldn't have to play guessing games with what the Text Message was referring to.

No, I shouldn't -- none of us should. But that's pretty much all we've got, right?

WHY? Why are you being given excerpts absent explanation and context by partisan GOP Senators?

For all the obvious reasons and probably some not so obvious. But the one glaring truth is that no one is willing to give us the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth -- also for obvious reasons.

WHY? are they falsely suggesting this has to do with the HRC Email investigation...

Why are YOU falsely suggesting they did any such thing?

The Senate investigators did not claim that these specific texts regarding the preparation of talking points for Comey to give Obama, who wanted to "know everything," were about the Clinton email investigation. While the article does not expand on the whys and wherefores for their suspicions, what raises my suspicions is that Obama declared in no uncertain terms that he would be "scrupulous" about not involving himself in any way in any DOJ or FBI investigation. As presidents have always done, to avoid even the appearance of political interference in a legal matter. (Several posters have already posted links to such quotes by Obama.) So if Obama did in fact involve himself in ANY such matter, contrary to his previous promise and assurance, then yes, it does raise suspicion that he involved himself in other matters, including the Hillary email investigation.

... when the investigation concluded before these texts and the Weiner emails and re-opening did not occur for a month after these texts?

All moot, as explained above.
edit on 9-2-2018 by Boadicea because: clarity

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

WHY? are they falsely suggesting this has to do with the HRC Email investigation...

Why are YOU falsely suggesting they did any such thing?

Sen. Ron Wyden released these texts with the Header ""The Clinton Email Scandal and the FBI's Investigation of it."

Let me know if you need links.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Shuuurrrrrr he was 😎🔐

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Shuuurrrrrr he was 😎🔐

You think Marc Rubio is going on record publicly lying to help cover up A Dems secret conversations with Russians?
And the entire intelligence committee, all the GOP, are also just backing that lie? To cover for Warner???

WTF? So many flavors of BS around here. This one is the super-stupid flavor.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Sen. Ron Wyden released these texts with the Header ""The Clinton Email Scandal and the FBI's Investigation of it."

Okay... gotcha. Aren't you the tricky one... or something. If you were going to refer to something other than the OP, then you should have made that clear. No gotcha points for you. Just maybe a few for cheap shots.

But more to the point, we both know why a political critter would put a spin on it... for political gain. And, of course, the other side puts their own political spin on it. But none are willing to give us the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

And, just to be clear, I don't let critters do my thinking for me. I referred to what the article said about the Senate investigators' suspicions, and I very clearly expressed my concerns. And I will do so again: Obama promised and assured the people that he would not involve himself in any DOJ or FBI investigations or prosecutions. He obviously did. How many? Which ones? We don't know. But we now know he did and he lied about it.

We also know that he wanted to know "everything." EVERYTHING. Not a brief summary or progress report. Nope. Obama wanted to know EVERYTHING.

That's a big problem for me. And lots of other people.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Careful where you are heading soberbacchus, if Obama "wanted to know everything" about the Russia investigation, it might lead you to some bad places.

Either way it implies Obama knew or wanted to know all details about which ever problem it referred to.

He can't claim "I heard about it just like you, on the news".

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

We also know that he wanted to know "everything." EVERYTHING. Not a brief summary or progress report. Nope. Obama wanted to know EVERYTHING.

Exactly.

This will be the hardest stuff to find out. I'm sure he insulated himself appropriately.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

a reply to:

????

Of course he wants to know everything about a Foreign Power's Campaign to interfere in Our Elections?

This is not a problem for ANYONE, legally, morally or otherwise.

It is actually his responsibility as President.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Okay... gotcha. Aren't you the tricky one... or something.

Citing facts like Dates or The actual Title of reports your OP relies on is not "Tricky".

If you were going to refer to something other than the OP, then you should have made that clear.

I assumed you had actually looked at the report your OP cites? All I did was share the TITLE of that report.

If basic facts are sneaky black magic to you, you might have an honesty problem.

But more to the point, we both know why a political critter would put a spin on it... for political gain.

Me citing the dates of the texts, dates of HRC Email investigation or the Title of The report your OP is premised on ....is not spin?

Not "Sneaky"...not "spin"...simple facts that exist like Time.

You seem lost.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I spent the evening looking through the text archive, again, and I think they we've been had. Whatever system the FBI has in place to *capture* texts, it's a failure.

That, or someone has picked through them and deleted some texts.

Here's one example I found...notice the "B)" in the text with the timestamp 12:37:16, on 9/10/2016?:

Where's "A)?"

Going back to the archive from Strzok's phone...that day hasn't been captured, at all:

In fact, eight days of texts during that period of time are missing.

And that's not the only time I noticed odd gaps in the conversation.

So, what good are these texts? Anything incriminating has long been deleted and we've been given an edited archive.

Useless batch of crap.

edit on 2/9/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Nice research.

A selective "glitch".

I'm buying that .........

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

And they were talking about someone's 302s, in that example...one of my favorite FBI topics.

I'd like to know what 'A)' said and who's 302s they were discussing.

Also, this convo took place BEFORE the alleged 'glitch' caused texts to not be captured.

edit on 2/9/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join