It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI lovers' latest text messages: Obama 'wants to know everything'

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Don't forget Valeriesamosa was given a special visa to enter the country by the SD.

Sup wit dat?

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The hand of justice is tightening around his neck.

Resistance is futile!

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

How on Earth do you continue to defend the absolute crystal clear collusion between Obama, Comey, and these 2 corrupt hyperventilating fascist FBI agents? Your boys are caught red handed. You can't hyperventilate your way out of this mate.

trea·son
[ˈtrēzən]
NOUN

the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government:

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I dont see them anywhere there discussing their positions.

I'm revising my opinion. After referring back to the PDF and looking at the entire chain, I think they're talking about attendance for a briefing of Comey, scheduled for the next day at 3:30 or if not then, Wednesday. Kinda wish I had arrived at this earlier but so be it, I'll move on.

a reply to: Grambler

Why would the fbi be setting around McCabes office 3 months before an election discussing the fact that Trump has no chance to win?

And then after that, why would Page be telling strzok that she wants to believe that, but is suggesting an insurance policy in case Trump wins?

Have you downloaded the PDF yet? I've read ahead a bit and it looks like they were discussing this briefing (put together by James Rybicki, Comey's chief of staff) of Comey (with dd add ead GC, down to Strzok and Page in attendance) before and after the text in question.

Whatever the briefing was about has been redacted but it appears to be maybe 2 capital letters wide. So it's not "Trump" and it's not "Russia" unless it's DT or RU maybe (it's not HRC, it definitely doesn't fit, I tried it in PS). Also, "svtc" is secure video teleconference.

Whatever it is, Strzok says McCabe isn't going to do it but he (Strzok) is apparently down for 3:30 the next day or Wednesday.

I'm trying to figure out the text from Page right before her "election" one. OLA is almost certainly Office of Legislative Affairs. Toscas is Deputy Assistant Attorney General George Toscas. Steinbach is Michael Steinbach, ex-Executive Assistant Director, National Security Branch (that's what the "ead" abbreviation referenced).

Then the next text from Page is the one with the election bit. My first thought is that it's referencing a conversation from that morning in McCabe's office. It also would seem that at least the three of the them were there but it's also possible that she's referencing a conversation that was only between Strzok and McCabe.

So it does appear Page is saying that she wants to believe that he (presumably Trump) won't get elected based on "the path (Strzok) threw out for consideration" but that's she's afraid "we" (Who is we? Americans, the two of them, the DOJ/FBI?) can't risk him being elected.

To answer your question, why would they be discussing the election, let's look at what's happening around this time. The FBI's counterintelligence investigation reportedly started in July (I've yet to read a day), after the Papadopoulos intel came from the Aussies. We do now know that the FBI agents met with Steele in Rome on October 3rd to debrief him. (and that by October 21st they were getting a FISA warrant for Carter Page)

This was also 4 days before Paul Manafort resigned from the campaign (almost two months to the day after the black ledger stuff from Ukraine).

Could it be that based on what they knew/suspected, Page was concerned that Trump or at least people in his campaign were in league with the Russian government? If that's the risk, is the insurance policy the investigation? It could be. But what does that actually mean? That the investigation would do Trump in if he was elected? That seems to be what the Trump crowd has gone all in on. Could it also mean that the investigation would reveal the truth, either way? Like, "he's probably not, but just in case he is a Russian puppet we should investigate?"

Could it refer to some plan to keep the investigation alive after Trump came into office, in the event that Trump turned out to be a Russian stooge and tried to kill the investigation?

It's all possible that the risk they were talking about is something specific to a "we" that isn't America. It could very well have something to do with their careers. It could be a fear that Trump would appoint somebody who would replace them. What then would be the "insurance plan?"

I dunno and there's not enough to tell if that conversation/meeting/whatever in McCabe's office had anything to do with the briefing so there might actually not be any other context here in the text messages.

You could essentially speculate that the "we," the "risk," and the "insurance policy," were absolutely anything you wanted them to be.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   

You could essentially speculate that the "we," the "risk," and the "insurance policy," were absolutely anything you wanted them to be.

Sure. We won't know until we have more info. But on face value, it doesn't look pretty. So let's shed the light on it, and if it's all innocuous, then everyone can all go home happy.
Or we can drag out all the releases over months while screaming it will destroy the union (but also, it's a dud) and hope interest fades for whatever reason...

Do you find a bit of disharmony with the innocuous explanation that key players involved in the FISA/FusionGPS/Dossier decisions are all being demoted or shuffled into the background shortly before these texts and other evidence is leaking out? Bruce Ohr hit with a double whammy demotion. Page and Strozk. McCabe out early a day after Wray reads the memo and knows what is going to become public. Another counter-intel guy from Justice today. Etc. All just coincidence?
edit on 7-2-2018 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

Sure. We won't know until we have more info. But on face value, it doesn't look pretty. So let's shed the light on it, and if it's all innocuous, then everyone can all go home happy.
Or we can drag out all the releases over months while screaming it will destroy the union (but also, it's a dud) and hope interest fades for whatever reason...

Do you find a bit of disharmony with the innocuous explanation that key players involved in the FISA/FusionGPS/Dossier decisions are all being demoted or shuffled into the background shortly before these texts and other evidence is leaking out? Bruce Ohr hit with a double whammy demotion. Page and Strozk. McCabe out early a day after Wray reads the memo and knows what is going to become public. Another counter-intel guy from Justice today. Etc. All just coincidence?

Also add in the FBI publicly stated 55,000 text messages between Strzok and Page were "not stored because of a software upgrade glitch on many Samsung 5 cellphones". Yet the day after Jeff Sessions announced an investigation into the missing text messages the text messages were miraculously found.

The missing messages from Strzok and Page span the time between the presidential transition and the launch of Robert Mueller’s Russia probe. How ironic.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

How on Earth do you continue to defend the absolute crystal clear collusion between Obama, Comey, and these 2 corrupt hyperventilating fascist FBI agents? Your boys are caught red handed. You can't hyperventilate your way out of this mate.

trea·son
[ˈtrēzən]
NOUN

the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government:

What are you even talking about?

In case you missed it, the would be scandal in the text has already been sunk. Here's a couple bite-sized chunks for you:

- The initial insinuation was that Obama was somehow interfering in the Clinton investigation. The text was on Sep 2. There was no Clinton email investigation at the time. That's the period between when it was closed and when it was reopened by the people you're calling traitors without a shred of actual proof of anything.

- In fact, guess what was happened a few days after that text? Obama was in China at the G20 summit where he met with Putin.

Barack Obama and Vladimir Putin hold 'blunt' meeting at G20

It's not "treason" nor is it any form of "collusion" for the President to be briefed on a national security investigation into Russian interference in our election. It would be a dereliction of his duties as President not to be aware of what was happening. The idea that because Trump is an idiot who surrounded himself with Kremlin-tied people like Manafort (and according to Carter Page, Carter Page) et al and idiots like Papadopoulos — who was clearly being targeted by the SVR and bragging to Australian diplomats about how he, a Trump campaign foreign policy advisor, knew that the Russians had stolen emails — that somehow the sitting President should shirk his duty is absurd on its face.

The argument being what? That the President had some sort of conflict of interest that should have caused him to not take a briefing on Russian interference in the election? GTFO.

Now let me ask you some questions.

How can you continue to defend this idiot liar Trump? How you can defend him when it's known that the guy running his campaign (Manafort — for what? Three months?) was trying to peddle influence over him and his agenda to Russians? If you don't know what I'm talking about, check my sig. That his partner in crime, Gates stuck around straight through the transition. That his foreign policy aide (Papadopoulos) was being targeted by the SVR? That another campaign aide, who the SVR had to recruit just a few years earlier, ran off to Moscow to talk #, praise Putin and meet with who knows? That his opponent's party was hacked by the Russians, which is something nobody in the IC — including Trump's appointees — deny. That the chairman of his opponent's campaign had his emails phished by Russians. That the Russians were running a massive influence campaign during the election. That about state voting-related servers were attacked in what? 20-something states.

How can you defend Trump who knows all of that and yet has tried repeatedly to have the investigations into these thing shutdown? Who tells his supporters that it's all just a plot against him. Who fired the director of the FBI because he wouldn't shutdown the investigations — and lied about it.

How can you defend a weak liar who puts his fragile ego ahead of national security? You want to throw around words like "treason" as Trump has done recently?

Unlike your yawn-worthy fantasy, I can actually point to how Donald Trump has put himself before country and how that weakness benefits a foreign nation that interfered in our elections — to benefit HIM — to get HIM elected. I dunno, that seems uncomfortably close to treason to me.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Out of fairness and fidelity with the truth, the timing of the texts precludes that the context involved the Clinton email investigation, but could it have involved the FISA memo and the "Russia investigation"? Need to investigate further. Let's not assume.

edit on 8-2-2018 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

A couple of things. This is already being probed by the OIG. That's who told Mueller about the texts in the first place, which is why Mueller kicked him off his team a month (or less) into it his investigation.

The GOP knows this obviously. They're going to get a comprehensive non-partisan report about all this from the OIG. Which begs the question, why have they seized on this opportunity to create a #show? The OIG is the appropriate entity to investigate this and if they're unhappy with the results of the OIG's investigation, they could certainly launch additional investigations (hell, Nunes apparently launches them weekly all by his lonesome). So what is Ron Johnson doing right now? Why are they feeding the right-wing media weak conspiracy theories based on interpretations of inconclusive text messages?

It's not about shedding a light on anything, it's politics. It's a partisan war of attrition.

As for what's been going on in the FBI/Justice department. I think it really comes down to whether you believe those involved were acting in good faith or not.

- Christopher Steele is a British citizen who spent 22 years serving honorably in MI6. He went from that into the private sector and since then, worked with the FBI to whom he provided credible intel in at least one major case. Yes, he was contracted by Fusion GPS who was being paid by the DNC/Clinton campaign.

What do you believe? By all accounts, he was alarmed with what he was turning up and went to the FBI of his own volition out of this concern. Isn't that what he should have done? So the question becomes, was he acting in good faith or was he acting as a paid stooge? I don't the man. None of us do. People who do know him however, certainly seem to hold him in high regard.

- The you have Bruce Ohr. Here's what is not generally discussed. Steele knew Ohr because they'd worked together on the FIFA case. Ohr's wife is a Russia expert and worked for Fusion GPS. It makes sense that he'd go to Ohr if he was legitimately alarmed. He knew him we can assume, knew his wife too. He might even have been how Ohr's wife got a job with Fusion GPS.

And the GOP is trying to have it both ways here. They've been painting Ohr as suspicious for months but then they drop a memo that says Ohr informed the DOJ/FBI about Steele's supposed "bias" based on few words quoted out of context.

So what do you believe? If you believe Steele was a bad actor and you believe Simpson was a bad actor who was directing him, it makes sense to wonder if Ohr was part of something untoward. If you don't believe that Steele was acting in bad faith, then it seems like a logical thing for Steele to do to approach Ohr.

I could go on here but in every case, it really depends on whether you believe the people involved were acting in good faith or not. Given the allegations against them not only in the media but coming from Republicans in Congress and the the WH, it's not surprising that people have been removed from sensitive jobs. Notice however, that nobody has been fired.

A couple of other thoughts. A lot of people fervently believe that Russia didn't interfere in the election. Those people tend not to believe it's possible that *anyone* involved in anyway was operating in good faith.

But things get really fuzzy when it comes to the actual conspiracy and what it was supposed to accomplish. A conspiracy to surveil an ex-Trump campaign staff member who the campaign wanted nothing to do with? Does that make a lot of sense? To what end? What would that accomplish to keep Trump from getting elected?

And apparently, that FISA warrant is what all this mega conspiracy was for because for all the brouhaha, that's the only place where Steele's info was used apparently. In fact, it's the only place where actual actionable impropriety has been alleged and what was that impropriety? Not giving the FISC judge enough information? Steele lying to the FBI about having spoken to members of the media a week or two prior?

Even Gowdy has said point blank that there'd be a Mueller probe if there was no Steele.

Hey, meanwhile: Paul Manafort and Rick Gates are 100% corrupt af, criminal super douche bag swamp dwelling influence peddlers. Paul Manafort was offering to sell influence over Trump to the Russians which is pretty damn horrible. I mean when it comes to "the swamp" these guys are legendary and not just in ours, in countries on 4 or 5 continents.

Michael Flynn was using his position to get paid through a cut-out to write op-eds and lobby from inside the campaign for the Turkish government. He was apparently (allegedly) at one point plotting an illegal rendition of a Turkish asylum seeker for $15 million. He was working to undermine sanctions against Russia that were leveled in response to their election meddling by the then administration — and he lied to the FBI about it. And according to the admin, he lied to them about it.

Isn't it a good thing that the law has caught up with these people? There's a good chance that some Democrats will go down too, including one of the two much hated Podesta brothers. You'd think everyone would be happy about this but nope, not because they don't deserve it but because they're associates of Trump's.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I just asked why all these good faith actors, in your words, would be demoted or booted. I didn't really see an answer that addressed that.

I agree that everyone is playing politics with it, if that makes you feel better. I also believe in due process and the integrity of the system, so while I'd like to see them punished if found guilty, I'm irritated if the feebs either A) compromised their own investigation into guilty people by reckless disregard or B) railroaded people for political points. I think both are legitimate concerns based on what we know so far.
Shine a light on it. If it's all righteous, then great. Most of the disclosure seems to be by one party, and the other party seems to have dug in its heels to resist disclosure. That party has the most to gain if the allegations are clearly false. And the most to lose if they are true.
So the behaviour combined with the steady disappearing act of key players that touched the investigation on high looks like consciousness of guilt to me. Does that mean they're guilty and Manafort and Gates are innocent? No. I suspect Gates and Manafort are guilty based on the little I've read. All the more reason to be mad if the feebs shot themselves in the foot through malpractice. The feds could still be completely righteous, too, but there's enough there to raise serious questions and to merit investigation.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: roguetechie

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you there. The people we're talking about will do anything and everything to save themselves and their power at any cost... including burning the whole world to the ground.... When Clinton was impeached it was called "Scorched Earth." I'm not sure they can even really help themselves if they wanted to because they really are THAT narcissistic.

But I'm also hopeful that 1-- because it has been threatened before, the good guys are aware of this, and handling it appropriately (however that may be), and 2-- at some point, as enough of the bad guys are taken down, the rest have no resources or power to exercise any longer. Thus, ultimately, the entire criminal enterprise implodes and collapses on itself. Kind of like that proverbial house of cards when enough cards in the right position are removed.

I don't believe the bad guys have nearly as much power as they want us to believe. And I do believe a strategic takedown can be far more effective in the long run than a huge show of force all at once. It seems Team Trump is taking the strategic route.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Told ya he was involved in this....

Well, darn, I missed that... and it's a real bummer! I feel like I've been yelling it from the rooftops alone forever and it's been mighty lonely!!! I would have enjoyed the company

It was obvious from the start. If Obama's top people were on this they had to inform their boss, in this case Obama, more so when all these lies about "collusion between Trump and Russia" was hilariously been given to the DNC/Hillary/Obama from Russian sources...

Yup. There was no way Hillary was doing anything alone. And there was no way Obama's people were doing it without his knowledge and consent... if not his orders.

Obama knew everything. At the very least.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Everyone -- Really awesome discussion!!!

That's all. Just really impressed and really proud of everyone.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Seems the investigation into Clinton was over in July. These requests are dated September.
Obama was asking for details and info on what they had done about the Russian hack not on Clintons email issue which was over eight weeks before the date of this request.
And this request was days before Obama confronted Vladimir Putin about his countries interference in our election.
It seems he was actually looking out for our country not trying to secretly effect any outcome in an investigation that was already over.
edit on 282018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

Because the GOP keeps trying and keeps failing to slander Obama.
And this ...this crap ... is just more of them getting everything wrong...again.
U1 a bust
Secret societies a bust
memos with selected data a bust
These guys keep trying to stop this investigation with convoluted lies and stupid conspiracy theories.
When do you step back and see the flippin side show?
Obama was getting info to confront Putin about their actions in the election not on the Clinton email investigations.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

And "seems" is the operative word here. We really don't know enough to know exactly what they are referring to.

However, as noted in the article and quoted in the OP, it was the Senate who wondered if it had to do with the email investigation.

And, of course, we really don't know who knew what and when they knew it. Especially in terms of the email investigation. The absolute most we can say is, "according to what we've been told." We have no independent knowledge or information. All we have is what we've been told, which is contradictory to say the least...

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
How these individuals are not suspended without pay pending an investigation is just stupid at this point.

I believe anyone who calls Trump an idiot or attacks him while simultaneously attacking the release and accuracy of the Nunes memo etc is biased.

The fact is that these things affect the country. We have elements of the previous administration spying on an incoming administration and possibly trying to bring down the president with false information. That should concern every American citizen. One's feelings on the president are not relevant and one weakens their argument by bringing those into the conversation.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

How these individuals are not suspended without pay pending an investigation is just stupid at this point.

It would seem the logical thing to do, eh? And maybe it's exactly the right thing to do. The problem is that we don't have enough information to be sure. We really don't have enough context to know exactly what they are talking about. What we do have are very incriminating words in some context... we just don't know exactly which context.

Nor do we know exactly what they were told and what premise they were working under. For example, did they think/know that Carter Page was truly an agent/spy for Russia? Or did they think/know that Carter Page was actually an FBI mole to set up Trump for FISA surveillance? If they knew that Carter Page was really working for the FBI and the whole Russia collusion meme was just a ruse to illegally spy on a prez candidate/prez-elect/duly sworn prez, then lock 'em up and throw away the key. But if they were informed by their superiors that Carter Page was a known verified spy for Russia and working for Trump, then they were just doing their jobs.

Or, for another example, who told them that Obama wanted to know everything? Did Comey tell them that? Or another supervisor? Could whoever have told them been lying about Obama and just wanted to know for themselves? Maybe Comey was already running rogue and wanted to keep tabs on just what his agents were finding and never had any intention of telling Obama. I don't believe that for a minute, but we just don't know.

And was "everything" in reference to... well... everything about everything? Or to one investigation or "matter"? Or to one meeting about one "matter"? We don't know.

So those pointing out that we really don't know the specifics are correct. I don't believe there is any innocent explanation no matter how we look at it -- someone is playing dirty. But we need to know more before we come to any conclusions about anyone in specific, including these two agents.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

That was me. It doesn't seem . It's fact. The request came two months after the Clinton case was closed. The dates are not subject to interpretation. That is a known fact. It can't be debated.
Get over it . This is just another secret society thing. ( And that was the same dude wasn't it? Yeah tee hee He needs to take off his wizards Hogwarts robes and come back to earth). Please. It's more than obvious.
They are really overpaying their hand. America isn't going to tolerate it.
Special elections since 2016 prove it more than anything.

edit on 282018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
When it comes to corruption in US Agencies...Obama NEVER lies.

Obama: Not 'even a smidgen of corruption' behind Internal Revenue Service targeting

thehill.com...

new topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join