It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveling Abductors

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Just came in to say, I'm glad some folks still reference John E. Mack. I read his book on abductions many years ago and found it to be one of the most interesting in all of my reading on the subject. I guess because of his use of hypnosis, he is disregarded by some, but with his creds as a Harvard guy, it's my opinion that his book ought to be held up more often as 'big news' on the subject.

Also, the fact that he was killed in a 'car accident' at a youngish age makes me feel like he poked the wrong bear.

Time Travelers? Sure, why not. The whole Space/Time/Consciousness bit, I believe to be all part and parcel to the same question and answer-

Thanks for the thread,
Cheers,
Nexo

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Yes we know each other. I''m saying that Somethings or someones have been abducting me since childhood,my daughter too have been subject to some of it.I remember some of our discussions,was it in the first metacafe thread? Thing is,you are very sure,you have it all figured out in your mind,and i have not,so i still look at many options,possibilities.Not meant in a snarky way,Kev,but my life has been for the most part effed up and traumatised like a trainwreck because of these incursions.I survived,i am happy now,and strong.But i will never stop looking for answers,and so i look into,or consider many possibilities.

Of course my friend.

I'm at, where i'm at, due to over 50 years of research.. and since I'm a DERP and won't write
it all down in a book so that others might benefit, people only get small pieces of what i'm
saying and misinterpret it sometimes.

Also, quite frankly, I could be 100% wrong. All of us could be wrong. It's the very
snarky nature of this "reality" we live in.

And as you say, everyone is on their own journey.. nobody can walk for another person..
they have to do it on their own.

The destination isn't the point anyway.

I hope you aren't getting abducted much anymore? Or have learned to handle it?
you will notice I didn't say "abducted". You have self-awareness, I don't need to
try and wake you up.. with snarky comments.

Kev

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
the urls i added over the urladding button did got through
now i correct this..

www.reddit.com... www.bluelight.org...

www.bluelight.org... "Ketamine has LITERALLY let me time travel: but now I'm stuck here "
edit on 7-2-2018 by airowineSailorcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The idea of future humans needing sperm an eggs to litterally save their own hides from going extinct is one hell of paradox.

If one sperm all that needed out of a million to make a baby, wouldn't that screw around with their order things like genes an family trees before they became what they are, since they are constantly taking sample at a the reported frequency that has been stated by many?

The whole killing or doing something in the past would create a ton of butterfly effects, can only imagine what one little... insignificant little sperm can do if meddle with?
edit on 7-2-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Great response.

When it comes to time, either:

1) Many worlds is true.. then it doesn't matter what you do.. you can't "save your universe"/
"timeline"/civilization anyway.. you can at most spawn a divergent one.. or (more likely)
just go visit the divergent one that already existed.

2) Many worlds is not true.. then it doesn't matter what you do.. the arrow of time is fixed
and you can't change time anyway. And if you could, you would crap up your own future,
as it would not be possible to account for each particle in the Universe that has ever
existed, or would ever exist - what you'd have to do to ensure the desired
outcome. If you flubbed up and went back again.. the complexities generated would
be overwhelming.. you'd likely only have one shot at it.. and it better be perfect..
which it couldn't be.

IMHO.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I did read TIME magazine's article on him. That was enough for me.

The scientific skepticism is bolstered by some unusual firsthand evidence. One of Mack's "experiencers" has revealed to TIME that she was actually an undercover debunker who worked her way into Mack's confidence and rose high in the ranks of his subjects. She found that Mack's work was riddled with scientific irregularities; it lacked a formal research protocol as well as legally required consent forms that advise research subjects of potential risks. She also discovered that Mack billed the insurance companies of at least some patient-subjects for what he described as therapy sessions.

Bassett, who made extensive tapes and notes of her life in the UFO cult, says Mack provided her with UFO literature to read prior to her sessions -- a practice that medical hypnotists say will almost surely influence hypnotic revelations. During the sessions, which Mack held in a darkened bedroom in his house rather than in a neutral office, he asked leading questions that reflected his biases. "John made it obvious what he wanted to hear," says Bassett.

Bassett's account is supported by others who had close encounters with Mack. "He had a hidden agenda," says Dave Duclos, who left the experiment when he became disenchanted. "He was against anybody who said anything negative about the aliens. Once he said to me, 'If you think the aliens are bad, Mr. Duclos, keep thinking about it until you realize they are good.' "

content.time.com...

Despite his eminent credentials as a psychiatrist and the manifest evidence that ‘abductees’ were people highly susceptible to fantasy lives, Mack waded into this minefield and tossed his career away, while trashing his reputation. In the last few years Mack backed away from insisting the abductions were real material events, claiming they were only ‘real’ to the experiencers, but the damage was done. Although a Harvard Medical School professor of psychiatry he became a laughingstock and embarrassment among colleagues for his obvious bias, and faulty research into the phenomenon, which- for some reason- he could never come out and define as a mental illness, along the lines of schizophrenia, nor could he reconcile it with its kindred False Memory Syndrome- so rife during the 1980s sex and Satanic cult scares.

The most troubling aspect of Mack’s descent from respected member of his field to career joke was that whenever he appeared on a tv show, or was interviewed, about alien abductions he was always referred to as Pulitzer Prize winner, to lend him a simulacrum of credence in an area he knew little of. This fact is why some of the best researchers in the field are trained in magic or fakery. What Mack swallowed gullibly was easily seen by experienced researchers, soaked in con artistry, as a scam. On more than one occasion Mack’s inner circle of claimed abductees was penetrated by hoaxers, whose fabulous claims were trumpeted as real, and breakthroughs, by Mack. When the hoax was revealed Mack sheepishly backed off, sometimes even impugning the hoaxer had real abduction memories and was using the hoax as a way to psychologically deal with the pain. Needless to say, Mack’s esteem plummeted even worse.

www.cosmoetica.com...

Yep..I think we're talking about false memory syndrome, sleep paralysis and a person's imagination. But hey, you're entitled to believe in whatever you want.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
Yep..I think we're talking about false memory syndrome, sleep paralysis and a person's imagination. But hey, you're entitled to believe in whatever you want.

On the other hand, it's just not logical to assume that just because Mack's methodology was flawed that the people he was dealing with didn't have legitimate experiences. It will just make it harder to separate the actual wheat from Mack's chaff.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

There is no doubt that some people have legitimate "experiences".

But that doesn't necessarily mean that little aliens traveled across
half the universe to practice their "animal husbandry skills"
on them.

Abductions could use more and higher quality research for sure.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I understand, but I believe that there are more legitimate reasons why these people feel they've been abducted. Could it be true? Anything is possible, but I'm not buying that millions of people have been abducted around the world. The mind is as mysterious as our universe and I do believe that our unconscious beliefs about reality are shaped from religious and cultural interpretations. With the UFO/alien topic as popular as ever, I don't see these "abduction" stories ending anytime soon. I just fear that there are "professional" people and hucksters with unscrupulous motives, who will target and exploit these people for their own personal gain. We've seen this happen time and time again. Like you stated, a genuine abduction case, which I feel is extremely rare, but possible, will fall through the cracks as just another "tall" tale because of this.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
But that doesn't necessarily mean that little aliens traveled across
half the universe to practice their "animal husbandry skills"
on them.

I don't think that's a very good explanation, either. But I'm not an alien, so I don't know what would motivate them to do anything. However, if they're "humans" from someplace/sometime else, maybe it all has to do with self-preservation. Maybe they need to get us up to speed with as little overt interaction with us as possible, or humanity will never become part of that universe-spanning grid of living light that sits outside our limited brains. I don't know.

It's interesting, though, how so many investigators into abductions, including Budd Hopkins and Whitley Streiber, eventually discard the "human-alien cross-breeding program" idea for something more abstruse. Progress?

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Great response.

When it comes to time, either:

1) Many worlds is true.. then it doesn't matter what you do.. you can't "save your universe"/
"timeline"/civilization anyway.. you can at most spawn a divergent one.. or (more likely)
just go visit the divergent one that already existed.

2) Many worlds is not true.. then it doesn't matter what you do.. the arrow of time is fixed
and you can't change time anyway. And if you could, you would crap up your own future,
as it would not be possible to account for each particle in the Universe that has ever
existed, or would ever exist - what you'd have to do to ensure the desired
outcome. If you flubbed up and went back again.. the complexities generated would
be overwhelming.. you'd likely only have one shot at it.. and it better be perfect..
which it couldn't be.

IMHO.

Idk what to say about onmiverse, parallel or multi verses, and the what ifs, but if it did where would the ufo phenemon fit into to it. If future humans could change the course of history, they would have to be outside of time, or beyond the restraints of gravity. Not only that, the amount of energy an resources to even create another branch of an actual universe

And why not fiddle with primates instead of humans, they're simpler, even though they are more robust.

Maybe Einstein was right about the universe an human stupidity. Take that universe or God. Jokingly.

edit on 7-2-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Old concepts that make no sense, eventually evolve.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

We ARE the simple primates. What is it? 1.6% difference
in DNA compared to Chimpanzees?

But yah, humans have a bloated self-opinion about themselves
and always want to write themselves into the center of all
narratives, no matter how ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

You cannot read one tabloid article about Mack and assume you know him or his work, that is absolutely ridiculous and shows you want to reach a specific conclusion without doing any real research. You would rather take cheap shots at the character of Mack rather than see for yourself what type of person he was and what work he did to help people. Trust me I realize how crazy this sounds, and it probably seems a bit weird for me to suggest there is any validity to abduction accounts when I'm so skeptical about other things. I'm a very scientifically minded person and it takes a great deal of convincing to make me believe anything.

I've read several books on the topic of abductions, all written by different authors, and all from the 80's or 90's before there was a wide spread awareness of this phenomena. They all report seeing short thin humanoids with very large heads and large black eyes. They report being abducted from childhood into their adulthood, they report floating through physical objects as they are moved towards the ship, they report communicating by thinking, they report the abductors can control them with their eyes, make them feel any emotion or numb them, they very often report being afraid to look into their eyes, they report having eggs or sperm extracted, they report missing time, etc.

Jacobs developed many good methods to test the suggestibility of a patient and detect whether they were lying or being led by the hypnotist, and he also goes into some detail concerning why hypnotic regression is a powerful tool for recalling memories in great detail. It is a tool often used to help people remember the details of a crime scene, it's not some crack pottery that always produces false information. Not to mention a lot of abductees can recall their experiences without the help of regression, and they report all the same things. You can even look at the abduction reports posted on ATS and you will see many of the indicators I just mentioned throughout the reports.

The people who experience these traumatic events have no motive to make such wild claims, usually they don't even tell anyone besides their therapist. Also it's very clear to me these people aren't just making stuff up from the top of their head otherwise there would be far more variance in their stories. Another good book on abductions is Taken by Karla Turner, first published 1994. It also contains many abduction accounts from several different people and basically all of them provide corroborating information. It doesn't matter whether the researcher is Mack or someone else, the accounts given have a level of consistency which cannot be simple coincidence.

But I'm not really trying to convince anyone abductions are actually happening, I don't even fully believe it myself and it's not the point of this thread. I am assuming time travel to the past is possible in this thread... if that assumption alone is true then it's almost a given that future humans will travel backwards in time in order to study their ancestors. That is what makes this theory have a sense of being real for me... aliens from another planet is one thing, but humans traveling through time is a whole other ball game and when we consider the facts surrounding UFO's, it becomes some what difficult to imagine they could really be anything else but man-made machines.
edit on 7/2/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

But yah, humans have a bloated self-opinion about themselves
and always want to write themselves into the center of all
narratives, no matter how ridiculous.

Well, you can't expect those monkeys to write a decent story about humans and how great we are. Somebody's gotta do it!

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Well it goes both ways... if someone claims that ancient humans couldn't build the great pyramids by themselves, they are told humans are capable of much more than we tend to believe, and we shouldn't underestimate what we are capable of, and we shouldn't hand over the credit for own accomplishments to some other source.

As I said, I would much rather believe that aliens from another planet are visiting the Earth rather than believe humans from the future are visiting us in highly advanced man made crafts. Honestly I don't even want to believe time travel into the past is possible because it has a lot of implications I do not like at all.

However if I'm being honest with myself then I simply cannot deny the fact that UFO's are far more likely to be man-made rather than extraterrestrial in nature. It has nothing to do with wanting to believe humans are totally awesome or something like that. It just makes way more sense and explains a lot about their behavior.
edit on 7/2/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Interesting, what I had heard is that while his colleagues at Harvard were utterly disgusted with the subject matter, and while they tried to tear apart his methodologies and did find a few that were questionable, it wasn't enough to have him fired from Harvard, which was clearly the aim of his colleagues investigations.

That being said, he was funded to the tune of $250k per annum by Lawrence Rockefeller who also funded Stephen Greer... so perhaps there are signs of some shadier intelligence related shenanigans going on.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Harpua

That being said, he was funded to the tune of $250k per annum by Lawrence Rockefeller who also funded Stephen Greer... so perhaps there are signs of some shadier intelligence related shenanigans going on.

Very interesting... I haven't heard that before, do you have any sources for that claim?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdKiller
What if they came from the past?

That actually could make sense. A civilization that made a time machine left it on the moon travels to the future (our present) and needs our DNA...

Seems legit

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The alien primary agenda is the building of a human-looking hybrid society, with infiltration purposes. They are able to combine alien DNA with human DNA and have created a wide variety of hybrids. This could mean that the aliens share common DNA with us, easing their work.

Also, abductees are many times confronted with Earth destruction scenarios, it could be just being used to trigger something on an emotional level, or could mean also that the aliens are "interested" in the well-being of the planet.

OP theory makes sense.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join