It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead phone , live phone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Hello again ats . My landline phone is playing a game of sillybuggers . I've had 2 important phone calls , one outgoing and one incoming . Both involved the police , the outgoing was to call 999 , the incoming was from the police , or at least from a number I couldnt call back. I was waiting for the incoming call . Both times the phone 'died' as in refused to work at all . Then it mysteriously 'came back to life' , on its own .
Oddly , what happened to the incoming call was this ; two normal rings , then a crackling sound affected the next two rings , then as it was picked up , nothing , line dead , lights out . Then its working again but after the caller had given up .
On the outgoing call , I put in the number , the screeen went black , and no sound . No sound , and obviously , no phone call .
Is it possible to 'cook' a phone , a landline, to behave in this manner ? Are these signs of normal wear and tear ? Should this matter be of concern ?

Thanks for your thoughts
edit on 7-2-2018 by GeneralMayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Have you read spy catcher and what the authorities could do with a phone in the 50's?

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: biggilo

I haven't finished reading it yet and these appear to be increasingly desperate measures don't they . By God I hope they get netted , and we can get on with normal life again . Thanks

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: GeneralMayhem

Sounds like a loose wire to me.

Really simple little loose screw ... somewhere.

P

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: GeneralMayhem

Loose wire, phone jack (hope you have the insurance), otherwise, bumblebees and Christmas trees, yellow and black, red and green are the wiring in the jack.

You can call your phone comp and have them check the line, could also be wires to network interface, which should be fixed on phone comps dime.

new topics

top topics

join