It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So now there is no credibility that Russia hacked our election. AT ALL. NONE.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The states where russia was alleged to have got in to the voter rolls are also the states trump barely carried... I think they were Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Iowa and Ohio. The argument that they had no effect and trump would have won anyway is ignoring this bit of data on top of him losing the popular vote.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Harpua

How would SEEING the rolls have an effect? Its public knowledge!

Let me get this straight, The "hackers" penetrate the complex free and open state website with the voter rolls and then do what?

Send people to muscle votes for Trump?

No one is saying ANYONE altered any voter rolls. Viewing them is not even a crime or considered "malicious" if you do.

So?

edit on 2 8 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Show me one changed vote. There is either a chance they can be changed or not. If they can be changed then do away with electronic voting entirely.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Hacked, meddled, penetrated.

A lot of words to make you believe something happened that really didn’t.

They one thing that would matter and you have never heard is “Russia changed votes in the 2016 election”.

Why do you think they have never said this?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

No one is saying ANYONE altered any voter rolls. Viewing them is not even a crime or considered "malicious" if you do.

So?

True, though I believe no one is COMMENTING on altered voting rolls, which is different than saying no one did it.

Regardless, the fact that so many of the republicans are defending Trump who has repeatedly expressed his admiration for Putin while its clear russia was promoting trump on facebook via bots and trolls is telling. Not only that, if there is any truth to trump laundering russian oligarch money and who might be beholden to a foreign power... you would think true patriots would want to see this investigation through.

I challenge anyone to read thru this timeline and not see a pattern that deserves further investigation: billmoyers.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Commenting? Thats the OP. DHS claims and all that jazz. Did I miss something. You know, the effect this cyber crime had....The effect? Isnt that how we started off?

anyways, as to the rest,
Thats entirely up to interpretation. I disagree.
Something tangible to go on would define our stance.

You choose to see a pattern. I definitely see another.

Facts would point us in the right direction. Not baseless accusations and hollow reports of innuendo.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

"What difference, now, does it make?"

What is amazing, is the deep devotion many on the left have to the "!RUSSIA!" narrative, irregardless of the facts. It won't matter what Mueller or the Office of the Inspector General/DOJFBI says... they expect an indictment and conviction and Mueller's "...gonna get em!"

If Mueller DOESN'T find for a True Bill, then these same people will claim Mueller is corrupted somehow and the fix is in... because on ALL the other channels, other than Faux News, the narrative is about a certain outcome, and ONLY reporting things that support that narrative.

People have literally lost their minds... aka, capacity to engage logic and sniff out logical fallacies and faulty reason.

We are NOT watching the end of "The Fourth Estate". The Fourth Estate is ALREADY OVER.
edit on 8-2-2018 by dasman888 because: structure

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Meh, my concern with our current events and the flood of us political polarization in our politics is to ultimately distract us from the serious concerns in our world specifically our economical problem here in our country, if you truly look at our country right now from eyes and a mind that existed 80 years ago it probably would cause trauma and give that human a mental illness or even a stroke. This world is on fire...

Without our technology no way we would have distracted ourselves for this long...

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Who hacked the DNC to get those e-mails to Wiki-leaks?

Who said anyone hacked the DNC? Seth Rich saw the corruption and released It to Wikileaks. For that the DNC killed Seth Rich. Guess Seth was right, that the DNC was a true den of vipers and he was right to work against them. A true hero.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Bingo. And 2 weeks after he died the major wikileaks started, the real leaks. After and before it was just email phishing.

Then the Russia hysteria got vamped up .

Thats the pattern I see. I havent seen proof, but I have seen evidence of what others think happened. Thats more than can be said otherwise.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

ummm. Not that i disagree with your point. but literally every mainstream media outlet said Russia hacked the election.

Every single bull# CIA/Mafia/Vatican owned media outlet has repeated the same bull# narrative.

Everyone on ATS, who has been more than 8 years, knows they are the organized criminals lying to the public to maintain their pedophile/drug operation.

Give it a year, these sub humans are all #ed...

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
if all it takes are some adds on Facebook to win the presidency hasn’t everyone been running these elections wrong?

If the dems really believe that the Russians changed the election with Facebook we will know in the next election when they pour all their resources into Facebook adds.

Hillary and Donald spent $81 million and the Kremlin spent $100,000 on Facebook.

What are we investigating?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Except they did. They tried to access more than 20 state election systems, and succeeded a couple of times.
Take off the rose-colored glasses, your guy made a booboo and he's going to get caught.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: scauma

Except they did. They tried to access more than 20 state election systems, and succeeded a couple of times.

Succeeded in doing what again? Looking at data? Publicly available data?

Take off the rose-colored glasses, your guy made a booboo and he's going to get caught.

So now Trump is coordinating Russian cyber operations? You're hilarious.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: scauma

What does looking at public voter roles do for one in fixing an election?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

I'm not sure why a nation-state collecting political intelligence on us is so shocking to some people. I'm not particularly pleased with it myself, but given the rate at which we do this to other countries (and even our allies) it is hardly a shock.

Besides, this kind of BS has been going on for decades. Why the public decided it was suddenly a world ending problem? One word: Trump + wishful thinking.

They think that somehow if they repeat their Russian theories enough that they'll become true. That they'll somehow will a prosecution of Trump that removes him from office. It just doesn't reflect reality, and the veracity of the "evidence" we've seen/known about.

There is simply nothing there, and this *will* prove to be the largest witch-hunt/nothing-burger in the history of this nation. It is unfortunately going to bring down our federal LE/intelligence agencies with them though, with the exception of perhaps the USMS/USSS/CBP/ICE/BATFE (who were seemingly uninvolved)

*Even if they're 100% right about their theories (although they haven't proven a single one yet), they're still "stuck" with Trump as POTUS until his term is over. Lets face it, congress simply isn't going to impeach/convict him. A whole hell of a lot of complicit Dems would have to win the midterm elections, but even that wouldn't help. If Trump were removed from office for (really) any reason, it is virtually assured to immediately kick off a new civil war, in my opinion. Not days, weeks or months after the usurping of the people's will, but likely immediately/instantly, in my opinion. The entire landscape becomes a battlespace in the blink of an eye. Polite society and government ceases to exist near immediately, in my opinion, as tens of millions of patriotic Americans are simply too much for the established system to handle not to mention that the ranks of the military/federal government is filled with patriots/3%'ers/oath keepers* Just my personal "theory" of course

I wouldn't pay much attention to that ^ Just know there is no spin/lie/deception that will result in the people accepting the unlawful removal of their President, in my opinion. I fully expect any potential attempts to remove POTUS to fail miserably, in my opinion.
edit on 2/9/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood
You do know the difference between "voter rolls" and "election results" don't you?

Are you saying that the Russians hacked the voter rolls, added X number of new voters who would vote for Trump, and then sent in agents to vote for Trump using the hacked voter rolls? Did 250,000 Russian agents came to those states to vote to put Trump in office?

First, I would ask that you research the difference between "voter rolls" and "election results."

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Oh yes, the complex web of conspiracy grows deeper.

It is impossible to take any of these clowns seriously. After all, they (Obama/Clinton/Clapper/Dems) are the ones who jeered/mocked us before election day for even daring to imply the elections could be influenced/rigged. I won't take their word for it, because they explicitly and blanket denied it was even possible.

You say it isn't possible, Mr. Obama? We'll sir, I believe you. The LIES you and your Democrat allies are pushing are impossible, and frankly "silly"

Remember that? When Obama's big mouth was spewing "facts" about the integrity of elections? Calling us whiners?

Who's the crybaby now, divider in chief?

edit on 2/9/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: shooterbrody

what are you going on about?

states were targeted and voter rolls were penetrated. do mathis's and pompeo's words mean nothing to you? why are you all acting so dumb?

and, yes i'd be concerned if any country did similar. lol if they'd try to tip the election to hillary you all would just ignore it? LOL am i really supposed to beleive that?

honestly, y'alls answer to this is so bloody weak. but, lets build that wall, dammit, cuz we're strong! lol

Do you even understand the words you are typing?

states were targeted and voter rolls were penetrated

Do you not realize that voter rolls are public documents? How do you "penetrate" a public document?

"Penetrate" means what in the quote you cite? It means that some hacker, somewhere, got through the security provided by the state SOS and looked at the voter rolls. Now should you wish to "penetrate" the voter rolls you only need go to your local clerk's office and ask to see the voter rolls. For a fee you can get them to print those voter rolls out for you. Heck, these days you can probably get them on a thumb drive.

So, to say that the Russians somehow, someway, influenced the elections from simply looking at the voter rolls, something you can do any time you wish (during normal business hours at the clerk's office) is simply absurd. What an unbelievable number of people seem to misunderstand is that voter rolls and voting machines are two different animals. The voter rolls are stored digitally in the clerk's office. The voting machines are stored in a locked warehouse somewhere. They are not connected to the internet. They do not contain "voter rolls". They contain tabulating software. On the day of the election, trained election officials set up those voting machines in each precinct. The voting machine is not connected to the internet. The set-up procedure includes verifying that the seal on the machine is unbroken and proofing the vote count (zeroes) and location of the machine. In order to hack thatf machine you must have access to THAT machine, you must have access to that machine.

So until you can tell me how "penetrating" the voter rolls can in any way influence the outcome of the election, I'll remain convinced that those "penetrations" reported are merely the SOS offices admitting that their digital security is inadequate. I'm guessing that these "penetrations" will be used at some point to ask for more funds "to protect voter rolls."

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

They may have placed fake news on Facebook and Twitter, and that's about it. It certainly didn't tip the balance of the election by any means.

Did they hack the DNC or Podesta's email? No.

Did they alter the outcome? Nope.

Was Seth Rich murdered for leaking? Probably. Almost certainly - at the hospital.

Did Trump's campaign collude with Russia in an effort to alter the outcome of the election? No.

Is the MSM in the pocket of creepy and evil "elite" sumbags? You bet.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join