It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump wants military parade in Washington

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

An Aussie? Who gives a damn what you think?

I don't.

lol... If you truly didn't care, then you wouldn't have felt it was even worth the energy you wasted tapping those few words out on your keyboard, to tell everyone about how much you don't give a damn.

Anyway... the whole idea sounds a little 'underdeveloped country mentality' to me.

The US doesn't need to publicly prove anything to anyone... They're already the undisputed most powerful military power in the world... The day they they feel they need to 'prove' it, by putting their military power on public display, is the day the rest of world starts to wonder if they have something to worry about...

Trumps already tarnished the US's perceived supremacy enough, by treating Kim Jong Un as a serious threat to the US on twitter!

A true confident leader of an all powerful nation, wouldn't even waste a few seconds of his day, to type out petty insults to the leader of a (supposedly) 3rd world nation... on twitter!

The point where I do comment on is watching Australia socially go down Mr. Crapper's invention, all the while ensuring it's security via the U.S. and it's 'weak leadership'. This current leader will back you up. Can you say with any certainty that Obama would?

Neither Obama or Bush, or any other US president in modern day history (for that matter), has allowed its most loyal ally to go without a US ambassador for over a year...

Its now past an incidental oversight and now literally becoming a diplomatic insult!

Or maybe its just clear evidence of how incompetent Trump is, when it comes to foreign relations...

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I'm sure Trump also wants to be the Grand Marshal and lead the parade too! Kiss me, hug me, and bow to me, lol. It's not about giving attention to America's military soldiers, it's about giving himself the attention and the display of fire power he controls. It's why countries who have dictators always have military parades.

I can hear it now..."there were millions of people present for "MY" military parade. Maybe now after this magnificent parade Kim Jong-Un now realizes I do have a bigger button." "It was an incredible, incredible parade."

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I am honestly not surprised to see people compare garbage collectors to those that have died or faced death for their country. Perhaps it's too many years since the last World War and people have just lost touch.
I agree on the police, though. Heroes too. They deserve recognition for the great and dangerous job that they do to save lives.

Sorry, but the military can't come any where near the importance of those garbage collectors.

The superiority of the US garbage collectors is the entire reason that Trump thinks those certain other nations are "S*holes" while America is not.

See? We can live without the military. Many nations have little in the way of military.

But without those garbage collectors, we become just another "S*hole" nation.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
Just cause other countries do it... my mother used to tell me, 'If Stevie Tougas jumped off the Lake Quinsigamond Bridge does that mean you have to?'
Well, Billy Joe MacAllister jumped off the Tallahatchie Bridge and everybody thought it was a big deal.
So there!

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The Demons have already said they will try to stop it.

STOPIT!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: xstealth
Liberals fall for the same thing over and over and over and over and over.
I donno man, it seems that the liberals are making mock of Cadet Heel Spurs and it is the conservative cadre that has the most to say.

Conservatives like Bill Krystal?

None of them had anything to say about the draft dodger Bill Clinton.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Greven

Seems like a waste of taxpayer dollars to me, or worse.

Worst was Obama's trillion dollar stimulus failure... Ya it wasn't a parade though I know...

This is off-topic and deflection.

Also, calling it a 'failure' is not accurate:

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Just went for a short ride to the grocery. NPR couldnt stop re-casting about this 'totalitarian' ordeal, the whole ride.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2
Lets see.....Russia does this , NK does this......I don't think we ever have. Not a great Idea.
why is ir not a good idea?

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I was thinking in terms of how many people were out of work, out of work so long they dropped off the unemployment numbers, and the much larger under employed who were people who loss a good paying job and had to take anything to feed their families. Add in the very high cost of living...remember meat as example? And you get about 6 years of a very large number of Americans that were really hurting.

Companies were not hiring and many were cutting back etc...but I guess all that is loss on so many now with their short term memory problems...lol

edit on 7-2-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I was thinking in terms of how many people were out of work, out of work so long they dropped off the unemployment numbers, and the much larger under employed who were people who loss a good paying job and had to take anything to feed their families. Add in the very high cost of living...remember meat as example? And you get about 6 years of a very large number of Americans that were really hurting.

Companies were not hiring and many were cutting back etc...but I guess all that is loss on so many now with their short term memory problems...lol

You seem to have forgotten that that downturn started before Obama was even elected.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

You seem to have forgotten that that downturn started before Obama was even elected.

Well no, I do know and lived though Reagan's, Clinton's and Bush's recessions and each of them had them under control within their first 1.5 years, but with Obama we went past 6, so was his so bad, or did he make bad decisions. Hard to suggest his was worst than Reagan's, so I'll side with he wasted a lot of money on things that really didn't help including not helping businesses much with anything as has been his normal practices.
edit on 7-2-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
When did we become the USP? The United States of Pussification? Kennedy had a parade of missiles during his inauguration. So did Eisenhower. What is the big deal?

We are the most powerful military in the world. it is not about insecurity as I have read in many MSM articles today. It is not about projection either. It is about letting people know we as a country are back.

When Bush said after 9/11 we must embrace Islam but then he bombed the hell out of them it started for me. You watched the US become weaker and weaker and in the end it was fighting itself with who it would back but still...weak. Weak leadership. We are back....

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
eh,nvm
edit on 3pmf28455928 by waftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I’m assuming most folks wanted a businessman in the White House so he could run the country like a business.
I’d like to see what the Return On Investment for this multi million dollar parade is expected to be.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
When did we become the USP? The United States of Pussification? Kennedy had a parade of missiles during his inauguration. So did Eisenhower. What is the big deal?

We are the most powerful military in the world. it is not about insecurity as I have read in many MSM articles today. It is not about projection either. It is about letting people know we as a country are back.

When Bush said after 9/11 we must embrace Islam but then he bombed the hell out of them it started for me. You watched the US become weaker and weaker and in the end it was fighting itself with who it would back but still...weak. Weak leadership. We are back....

I think it is about feeding the ego of one man and only one man. This is not about showing pride for the nation or the power it holds, he only wants to show the world that he is in charge and he has the biggest guns, planes...etc.

He is trying to use America's military power to make up for his small whatever he feels he is lacking and that is all.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: iferget
I’m assuming most folks wanted a businessman in the White House so he could run the country like a business.
I’d like to see what the Return On Investment for this multi million dollar parade is expected to be.

Yes, but's its unfortunate. They should have encouraged Trump to run decades ago when he was a real businessman.

Today, he's not much of a business man, he's dreaming of being a "state's man", hence his desire for a "Military Parade".

That's something no businessman would want.

The business man would ask where's the return on the investment in the cost of putting on such a show?

Just a waste of money.

We all thought Trump was "tough" and initially he seemed to be "cutting costs", like renegotiating lower prices for military planes etc..but all that's gone now.

He just wants to be "pampered" while in office, and have everybody around him "loyal" and "agreeable", and to show all foreign powers that his is bigger than theirs.

So, to North Korea's Rocket Man he tweets his Nuclear Button is bigger "and works" than Rocket man's tiny button.

A comment which Trump's "friends" claim was just a joke, and insiders get it.

But, then he goes to France and tells the French President he'll put on a bigger military parade to top the French one, so shows the same character again, and this time it's certainly not a joke, just an additional expense for the taxpayer.

I don't see any taxpayers laughing.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join