It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump wants military parade in Washington

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Utter nonsense. The "Liberal Veterans" group here has over 1100 members and they aren't speaking from the cheap seats.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth
Liberals fall for the same thing over and over and over and over and over.
I donno man, it seems that the liberals are making mock of Cadet Heel Spurs and it is the conservative cadre that has the most to say.
edit on 7-2-2018 by JohnnyCanuck because: yup

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

An Aussie? Who gives a damn what you think?

I don't.

lol... If you truly didn't care, then you wouldn't have felt it was even worth the energy you wasted tapping those few words out on your keyboard, to tell everyone about how much you don't give a damn.

Anyway... the whole idea sounds a little 'underdeveloped country mentality' to me.

The US doesn't need to publicly prove anything to anyone... They're already the undisputed most powerful military power in the world... The day they they feel they need to 'prove' it, by putting their military power on public display, is the day the rest of world starts to wonder if they have something to worry about...

Trumps already tarnished the US's perceived supremacy enough, by treating Kim Jong Un as a serious threat to the US on twitter!

A true confident leader of an all powerful nation, wouldn't even waste a few seconds of his day, to type out petty insults to the leader of a (supposedly) 3rd world nation... on twitter!

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Do you rail against ANZAC Day parades, too, or is it just forbidden for the evil US?
edit on 7-2-2018 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Military parades are a celebration of the military - the same military that allows you to wake up every morning and breathe freely. I know liberals hate the military but without them, you'd be living a very different, and significantly worse, life.

But, the cops help us wake up every morning too.

And so do the doctors and nurses, that save our lives.

And all the men and women that pick up the garbage we dump outside, help us to breathe "clean air".

Indeed, all the workers in every field contribute to the state of our lives everyday.

So, lets have a great big "worker day" celebration. The military can send a detachment to represent, as they are just one small part of a "Yuge" machine of human effort and endeavor.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

Do you rail against ANZAC Day parades, too, or is it just forbidden for the evil US?

Yeah... Because 94 year old WWII veterans being rolled down Swanston St in a wheelchair, as a sign of respect, is kind relevant to Trump purposing to show off the US's current military might off to the rest of the world... just in case they didn't know already.
edit on 7-2-2018 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

An expensive waste of tax payer dollars so this man can preen and swing his (proverbial) dick around and encourage like *cough small cough* minded (among other things) men to swing with him.

To paraphrase George Carlin there's a reason why weapons are shaped like penises.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Oh I do know and am aware of that they do drive these vehicles on roads. However, there are questions, first is that how thick are the roads that they will be driving down, what are they rated when it comes to the weight limits?

I was doing a bit of research and it makes sense, the roads on military bases, where such is used, the road is actually thicker and can support more weight. It is on a solid base, and ultimately up kept very carefully, as such heavy repeated use and rolling down can cause problems, like potholes.

Now once in a great while, yeah most can handle, but what if it is say 2 or 3 across, and several rows, on a road, in a city, built on swamp land, that is not used to or designed to handle military equipment, would that make a difference?

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
Having a military parade is one thing. Most of them do such on military bases, have air shows, and show up for the public.

But what the President is wanting, is a grand military parade, and similar to other countries. However there are a few things that should be noted.

If it were just troops in dress uniforms, that would be one thing, and would be fine, the cost would not be that bad. However, the President is also wanting military hardware as well in this parade, and that is going to make the cost skyrocket. And here is how it breaks down, first there is getting the military equipment there to the city, and the fuel to move it down the road. And as it is military equipment, it will require military troops there to guard said equipment. And that is just the movement and equipment. What also needs to be added into the cost, should also be the repairs that would be required to both public and private property from said military equipment moving through the streets.

So who is going to pay for all of this?

Mexico!!

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61

If you read the top of tweet this general is retired and probably a lifetime democrat.

No, I did read it...He was also a lifetime Military person who knows more than anyone else who the commander and chief is and why it is a civilian voted in office by the people, and whether he voted for that person or not he should still give the respect of the office at a minimum. He should also know that the President suggested it and the Military will decide if they think it is right or not, so I fail to see the whole banana republic comment...lol

Clapping...Did any lib actually listen to his speech? He said they would not clap to anything even really good news... all stone faced, negative energy etc. I agree they were playing a game...He said someone told him treasonous and smiling he said why not? with a smile and a hunch of the shoulder in a very joking manner I can't say he was serious even remotely...
But once again we see butt hurt with all of them as they instigated the whole thing with petty actions...

"No one will tell ME when to clap!!!!" How about keeping it simple and just telling these congresspersons that they suck... better?

edit on 7-2-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I am looking forward to a Military Parade!!

What's all the fuss about anyway?

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

"Mexico"

What a great one word answer!!!!

And they say a picture is worth a thousand words, not in this case...😁👍

:

MTUBY

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
So he says he wants to honor the military, and wants everybody to as well. At the cost of millions. Why not take those same millions and do something that would REALLY honor the military? Like improve the quality and reduce the cost of health care for military folks (no combat soldier should ever have one dime of medical care cost for the rest of their lives)? Or stop abusing the military with these constant absurd military adventures (that one is a bit problematic since he is by far not the first president to abuse the military in a disgusting manner, and now the damage is done)?

And of course the reason why not is obvious... he doesn't give a damn about honoring the military. As usual, his primary, if not sole, motive is his own aggrandizement.

What a waste of protein.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: UKTruth
Military parades are a celebration of the military - the same military that allows you to wake up every morning and breathe freely. I know liberals hate the military but without them, you'd be living a very different, and significantly worse, life.

But, the cops help us wake up every morning too.

And so do the doctors and nurses, that save our lives.

And all the men and women that pick up the garbage we dump outside, help us to breathe "clean air".

Indeed, all the workers in every field contribute to the state of our lives everyday.

So, lets have a great big "worker day" celebration. The military can send a detachment to represent, as they are just one small part of a "Yuge" machine of human effort and endeavor.

I am honestly not surprised to see people compare garbage collectors to those that have died or faced death for their country. Perhaps it's too many years since the last World War and people have just lost touch.
I agree on the police, though. Heroes too. They deserve recognition for the great and dangerous job that they do to save lives.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParkerCramer
a reply to: GuidedKill

"Mexico"

What a great one word answer!!!!

And they say a picture is worth a thousand words, not in this case...😁👍

:

MTUBY

ty ty

I'll be here all week, be sure to tip your waiter!!

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Trump supporters are always defending the man, I honestly feel bad for some of you guys.

Every thread, the same people posting page after page, using the same talking points from their red or blue tinted media stations, libtard this, 5770 dimensional chess, triggering the triggerables, stupid memes - it just seems like a massive waste of time

Trump supporters are responsible for who they elected, and I think in turn feel responsible to constantly defend him and try to correct his record

It's amusing watching the divide continue further, and how some continue to cheer on it because of partisanship. Murica.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Who cares about the cost? As taxpayers, we pay for so many unnecessary things. This isn't even a dent in the budget.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: nwtrucker

An Aussie? Who gives a damn what you think?

I don't.

lol... If you truly didn't care, then you wouldn't have felt it was even worth the energy you wasted tapping those few words out on your keyboard, to tell everyone about how much you don't give a damn.

Anyway... the whole idea sounds a little 'underdeveloped country mentality' to me.

The US doesn't need to publicly prove anything to anyone... They're already the undisputed most powerful military power in the world... The day they they feel they need to 'prove' it, by putting their military power on public display, is the day the rest of world starts to wonder if they have something to worry about...

Trumps already tarnished the US's perceived supremacy enough, by treating Kim Jong Un as a serious threat to the US on twitter!

A true confident leader of an all powerful nation, wouldn't even waste a few seconds of his day, to type out petty insults to the leader of a (supposedly) 3rd world nation... on twitter!

Nice spin, but it won't work. Personally, I'm ambivalent to the idea. Frankly, your entire post is spin, the includes your consideration on what a true leader is.

The point where I do comment on is watching Australia socially go down Mr. Crapper's invention, all the while ensuring it's security via the U.S. and it's 'weak leadership'. This current leader will back you up. Can you say with any certainty that Obama would?

I'd say you have far more things to address at home than whether a parade happens in D.C. or not.

So now NK is actually talking to SK. SK's leader credits Trump and his pressure for it.

At this juncture, it's questionable whether the U.S. should even bother backing that left wing, 'world community crowd' you've let take over down there.

So if you want a parade...or not, we couldn't care less. Get the idea...?

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Hitler had parades.

LGBTQ has parades.

Trump wants a parade.

Trump is a gay Hitler.

It all makes sense now.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Just cause other countries do it... my mother used to tell me, 'If Stevie Tougas jumped off the Lake Quinsigamond Bridge does that mean you have to?'

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join