It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's a Dud

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Everything over the past year has been a dud. Hillary is still free, so is Obama and Trump is still in office.

You are correct.

They will probably never be convicted of anything.

And the weaponized DOJ and FBI now belongs to the republicans.

They aren't going to give it up. They'll use it on Sanders, and Warren and any democrat that tries to run.

Welcome to our brave new world.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: M5xaz

Why are you making fun of those kindly folk who helped that old lady into a van?

Because the Munchkins thought she was dead and now I will have to tell them...

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I don't doubt it one bit, but let's not ignore the corruption on the other side as well. We seem to be getting sidetracked into blaming one side or the other when both sides at the top are on the same team, using their supposed "differences" to make us fight each other instead of the ones who are really in control.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Coincidence....right?

"Dud" is a commonly used word and thousands of media outlets are reporting on this. It makes sense you would find many using the term.

If you repeat it long enough, it rings true....right?

It is true. No matter what you call it.

I'm sure you would feel better if they called it a failure?

You can think for yourself.....right?

Yes, but there are only so many words in the English language and sometimes we have to use the same words that others also might find fitting.

This is social manipulation for identity politics wrapped up in the tiniest package I can imagine.

What? This has nothing to do with identity politics.

Did you just make that up, or are you using buzzwords and terms that you hear others use quite often and decided it sounded good...so you posted it?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

"Dud" is a commonly used word and thousands of media outlets are reporting on this. It makes sense you would find many using the term.

Using the same term to describe the same event en mass? Yea, sure Introvert.

Yes, but there are only so many words in the English language and sometimes we have to use the same words that others also might find fitting.

Are you insinuating that the media is dumbing itself down for its audience?

What? This has nothing to do with identity politics. Did you just make that up, or are you using buzzwords and terms that you hear others use quite often and decided it sounded good...so you posted it?

No? Nothing? Then why did you attack attack straight away instead of providing some sort of legitimate argument? It has everything to do with identity politics as the articles directly pertain to those who are squarely against Trump.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Why did you call it an 'event'? How many others have used the same term?

Are you listening to propaganda? Can't you think for yourself?

How on earth did that thought even come to your mind?

Again, there are only so many words in the English language. Unless we want to start creating words out of thin air, sometimes people are going to use the same ones.

No? Nothing? Then why did you attack attack straight away instead of providing some sort of legitimate argument?

Did you not read what I posted before that?

It has everything to do with identity politics as the articles directly pertain to those who are squarely against Trump.

Just being against Trump is not identity politics.

Jesus, you're regurgitating phrases you don't even know what it means.
edit on 6-2-2018 by introvert because: add: "?"

edit on 6-2-2018 by introvert because: add: "j"

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Why did you call it an 'event'? How many others have used the same term? Are you listening to propaganda? Can't you think for yourself?

I used the term event. Is it parroted throughout the media? Can you not see the difference?

Just being against Trump is not identity politics. Jesus, you're regurgitating phrases you don't even know what it means.

Yes, indeed it is.

It's cute how you really want to discredit my stance that the verbiage used is of no concern. Deflection need not apply.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I used the term event. Is it parroted throughout the media? Can you not see the difference?

Again, this is not a case of obvious propaganda. Sometimes a specific word is very fitting to certain situations. That is the case here.

Perhaps those people in the media also just decided to use the term, just as you decided to use the term "event".

And yes, the media uses the term "event" all the time.

Yes, indeed it is.

No. It is not. The article does not pertain to those squarely against Trump.

It's cute how you really want to discredit my stance that the verbiage used is of no concern. Deflection need not apply.

No need to deflect. Your stance is a #ing joke.

Notice how you passed over my comment about it being true? This is a dud, or a failure if it fits your sensibilities, and it doesn't matter what you call it.

Anyone that can read and a bit intelligent enough to understand context can see that this memo was a dud.

It does not say what many people thinks it says and trying to say the use of the word "dud" is proof of propaganda is laughable.
edit on 6-2-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I don't doubt it one bit, but let's not ignore the corruption on the other side as well. We seem to be getting sidetracked into blaming one side or the other when both sides at the top are on the same team, using their supposed "differences" to make us fight each other instead of the ones who are really in control.

No.
No one, NO ONE, in US HISTORY, has ever attempted to corrupt the top management of the DoJ, and the FBI to table incomplete/false information to the courts to intercept communications of a political opponent, and then, after the election use this same corruption to overthrow a duly elected President.

This is far far worse than Watergate
edit on 6-2-2018 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Why did you call it an 'event'? How many others have used the same term?

Are you listening to propaganda? Can't you think for yourself?

How on earth did that thought even come to your mind?

Again, there are only so many words in the English language. Unless we want to start creating words out of thin air, sometimes people are going to use the same ones.

No? Nothing? Then why did you attack attack straight away instead of providing some sort of legitimate argument?

Did you not read what I posted before that?

It has everything to do with identity politics as the articles directly pertain to those who are squarely against Trump.

Just being against Trump is not identity politics.

Jesus, you're regurgitating phrases you don't even know what it means.

It's not a dud.

The just released Grassley information confirms what was in the Nunes memo.

But, go ahead, deflect, and speak to the world of your ignorance of facts.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

It's not a dud. The just released Grassley information confirms what was in the Nunes memo. But, go ahead, deflect, and speak to the world of your ignorance of facts.

If the memo wasn't a dud, why did they need another info release to confirm or deny any of it?

You prove my point.

Edit: And I'm beginning to wonder if you guys know what the word "deflect" means. How can I be deflecting when I am directly addressing the topic?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

When did I ever dispute that? All I'm saying is that letting that idea cloud your judgement about your own side isn't doing you any favors. I'm sure you feel just a strongly about Democrats as others do about Trump, that extremism is making people ignore both sides of the story and only listen to theirs.

I would say don't fall into the trap but it seems you already have. Both sides are corrupt, don't let bias blind you from that fact.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Maybe you should blame all the people calling it a bombshell? When they don't explode they are called duds.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
Maybe you should blame all the people calling it a bombshell? When they don't explode they are called duds.

Excellent point. A quick google search shows the term "bombshell" was used many times as well, in regards to the memo.

www.google.com...
It even pops up as an option for predictive searches on google.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

No. It is not. The article does not pertain to those squarely against Trump.

Then to whom does it pertain if not those squarely against Trump? Given all available information, this indeed is propaganda.

No need to deflect. Your stance is a #ing joke.

Try again. Perhaps with more substance?

Although I have to ask, if it is as you say, why can't you seem to build an argument against it?

Anyone that can read and a bit intelligent enough to understand context can see that this memo was a dud.

Headlines maybe, certainly not substantial text.

It does not say what many people thinks it says and trying to say the use of the word "dud" is proof of propaganda is laughable.

On, perhaps two or three sources would be easily dismissed, granted. However, that is not the case.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Why did you call it an 'event'? How many others have used the same term? Are you listening to propaganda? Can't you think for yourself?

Just being against Trump is not identity politics. Jesus, you're regurgitating phrases you don't even know what it means.

Yes, indeed it is.

JinMi,

Don't worry too much about Introvert.
Rarely responds with facts, references or citations to any post
Pulls stuff out of her ass and deflects

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Then to whom does it pertain if not those squarely against Trump? Given all available information, this indeed is propaganda.

It pertains to the memo, but directed at those that would want to read about such a thing.

Try again. Perhaps with more substance?

Although I have to ask, if it is as you say, why can't you seem to build an argument against it?

I did. Pretty simple concept as well.

Not my problem if you see things (propaganda) where it doesn't exist.

Headlines maybe, certainly not substantial text.

The text of the memo was crap as well. Proved nothing whatsoever.

On, perhaps two or three sources would be easily dismissed, granted. However, that is not the case.

Ok. What is the magic number it passed to become propaganda?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

Yes, indeed it is.

JinMi,

Don't worry too much about Introvert.
Rarely responds with facts, references or citations to any post
Pulls stuff out of her ass and deflects

If JinMi's argument was worth a damn, he wouldn't have to have backup from someone such as yourself to step in with the ad hom logical fallacies to encourage them.

link   

It's not a dud. The just released Grassley information confirms what was in the Nunes memo. But, go ahead, deflect, and speak to the world of your ignorance of facts.

If the memo wasn't a dud, why did they need another info release to confirm or deny any of it?

You prove my point.

Edit: And I'm beginning to wonder if you guys know what the word "deflect" means. How can I be deflecting when I am directly addressing the topic?

Prove your point ?
Yes, I prove you do not know what deflect means:

Definition of deflect
transitive verb
: to turn (something) aside especially from a straight answer, deflecting attention from the pont at hand, deflect a question

The Grassley memo, which you obviously have not heard of, let alone read, provides new information not in the original memo and confirms coordination between the extended Clinton circle and the Obama administration in the effort to damage then-candidate Trump.

In case you don't know, and clearly you don't, political candidates in normal democracies have no say in drafting FISA intercepts against their opponents.

link   

You prove my point.

Prove your point ?
Yes, I prove you do not know what deflect means:

Definition of deflect
transitive verb
: to turn (something) aside especially from a straight answer, deflecting attention from the point at hand, deflect a question

The Grassley memo, which you obviously have not heard of, let alone read, provides new information not in the original memo and confirms coordination between the extended Clinton circle and the Obama administration in the effort to damage then-candidate Trump.

In case you don't know, and clearly you don't, political candidates in normal democracies have no say in drafting FISA intercepts against their opponents.
edit on 6-2-2018 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join