It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object heading SE over the west coast

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
so im not sure if this is the right place but did anyone else just see what looked abit like a rocket with a plume flying SE over the west coast? its odd cause when i first saw this i thought it was a star being diffused by light clouds or haze but the haziness or plume kept winking out then reappearing. as i watched another satellite came in heading south that crossed by it aswell. very interesting and almost looked like a rocket out of control. went by right at 6:30pm
edit on 6-2-2018 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

Just saw it over the Bay area headed southeast. Totally looked like a rocket with a plume to me.
edit on 2/6/18 by Cyprex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cyprex

Just saw it over the Bay area headed southeast. Totally looked like a rocket with a plume to me.

did it appear to tumble for u. for me it was a bright light then a plume would appear to envelope it then it would go back to the bright light and so on. kinda like it was tumbling end over end

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Either Musk in action or a meteor(ite) . There is a boatload of NEOs coming by.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I have no idea about their timeframe or where they land them, but could it be any part of the Falcon Heavy returning?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Two people here have already corroborated an event?

There will be video...

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: CalibratedZeus
I have no idea about their timeframe or where they land them, but could it be any part of the Falcon Heavy returning?

id imagine not. i believe anything that returns has to do so long before reaching orbital speeds. once they reach that they are screwed cause they have no shielding to withstand the heat of reentry. my best guess is they launched something out of vandenberg. who knows but im sure something will pop up about it

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CalibratedZeus

I have no idea about their timeframe or where they land them

About two and a half minutes after liftoff, the two outer boosters of the rocket broke away and returned to Earth. The pair then touched down just seconds apart on SpaceX’s two ground landing pads at the Cape called Landing Zone 1 and Landing Zone 2.

Source

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

The center booster broke their drone ship bad a few minutes later.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

my best guess is they launched something out of vandenberg

If you think it was flying SE out of Vandenberg, you must be (where?)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop

my best guess is they launched something out of vandenberg

If you think it was flying SE out of Vandenberg, you must be (where?)

im in northern california. it seemed to have an odd trajectory though like it was really high already. i also saw the launch a few years back out of san diego and that was clear as day from northern california even before it reached the vacuum of space. this looked quite abit different though. just a plume localized right around the light itself unlike the other launch where i could see the entire track the rocket took and where it reached the vacuum of space as the plume expanded dramatically and even saw the separate stages go off flinging debris everywhere. this was kind of a hazy smudge of something slowly progressing SE

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

The launch that was scheduled for today was postponed.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

its a mystery then

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Video on Twitter...

Sorry picture...
twitter.com...
edit on 6 by tiredoflooking because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

The time is about right for the Tesla to start heading to Mars. They were planning for five to six hours after launch.
edit on 2/6/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The time is about right for the Tesla to start heading to Mars. They were planning for five to six hours after launch.

would explain the odd plume and visual of it cause it did appear very high. got lucky and went out to check my mail at the right time today. thnx for the headsup

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

That is it, thanks!!

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Looks like the stream from the car ended just after the engines fired to send it out on its way. Too bad, that was a lot of fun to watch.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Im in N Cali, and I missed it!

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

That seems reasonable, confirmation ought to come quickly.

Congrats o everybody who saw and reported.

Please try to report directions and motions in greater detail, describing initial estimated azimuth/elevation and directional motion from that point, and precise observer location and time. And especially estimated DURATION of the plume cone event.
edit on 6-2-2018 by JimOberg because: typo

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join