It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is going to get a Grand Jury Supoena IMO

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

He told us he fired Comey because of the Russia investigation. He told the Russian spies he invited into the oval office that firing "That Nut Job Comey" took the pressure off him.
You can ignore these facts if you like but it's perilous to do so. you are going to be seriously disappointed in the end. Everybody agreed he obstructed justice except the 33%.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Speaking of special kind of stupid...

It appears on cue...

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: RadioRobert

Boy I wonder if William Jefferson Clinton knew this? It would have made his impeachment hearing so much easier if he could have limited Ken Stars scope of questions.

Bill Clinton chose to testify instead of assert his rights. You saw how that played out. He also resisted a simple interview first, and they were unable/unwilling to come to terms.

Where did you hear that Hillary had such an arrangement or are you making that part up?

I'm sure with your record of accuracy you are already aware of this before opining.
edit on 8-2-2018 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I think you may be confused on what facts are Silly.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

The problem with Perjury, is one would have to prove that the President deliberately lied. But beyond that, if the man commits perjury, that would warrant what? A slap on the wrist, in short at most a censure from the Congress telling him not to do that again.

But it would have to be something far more to remove a sitting President. After all, no one in congress ever tells the whole truth, and often, even under oath, will give vague answers.

Or is the truth being that Trump can't control his tongue and would really get himself into trouble by revealing far worse than what is suspected?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

So, again, would Mueller be willing to offer immunity to Trump in exchange for his/your hypothetical testimony "about other people". And if not, why not?

ETA: note that immunity orders from judges are contingent on truthful testimony.
edit on 8-2-2018 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: whywhynot

No he doesnt. Her have shut this thing down a year ago if that was even remotely true.
He doesn't not have the authority to end the investigation.

Oh yes he does he definitely does so have that power. There you go a silly type reply.

You not only don’t read the posts but you also don’t read the links to the facts in the posts.

Unwilling to research to find the truth? What is that called?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Unfortunately immunity would not come into play when it comes to Trump. The man can not be indicted so readily, as he does have some immunity. There is the DOJ standard that it will not indict a sitting president, while some of the best legal minds in the country state that a sitting president could be indicted. However, it will not be by Mueller. He does not have that authority to do such, or even prosecute such, he is a Special Investigator, and thus has to follow the policies from those above him.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Well, you just said that he is only being asked questions about others that couldn't possibly incriminate him so what harm would an immunity deal do?

Trump could certainly be indicted. The fact noone sitting has been indicted by tradition does not stop Justice from indicating if that was their wish. There'd be a brouhaha all the way to the SCOTUS, but don't imagine he can't be.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Trump could not be indicted by Mueller. He has to get permission to do such from his boss, who would then have to get permission from Sessions. There are standing rules, that not even Mueller is going to violate. He is only a Special Prosecutor, and not an Independent investigator. There is a bit difference between the 2 positions. Mueller has to go with DOJ rules and regulations, not on what he just wants to do. Everything he wants to do, the people he talks to is approved of by his boss.

And even if he did, then it would be a good year before it would even pan out, as the White House lawyers and Trumps attorneys would argue it in Federal Courts, then it would go up to the US Supreme Court and they would have to make the final decision.

In this case I believe they would use the Constitution and it would go back to the Congress, as the only remedy for such a case, and that would fall under Impeaching the President. But by the time that Mueller is ready to do such, his report would be completed, and thus would have to be presented to the Congress for their review of this case.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
trump cannot be granted immunity from charges, because no one is above the law....if trump was, the U.S. would become a dictatorship at that point.....that's why the supreme court WILL NOT grant immunity....it's pretty simple folks, but keep up the BS

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

How old were you then?

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

How old was I when Hillary and her team of lawyers met with the FBI that you implied I made up because you didn't know about it? About a year younger than I am now.
edit on 10-2-2018 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

When Bill Clinton was impeached.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I was old enough to drink-- that's all the ammunition I'm giving you! You can't ask old people about their age! Haha

Or in the words of dear old Ron:
"I will not make age an issue of this campaign. I am not going to exploit, for political purposes, my opponent's youth and inexperience"

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

U do know if he was subpoena, which he won't be because of the redefinition and authority of a special counsel from an independent counsel, he could plead the 5th and Mueller can't trap him into anything unrelated. So why waste your time on nonsense that will never happen? Move on dude.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

trump cannot be granted immunity from charges, because no one is above the law....

People are granted immunity all the time. Even pardoned.

The point is despite you guys trying to paint this as a simple interview "about other people" and denying he has 5th amendment protections because of that, they won't offer use immunity because they want to him to incriminate himself by his testimony. If he wasn't able to incriminate himself via testimony, there'd be no reason to not offer use immunity.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join