It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is going to get a Grand Jury Supoena IMO

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

His lawyers will tell him to pull a Lois Lerner and just refuse to answer. I know I wouldn't say anything on record to anyone regardless of my situation.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: JinMI

Between firing Comey the meeting in trump tower the cover story concocted on air force one just as a start I'd say he has ample reason to talk to him.

Sounds like you're of the opinion that there was some obstruction going on. So where exactly was Comey involved in the investigation?

The Part where Trump asked him to drop the Flynn investigation and he didn't.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

His lawyers will tell him to pull a Lois Lerner and just refuse to answer. I know I wouldn't say anything on record to anyone regardless of my situation.

Trump pleading the 5th might be where this lands.

It would be a damaging PR move for him and the GOP though.
His core 25-30% wouldn't abandon him, but he'd lose the rest and take a significant chunk of the GOP who have lashed themselves to his boat with him.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

BTW - I would be curious as to why you thought Congress signed off on Mueller's several dozen Subpoena's thus far? Do you have a link? Or did you come up with that on your own?

www.washingtonpost.com...

My appologies, I misread this. Only Congressional cmte chairs can subpoena any reports Mueller provides the Justice Department which the DOJ decides to not provide directly to Congress. I misread that entirely, my bad.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Lots of people STILL have not figured out the strategy 😆

Don't look now Clyde, but there are trees in that forest ☸

👑🤘👑

You guys keeping claiming 3D chess while most people see dumpster fire.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

So please, inform me as to what he did for the investigation and how his removal (which is completely within the PotUS' power) hindered or obstructed justice.

Here is a link you can refer to:
www.law.cornell.edu...

"I hope you can let this go." is the statement Comey claims Trump said (Trump denies). That's the evidence. In it's entirety.

Good luck!

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

BTW - I would be curious as to why you thought Congress signed off on Mueller's several dozen Subpoena's thus far? Do you have a link? Or did you come up with that on your own?

www.washingtonpost.com...

My appologies, I misread this. Only Congressional cmte chairs can subpoena any reports Mueller provides the Justice Department which the DOJ decides to not provide directly to Congress. I misread that entirely, my bad.

No worries.

Of relevant note though:

Any of Mueller's conclusions like Criminal Indictments or Referrals to Congress suggesting impeachment have to be approved by Rosenstein first.

That means after all of this, Mueller can hand over an impeachment referral for Congress and Rosenstein can veto and no one would (theoretically) ever know the outcome of the investigation. Ditto for any charges. Rosenstein OKed the indictments we have thus far. Subpoena's though are the Grand Jury's prerogative.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: JinMI

Between firing Comey the meeting in trump tower the cover story concocted on air force one just as a start I'd say he has ample reason to talk to him.

Sounds like you're of the opinion that there was some obstruction going on. So where exactly was Comey involved in the investigation?

If were going to use AF1 meetings as basis for question answering, will we see something from Lynch and ol' Billy?

Ha!Now wouldn't that be interesting!

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

You need to reread Clinton v Jones.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

To that end, since the Russian collusion narrative has completely been sidelined and this is now admittedly no longer a dredging operation into whether Donald Trump was kibitzing with Russia to help get elected, why hasn't Jeff Sessions unrecused himself and taken his rightful place in this process as the sitting AG over Rosenstein?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

So please, inform me as to what he did for the investigation and how his removal (which is completely within the PotUS' power) hindered or obstructed justice.

Here is a link you can refer to:
www.law.cornell.edu...

"I hope you can let this go." is the statement Comey claims Trump said (Trump denies). That's the evidence. In it's entirety.

Good luck!

Certainly that would not be cause on it's own, but the evidence for an obstruction case has grown significantly since then.

The whole article is worth a read.

It's a former Federal Prosecutor that had specialized in Obstruction Cases.
He used to have your opinion when Comey was fired.

It’s Now Likely Mueller Thinks Trump Obstructed Justice
www.politico.com...

The case against Trump has grown stronger in recent months, and it now appears likely that Mueller will conclude that Trump obstructed justice.

That has not always been true. On June 8, 2017, soon after former FBI director James Comey testified before the Senate Intelligence Committee, I told the New York Times, “Based only on what we know now in public, a reasonable prosecutor might bring this case against an ordinary person, but a prudent prosecutor would want more facts before bringing this case against a president.”

I was cautious about whether Mueller could prove that Trump obstructed justice because the president clearly had the power to fire Comey if he chose to do so. Even assuming that a jury—or the United States Senate, which would serve as the jury in an impeachment proceeding—believed Comey’s testimony, they could nonetheless conclude that Trump did not act “corruptly” in asking Comey to drop the Flynn investigation or in firing Comey, as the law requires.

Impeding or influencing an FBI investigation is a crime only if it is done with “corrupt” intent—in other words, the intent to wrongfully impede the administration of justice. In my experience, proving a defendant’s intent without direct evidence—that is, without statements by the defendant that directly reveal his or her intent—is challenging.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

To that end, since the Russian collusion narrative has completely been sidelined and this is now admittedly no longer a dredging operation into whether Donald Trump was kibitzing with Russia to help get elected, why hasn't Jeff Sessions unrecused himself and taken his rightful place in this process as the sitting AG over Rosenstein?

The obvious answer is because the Trump Campaign which Sessions was a part of is still very much the subject of the investigation. With 4 indictments and 2 cooperating witnesses of former Trump Staff, it would be a difficult spin to claim otherwise.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

If we're to use recent history as an indication, we should expect Trump to be questioned. Anywhere that's comfortable for him, while NOT under oath and have a person who is in his corner just take notes instead of record it.

This fishing trip is long overdue for a bite.

And.... tear up the notes when finished, like Hillary's laptops were destroyed.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

The obvious answer is because the Trump Campaign which Sessions was a part of is still very much the subject of the investigation. With 4 indictments and 2 cooperating witnesses of former Trump Staff, it would be a difficult spin to claim otherwise.

Alrighty, explain why Rod Rosenstein isn't recused when his own wife not only worked for the Hillary campaign, not only has served as legal representation for Robert Mueller 3 times in blocking FOIA requests in court, but also worked as a legal counsel for Hillary Clinton on 17 different occasions? The man sitting in Sessions' stead is every bit as compromised in this whole sham as Sessions is argued to have been.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

If we're to use recent history as an indication, we should expect Trump to be questioned. Anywhere that's comfortable for him, while NOT under oath and have a person who is in his corner just take notes instead of record it.

This fishing trip is long overdue for a bite.

And.... tear up the notes when finished, like Hillary's laptops were destroyed.

BUT HILLARY!!!!

Lord...The Hillary Obsession is DEEP with you guys.

I am going to market a new drug for the condition of HRC-OCD.

"Can't help but spurt the words ...BUT HILLARY..during unrelated political discussions? Now there is Lockeruperine! Taken twice daily it makes you sound like a sane person again.
Warning: May cause you to objectively discuss politics"

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I went through the article, then checked their sources. You know what stood out? Not one reliable source. All anonymous. Does that make your argument moot? Not exactly, however, I hope you notice the trend.

Now, so the person in the Politico article is claiming that Mueller will be able to paint the picture of intent via past behaviors of Trump. However, and this is important; how did firing Comey obstruct justice? I pointed to the statutes above.

Comey was the director of the FBI. Not an agent, not in charge of the investigation or operating in the context all by his own admission.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

FYI, my argument isn't a "but Hillary" argument, it is a "the foxes are in charge of the hens" argument. You simply cannot put Clinton loyal people in charge of an investigation against the man she hates above all others, not after that election and certainly not after all the examples of "smear Trump at whatever the cost" we've seen coming from that particular has-been's camp.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Alrighty, explain why Rod Rosenstein isn't recused when his own wife not only worked for the Hillary campaign, not only has served as legal representation for Robert Mueller 3 times in blocking FOIA requests in court, but also worked as a legal counsel for Hillary Clinton on 17 different occasions? The man sitting in Sessions' stead is every bit as compromised in this whole sham as Sessions is argued to have been.

When Did she work for HILLARY!!!
????

Link please?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

However, and this is important; how did firing Comey obstruct justice? I pointed to the statutes above.

Comey was the director of the FBI. Not an agent, not in charge of the investigation or operating in the context all by his own admission.

A) Comey had the ability to end an investigation. Thus the ask to "Let Flynn Go"
B) Obstructing Justice does not have to be successful, intent is all that matters. Obviously nobody would ever get charged with obstructing justice if they actually DID obstruct justice. Justice would have been successfully obstructed.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

That is all you have.

Sorry if I giggle at you.

Oops.

It was a full blown laugh.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join