It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The DREAM Act and DACA meet The Art of the Deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The DREAM Act has been around for a decade in different iterations. Immigration policy has needed a revision for multiple decades. We have seen the videos. How many politicians who are now calling immigration policy racist or xenophobic ran or were elected on that platform. To build a secure border? The last 3 presidents as well as our friends McCain and Graham. They ran on the premise they would fix it and it was all a ruse. It is exposed for all to see now. They have even approved a wall but the 'funds' went elsewhere when it was time to appropriate them.

Now we are on the verge of a true change in American Immigration Policy. Personally, I think they should stop all immigration for 2 years and get it all sorted out. The stories of people here for decades who are now getting deported are hitting the media daily but if you are here for 30 years and never become a citizen...why are you here?

Link

A real deal has to be made that is beneficial to the US as well as those who want to come to America to make it great again.

So, let's look at how to get a deal done. It has been over a year now.....

1. Think Big - I want a wall...I want someone else to pay for it. it will be the best. It will be huge. It will be on the forefront of technology and built to last not to be replaced. We heard it on the trail. We read it in the tweets. Go BIG or go home.....

2. Protect the downside and the upside will take care of itself - In the end, the wall, chain migration and the lottery are all not optional. This is what Trump is protecting us from. The downside is nothing is done that is asked and immigration is allowed.

3. Maximize the options - How many deals have been put forward? The DNC was going to let the government shut down because of it. Trump actually offered a path to citizenship that a lot of supporters did not like but did not understand. It is technique. Options are given and THEN they will be taken away....DNC is going to learn this in less than a month.

4. Know your market - He knows these politicians. He has been around them his whole like. He has donated to so many you lose count. However, knowing who they are, how they act/react and where their loyalty lies, well, that has all been shown in the last year. We know where the DNC and the RINO's stand.

5. Use your leverage - March 5th...tick tock

6. Enhance your location - well, this does not really apply but basically, as far as the wall goes, there is no compromise. It will be a full border wall.

7. Get the word out - TWEET!!!!!! as well as Sarah Sanders.

8. Fight back - well, I think we have all seen this on the issue. Media...Washington...elected officials...Trump is NOT backing down.

9. Deliver the goods - Now, he already offered the path to citizenship and the wall prototypes are down. The ball is in the court of the DNC...

10. Contain the cost - the leading person in the deal to build the wall has already stated that they can bring it in under. Will it happen, who knows but they are using all american equipment and resources. I am sure Trump will not allow his administration to over pay for the wall.

11. Have fun - Sorry, but if you do not like reading his tweets and wondering if Chucky is smashing his head against his desk, well, you are missing out.

Trump gave them till March 6th. Then DACA will be over and all those protected will be unprotected. The DREAM Act will not come to fruition and where will those who oppose Trump be able to stand on immigration?

This is the Art of the Deal applied to politics. It works. It is they who are not used to it that are scrambling because they are so used to getting their way in back door deals and subsidies for their states or own pockets.

edit on Febpm28pmf0000002018-02-06T17:45:02-06:000502 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on Febpm28pmf0000002018-02-06T17:46:49-06:000549 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Don't ya just hate that?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
S&F! Great post.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Yeah....glad someone else understands....

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Well, I was trying to include as much information as some of our other thread creators...

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I say to the democrats give Trump his wall. They have to understand if they want to be able to dismantle the wall then they have to win in 2018.

As of now another shut down will not only deny the dreamers their dream but also lose in 2018.

If they listen to the radicals, they will lose for the dreamers and the election.

It is just that simple...

Politics is about compromise, unless you have the votes and the power

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
This is it in action....

Lin k

“What makes them act is pressure,” Mr Kelly said of Congress.

I am just wondering what the next move will be from McConnell and Ryan...we know where McCain stands.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I say to the democrats give Trump his wall. They have to understand if they want to be able to dismantle the wall then they have to win in 2018.

As of now another shut down will not only deny the dreamers their dream but also lose in 2018.

If they listen to the radicals, they will lose for the dreamers and the election.

It is just that simple...

Politics is about compromise, unless you have the votes and the power

Right? Are they idiots? The deal they've been offered is actually very good for them. 1.8 million new Democrat voters for a relatively cheap wall that they say won't work anyway. It's not gonna cost them any votes, it's a blip on the radar of the budget. It's a win-win for them.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I love how the President is tying DACA to Border Security. The crazy thing is that everyone in the media and Congress is unaware of the Federal Judge's January order that makes the March 5th DACA deadline set by the President, null and void.
www.npr.org...

And naturally, President Trump is not going to bring that up. That 3/5/2018 deadline is a key deadline to force negotiations along.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Lol, I like that. Good analysis.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That judge's decision won't stand up to an appeal. DACA was created by executive order. It is fully within Trump's authority to end it.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The DNC is trying to do what they have always done and it is not working. Trump GAVE them the winning hand and they tried to bluff him. Really? This guy backs down from nothing. Ever. DACA is already down. It is no more. There are federal filings to stop them from not protecting illegals but Trump can end it whenever he wants to.

They F'd up royally this time...

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

That judge's decision won't stand up to an appeal. DACA was created by executive order. It is fully within Trump's authority to end it.

Will that judge's decision be overturned in the next 30 days...before March 5th?

If not, then there is NO March 5th deadline. Correct?
edit on 2/6/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

It does not make it null and void. It is something to try to tie it up in courts. Trump has already rescinded the EO. He gave congress six months to come up with a plan. DACA was The DREAM Act in an EO form because it could never be passed after multiple attempts.

Link to CNN-Fake News!!!!

"As I've said before, we will resolve the DACA issue with heart and compassion -- but through the lawful Democratic process -- while at the same time ensuring that any immigration reform we adopt provides enduring benefits for the American citizens we were elected to serve,"

Trump said. "We must also have heart and compassion for unemployed, struggling and forgotten Americans." Later, Trump told reporters he feels compassion for those affected, but "long term it's going to be the right solution." "I have a great heart for these folks we're talking about. A great love for them and people think in terms of children but they're really young adults. I have a love for these people and hopefully now Congress will be able to help them and do it properly," he said ahead of a meeting on tax reform.

The administration also announced a plan to continue renewing permits for anyone whose status expires in the next six months, giving Congress time to act before any currently protected individuals lose their ability to work, study and live without fear in the US.

They also said they would allow people to still renew. He did it so perfectly come March 5th there is NO ONE else to blame but the DNC House and Senate.
edit on Febpm28pmf0000002018-02-06T20:03:08-06:000808 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

The act when passed circumvented Congress. The judge is grandstanding and it will be ended. I would not be surprised if this was decided in the end in the Supreme Court this summer.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I'm going to be blunt.

Democrats don't like DACA or Dreamers. They like their votes.

That's it.

Democrats want open borders, they want terrorists and MS-13 gang members here so they can get people afraid and reliant on government.

Democrats want millions here on the dole so they can tax more and have more reliant on government.

Democrats want the US of A a cesspool so they can "take care" of the problem that they created.

I'd also like to add most scumbag republicans into the group as well.

/fin

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I love how the President is tying DACA to Border Security. The crazy thing is that everyone in the media and Congress is unaware of the Federal Judge's January order that makes the March 5th DACA deadline set by the President, null and void.
www.npr.org...

And naturally, President Trump is not going to bring that up. That 3/5/2018 deadline is a key deadline to force negotiations along.

And that was a ridiculously stupid attempt to solidify an executive order. When the SCOTUS overrules it, DACA will be dead for good. Lib's should have kept their mouth shut, encouraged dreamers to take action while there was still time, and produced proper bi-partisan legislation regarding DACA.

They shot themselves in the foot with this, and if SCOTUS rules in the summer? Well something tells me there will be several political ads pointing out exactly what I said.

(D) screwed the pooch bigly.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
if you are here for 30 years and never become a citizen...why are you here?

Idunno: free stuff? free healthcare? free education? free welfare? free food stamps?

Idunno: no taxes?

Idunno: no laws to obey cause you've already broken so many it doesn't matter to you?

Whatever happened to the rules on Bounty Hunting? I'm gonna have to go look that up. Why isn't there a bounty on illegals?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Trump haters will continue to hate Trump regardless.

So when the 2M 'eligibles' realize they missed out on their best chance, they'll start cannibalizing the establishment Dems for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Pelosi/Schumer have no idea what they have unleashed.

Be prepared for a whole new level of crazy. Things are only just getting started.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

The act when passed circumvented Congress. The judge is grandstanding and it will be ended. I would not be surprised if this was decided in the end in the Supreme Court this summer.

Ok thanks for clarifying it from a legal standpoint.

What's really crazy is that President Trump is now offering twice the number of "paths to citizenship" that the Democrats shut the government down over. They couldn't get 900,000, so the government was shut down. Trump is now offering this to 1.8 million DACA immigrants.

He (Trump) said at the Republican Retreat that he offered 1.8 million paths, just to see if the Democrats were serious about DACA continuance. He then stated that since the Dims are balking at that number, it proves that they don't really care about DACA immigrants. They just don't want Republicans to have another WIN.

top topics

join