It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems set Trump trap? -Source says FISA rebuttal memo loaded with sensitive details

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
"Sources" say that the Democrat "Rebuttal" Memo is loaded with classified stuff and Trump won't release it in full.

Could be a fantastic tactic to blame Republicans for more political posturing.

The newest "Memo" is waiting for publishing as we speak.

All Republicans involved voted "Yes" to allow the Democrat Memo to be "seen" in public.

There's "Bait" and then there's "Bait" as they say 😄

Dems set Trump trap? Source says FISA rebuttal memo loaded with sensitive details

The Democratic rebuttal to a highly publicized GOP memo alleging government surveillance abuse is filled with sensitive details, a source told Fox News – claiming this was done intentionally to pressure the White House to either block the memo’s release or significantly redact it.

The claim comes after the House Intelligence Committee voted Monday to approve the release of the Democratic document.

"We think this will help inform the public of the many distortions and inaccuracies in the majority memo," California Rep. Adam Schiff, the top Democrat on the panel, told reporters.

Tickie the Rabbit has seen the Dem Memo

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Simply another nail in the coffin of these deceitful politicians.

I hope that Trump and his team dismantle it and break it down for the public to see exactly how underhanded these scumbags are.
edit on America/ChicagoTuesdayAmerica/Chicago02America/Chicago228pmTuesday4 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Edit.
edit on 6-2-2018 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Does this really make sense it was passed unamously and given to the Intel communities.

Was it good to be transparent with the nines memo now it's not?

Shouldn't we be for releasing the information the memos are based on anyway.

Seems like total BS.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I wouldnt be surprised if this is true.

I would let the FBI look at it, and go by whatever suggestions they have. Then any redactions arent trumps fault, but the fbi.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I would let the FBI look at it, and go by whatever suggestions they have. Then any redactions arent trumps fault, but the fbi.

Lol this is truly hilarious. So now you are not for the information to be released that would explain the memo.

Schiff told reporters Monday evening that the committee also agreed to send the Democratic memo to the FBI and Justice Department to play a role in the Executive Branch approval process.

So do we see the methods and data or just except everyone's word for it?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Lol this is truly hilarious. So now you are not for the information to be released that would explain the memo.

Schiff told reporters Monday evening that the committee also agreed to send the Democratic memo to the FBI and Justice Department to play a role in the Executive Branch approval process.

What are you talking about?

If it was up to me, I would want it all released tomorrow.

I am saying Trump should not redact anything over what the FBI does.

I hope the FBI does not redact anything, in fact I hope they release all of the intel.

They wont even leave congress see it though, so you can bet they dont want the public to see it.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I hope the FBI does not redact anything, in fact I hope they release all of the intel.

They wont even leave congress see it though, so you can bet they dont want the public to see it.

So who cares then let trump unclassify the information doesn't he have that power?

Or is this whole thing a political cherade?

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
They are simply out of options, and as I told my wife, it's like watching a drowning person trying to grab anything to hold onto before finally going down. They are on their last legs. REACHING. And although it looks like a branch, it was just light drift wood.

We were watching Hannity the other night and Nunes was on there. He said something that I caught, but Sean didn't.

I'm paraphrasing slightly because I looked for the video and didn't find this specifically, but he said there were over 100 classified leaks out of the Intel committee and he was smiling when he said it. He knows exactly how many there have been, right off the top of his head.

Everyone knows it was Shciff, and I would bet a Ben Franklin that Nunes has already opened up an investigation on where the leaks were coming from. I'd also bet an additional Ben on the fact that the FBI has been investigating this on an ongoing basis. All they need is to subpoena Schiff's text messages based on the fact that every time he leaves the room, CNN has more information from the classified setting.

Nunes was smiling, because I would bet even one more Ben that the last memos were a complete sting to get Schiff to do it again, while the FBI was watching. Just way too tempting a "present"....

Releasing classified materials lands you in jail, Mr Schiff. I'm thinking you better tidy up your personal life, you might be gone for awhile.

See, I thought this whole affair was going to be fun, yet not THIS much fun!!

To quote Q, these people really are stupid.

Fred..

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
How bout Trump reading the rebuttal. Live.

Surely one would stroke.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

trump should release the Dems memo in full - no redactions, no amendments. If this allegation turns out to be true insofar that the memo is laced with legalese 'gotchas', then it will simply reinforce what most already know - the Democrats are corrupt, deceptive and desperate.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

trump should release the Dems memo in full - no redactions, no amendments. If this allegation turns out to be true insofar that the memo is laced with legalese 'gotchas', then it will simply reinforce what most already know - the Democrats are corrupt, deceptive and desperate.

Sadly some people think it's only the Democrats.

Divide and conquer.

An ancient strategy..

Working well in 2018

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
So the tables are turned and Fox is now using the same tactic that liberal media used last week. I bet this one will be a disappointment too, but of course I am for releasing it, just like I wanted the Republican memo released. It'd be pretty funny if they got into an arms race of releasing more and more classified information.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Divide and conquer.

An ancient strategy..

Working well in 2018

Trying to assert yourself as some neutral, non partisan user is failing hard.

However, I do see an effort to try, most likely the result of seeing a dying narrative and any association thereof would look bad in the future. Text book approach.

The memo is being released, however, it has to be cleared and leftist are known to twist the narrative.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Divide and conquer.

An ancient strategy..

Working well in 2018

Trying to assert yourself as some neutral, non partisan user is failing hard.

However, I do see an effort to try, most likely the result of seeing a dying narrative and any association thereof would look bad in the future. Text book approach.

The memo is being released, however, it has to be cleared and leftist are known to twist the narrative.

I am not neutral.

I dislike the Democrats and Republicans.

I like about three of them.

Rand Paul, Justin Amash, and Tulsi Gabbard.

But yeah its hard for a partisan like yourself to understand skepticism and the need for emperical evidence when it's already provided in a narrative by your leaders.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Divide and conquer.

An ancient strategy..

Working well in 2018

What do you call someone who wants the minimal government possible (fix infrastructure, manage healthcare and other public support programs, domestic safety and security, stay the # out of my backyard & bedroom) and at the same time wants maximum freedoms that are fundamental human entitlements.

As long as I harm no-one, what I do with my body, my home and my life is no-ones business but mine.

The government works for me - not the other way around.

Any political party that intrudes into my space gets equal disdain from me, it just so happens that ranks within the Democratic party has been caught playing god and now needs to explain themselves, their memo will hopefully explain the Democrats stance - it's important that the Dems memo talks about Hillarys involvement in detail, and Obama, and Lynch, and Robert Creamer and Scott Foval and so on and so forth.

If it walks like a duck....

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

The Republican memo did not have any classified material to react because it was carefully written. The democrats memo probably will because they have no problems with leaking classified information. They are the ones playing games with national security. They hyperventilate over the first memo, and release their own? Sounds like a cya attempt to me.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I can’t get over SchiffForBrains quest for nude pictures of Trump...

Once again proving that democrats shouldn’t be on the intelligence committee...
Much like Bill Cosby being on a date rape oversight committee....

-Chriz

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Divide and conquer.

An ancient strategy..

Working well in 2018

What do you call someone who wants the minimal government possible (fix infrastructure, manage healthcare and other public support programs, domestic safety and security, stay the # out of my backyard & bedroom) and at the same time wants maximum freedoms that are fundamental human entitlements.

As long as I harm no-one, what I do with my body, my home and my life is no-ones business but mine.

The government works for me - not the other way around.

Any political party that intrudes into my space gets equal disdain from me, it just so happens that ranks within the Democratic party has been caught playing god and now needs to explain themselves, their memo will hopefully explain the Democrats stance - it's important that the Dems memo talks about Hillarys involvement in detail, and Obama, and Lynch, and Robert Creamer and Scott Foval and so on and so forth.

If it walks like a duck....

I would call them a libertarian.

Nunes is as bad as it gets with being pro American surveillance.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

So who cares then let trump unclassify the information doesn't he have that power?

Or is this whole thing a political cherade?

As I have said over and over,

Look atbthe hysteria against trump for releasing the memo that the intel community voted to release.

If trump would release this info on his own, the calls for immediate impeachment for obstruction of justice would be deafening.

ALready we can see that the narrative against trump has switched form russia collusion to obtruction, just for firing comey, which he was legally allowed to do.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join