It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Cranked Kite Stealth UCAV Plans 2019 Flight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Star UAV System Co Ltd, a Chengdu-based developer of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), has unveiled its export-oriented Star Shadow unmanned air vehicle (UCAV) concept at the Singapore Airshow 2018.

Specifically designed as a low-observable and highly survivable surveillance and strike platform, the Star Shadow is envisioned to have a maximum take-off weight (MTOW) of 4,000 kg and feature a truncated diamond-shaped airframe measuring an overall length of 7.3 m with sweptback outer wings that have a total span of 15 m. According to the company, this configuration offers radar cross section (RCS) characteristics in the range of 0.1 m².

www.janes.com...

.1 m^2 RCS is not that stealthy. However, this is intended to be an export product and not one meant for China. Like the US, China keeps its better quality stuff at home. That makes you wonder: what *IS* China keeping for itself?

Note: the funny thing is the shape looks a lot like some of the art for the H-20 stealth bomber for China.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

United States has been selling armed Respers for a few years..always room for competition.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

It's not great, but it's a hell of a lot better than anyone else has put out in production.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

It isn't a matter if, "whats it keeping for itself", thats actually comical, given the irony of that statement.

However, basic design and crafting is something any and all nations can do and indulge in.

Drones will get better and better, regardless of the nations behind them.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
You are all behind on the times and so is China.

We use drones the size of flies now for our spying and listening. The ones you see in combat are a relic of the mid 2000
s.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

Which somehow have to have a power supply big enough to power an antenna that can transmit data, get to the area they're supposed to be, have enough resolution to see what's around them.....

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Small ones are only good if your in next room or a few houses down.Great for Special Ops but not for Air Power.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

BUT IT'S SIDES ARE GOING TO FALL OFF!!

All I have to say....

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
guys I wouldn't worry about that Chinese drone. it's a threat to no one. obvious Chinese propaganda in a attemp to inflate their military posture to the world.

i mean, it's obviously made of cheap plastic and only a few inches long. look it can't even fly on its own and needs a stand to keep it airborn. to top it off, they're so cheap they couldn't even afford a green screen in the background to CGI it flying they filmed it in front of a map tacked onto the wall behind it. who do they think they're fooling?

not me.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Bassplyr, why do I feel you say that partly in jest?

Sadly, it seems China is making a lot of strides modernizing their military lately. They are pushing to not only be an economic superpower but seem to desire to have a modern military to back up their position.

Granted, I don't see China playing the US card and attempting to be the world police or becoming openly militarily involved with at least 5 countries while never claiming to be in any state of war.

That said, If I was Taiwan, I would be taking a good deal of interest though.

America needs to get politics and good ol' boy kickbacks out of our military industries. With the amount we spend on our defense, there is no excuse for all the over-runs and failures we see. I fear the defense industry has become more about making both the politicians and the MIC money than protecting our country (though I do not believe in being an interventionalist/world police either).

My only hope is all that money is spent on deep black projects created in numbers to make a true difference in a real war, and not just going into the pockets of the corrupt feeding the corrupt with our tax dollars.

~Winter

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Winterpain

dude its not even painted blue. hows it going to camouflage its self when it flies in the sky. why are they painting it grey? to camouflage it when its parked on the apron so satellites can't see it? hey thats pretty cleaver actually.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Winterpain

Bass lives under a bridge. He's allowed to come out every so often, but it stays pretty dark under there, so you have to excuse his manners when he talks to people.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

no I live under a bridge cause I got a degree in music. don't be like bass kids learn a trade.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I hit metal,is that a trade?

new topics

top topics

join