It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Birthday William Bruce Rose Jr , Axl Rose Turns 56 Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
February 6, 1962 a child was born who would grow up to form one of the biggest and well known bands in the world , love him or loath him Axl Rose is a giant of the rock world who along with the band he put together created some of the best music of the era.
Happy Birthday Axl.

So many memories.

edit on 6-2-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I often wonder what would have happened to GNR if the band could have gotten along better, but this album (appetite) for sure changed the direction of music in the mid 1980's.

Happy Birthday to the total hot mess.

edit on 6-2-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
/me backs out the door gently closing it behind him all while choking on the overpowering stench of hair-spray and tripping over hairdressers and ego on the way....

Sorry, I never was good at CHINESE WHISPERS!

ETA I did star and flag you for the effort, I'm sure it was well meant.

edit on 6/2/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I was into them as they grew popular which was after Sweet Child. It was all Slayer, Kreator and Megadeth for a few of us while other friends were into KISS and cock rock. I tried hard not to like GnR and got won over anyway.

Remember the 'Power Hour?' Was it 2-4 on Friday nights? They'd play all types of rock and metal and GnR videos were always on.

This is why the *56* is unexpected. We were kids back then and Axl was a young man in the videos. Hard to believe he's 56. The passage of time T-bones us sometimes and this is one of those moments.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Remember the 'Power Hour?'

It rings a bell but those years were a crazy period in my life , much Mad Dog 20/20 and Thunderbird wine was drunk.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Ahh yes, what a voice. Happy Birthday Axl!

Still gives me goose bumps every time I hear it.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Happy Birthday Axl! Rock on dude!

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Yes indeed. Newcastle Brown, L&Bs and whisky.

ETA - I had this on Jap import vinyl when it was bloody hard to get 'rare' records.

edit on 2.6.2018 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Thanks for the add mate , great video.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I remember when L&B's were first released. 95p for a ten pack! Greek dude round the corner used to serve me, I was 13 years old lol.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Remember when "Deadpool" with Clint Eastwood came out and they had somebody in place of AXL singing Welcome to the Jungle?I was like WTF?

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I've stopped smoking (again) for a few months and been craving a smoke all week. If they still sold 10s I'd buy a box. Got a strong urge to get that feeling when the smoke rasps down into the lungs

There are still dodgy shops selling 'singles' to kids. £8-10 for a box.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Wow Time stands still when you're not paying attention doesn't it. It was a great band back in the day. Still is.

top topics

join