It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uh, What Hannity Says the Stock Market Drop is OBAMAS FAULT.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm in an elevator somewhere in the twilight zone.

You should never fart in a crowded elevator.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I wanna play.

When people were making money hand over fist for the last year.

YAY Obama.

Now that it's tanking.

BOO TRUMP.

Meh.

I'ts the bond market politicos.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

This is what he's referring to:

www.bloomberg.com...

This move, apparently, shook up the market a bit. One could say the ACA is why this is occurring and it would have some validity.

I leave that to the pundits from both sides to use for audience/revenue purposes. Myself? It's a 'correction'. No more, no less.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

well, wasn't the drop linked to the memo, maybe it is an obama thing. i honestly don't know, dont really think it matters whose fault it is. i would imagine its the fault of the investors freaking out over the memo everyone keeps talking about.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
As expected, the DOW is rallying and while it may wobble for a while, it will certainly stabilize.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
As expected, the DOW is rallying and while it may wobble for a while, it will certainly stabilize.

Thanks Trump!

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: watchitburn

You're all wrong.

Clearly this is a result of Russian tampering.

I think it's Zambian hackers personally, but who's counting?

Invest in Zimbabwean currency.....it's set to become the next bitcoin or so I'm told.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Well, it dropped at the bell another 600 points (thanks Obama!) but is now up 200 points (thanks Trump!) and will most likely see more Obama and Trump-influenced intraday trading swings until the close.

Exactly, its up and its trump, its down and its Obama, Freaking STUPID alt right. They call us the "libtartds" well if it takes a "libtard" to have COMMON SENSE, I guess that's what I am

No...

You are just upset that the other side won...

You will eventually enter maturity and get over it...

It’s fun when you finally find your way Kurt.

Warmest respects

Lags
edit on 6-2-2018 by Lagomorphe because: Enjoy life and try not to get your knickers in a twist...

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Why do you care about what he says?

I don't, not a nickles worth of difference between him and Rush.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

edit on 6-2-2018 by airowineSailorcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
So Trump rides Obamas wave for a year and yet its his fault the stock market dropped. It has been over a year since Obama left office. Hannity praised trump for the stock market being so high, it drops and its Obamas fault? Excuse me that is not how it works.

On his Fox News radio show on Monday, Hannity said the market drop ― which at its worst saw the Dow industrials plunge by nearly 1,600 points and closing down 1,175 points for the day ― wasn’t the fault of President Donald Trump.

“Because the Obama economy was so weak all of these years, we had just artificially cheap money,” Hannity said, referring to a Fox News analysis he had seen on the cable network.

Obamas economy was so "weak", uh no it wasn't, the alt right are NUTS!! Freaking crazy!

When will this madness stop, trump is corrupt and like it or not, this stock market is on HIS WATCH, not Obamas!

www.yahoo.com...

If it was true that we had artificially cheap money we would have seen massive inflation.... but we didn't.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Of course it's Obamas fault.

Stock market good - thanks, Trump!
Stock market bad - thanks, Obama!

Come on, we should be used to this by now.

Negative press of Trump - fake news!
Positive press of Trump - very stable genius!

I'm not surprised.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The government's year ends in September. So in the first year of any new Presidents administration, up until September, the economy will always fall on the shoulders of the prior presidents shoulders, though most will take credit for such.

So yes a President could blame the other administration while up until September of his first year for the problems. However, after September, it is no longer the prior administrations fault, it now is all on Trump for any gains and all losses.

But markets will go up and down, sometimes creates and bursts bubble. It is an indication of the investors, and what all is going on.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

The GOP and the DNC have the worlds longest trolling hypocrisy Ping Pong match EVER.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
American stocks are on a bull run due to optimism in the business world due to Trump. The Trump effect has also lowered the value of the dollar quite a bit, which is also good for American stocks.

What we are most likely seeing right now is some big players doing some profit taking (as they should) and a load of small fry's jumping off with them.

I wouldn't even call this a correction really, I would expect the bull run to continue as the big players get back in.

Just my own thoughts though, as with everything related to trading, you never really know.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Weirdly the amount of value wiped off the stock exchange is about the same as the size of the tax cut Trump gave.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
It's really stupid. As if any President has ownership over the success or failure of the stock market. That's why it was dumb when Trump took credit for the successes over the past year. If you want to, fine I guess, but when the tide turns, guess who better have the balls to accept responsibility?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

The reality is the market is currently working off of Trump's economic plan, so giving Obama credit this far out is absurd. That includes for the losses the past week. However, after a year of historic gains, a correction down is not unexpected. The market does that occasionally, it's nothing to worry about unless it continues.

DOW Jan 20 2017 = 19,827 DOW Today +/- 24,500

I agree with this.
We are into trumps 2ed year now . Obama is not part of this anymore.
edit on 6-2-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Of course it's Obamas fault.

Stock market good - thanks, (insert current president) !
Stock market bad - thanks, (insert former president "usually different party")

Fixed that for you.

Also, with how often this fallacy or narrative comes up every four years, you'd think people would pay it less mind.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

On a serious note, how would you explain the market reaction on Dec 1, when the Brian Ross garbage was printed? That seemed to make the market react bigly. I don't understand much of it, other than don't ask me for investment advice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join