It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chuck Norris Takes On Big Pharma

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Looks like it's high noon and the tumbleweeds are a'rollin as Chuck Norris and his wife Gena get ready to face off against "Big Pharma" in court.

On November 1, Chuck Norris and his wife Gena Norris announced a massive lawsuit against eleven different drug companies, including McKesson and Bracco, claiming they are responsible for nearly killing Gena.

Link To Article

Gena and I have been in the news recently because of the gadolinium poisoning she received through her Magnetic Resonance Imaging, or MRI, “a diagnostic technique that uses magnetic fields and radio waves to produce a detailed image of the body’s soft tissue and bones.”

We’re not overlooking the good MRIs can do. We’re speaking out against the dangers of gadolinium use in MRIs.

Gadolinium-based contrast agents, or GBCAs, are injected in about a third of 60 million MRIs performed annually – 30 million in the U.S. alone (that’s one in 10 Americans), including children.

Gadolinium is a heavy metal chemical agent that is injected to enhance the images of a MRI. It’s not naturally found in the human body. Its proponents say it is always expelled from the body, primarily through the kidneys. But studies have shown it can be retained in the brain, bones, skin and others parts of the body.

While Mr. Norris and his wife Gena have my deepest sympathies for the pain both past and ongoing that they have had to deal with during this harrowing ordeal, I am also glad that we the people have someone with both the means and prominent enough of a name to fight against the Goliath known as "Big Pharma". They haven't won yet and even if they do it won't be an overwhelming victory but at least it would be a small victory against a seemingly indestructible and corrupt juggernaut of industry.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
No expert here....but. I would bet big money that in the paper work she signed prior to being given the MRI that such side effects could happen. I have had several and it was in all my paper work & warnings. It's called a medical release form.....releasing them of any liability. You as the patient has the right to not have the drug used. They will explain to you why they want to use it, but YOU have the right to refuse it.
edit on 6-2-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
No expert here....but. I would bet big money that in the paper work she signed prior to being given the MRI that such side effects could happen. I have had several and it was in all my paper work & warnings. It's called a medical release form.....releasing them of any liability. You as the patient has the right to not have the drug used. They will explain to you why they want to use it, but YOU have the right to refuse it.

Unfortunately if they can prove the medications were the issue, then the drug companies and medical establishment are done.

Plenty of drugs have been challenged and lost, hence all the ongoing class actions suits against specific drugs. It's just that the little guy rarely challenges them, because of resources.

However Chuck Norris only needs to enter the courtroom, and the medical companies will put themselves in jail.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
However Chuck Norris only needs to enter the courtroom, and the medical companies will put themselves in jail.

But not before they experience nausea, dizziness, loss of eyesight, loss of eyeballs, decapitation, sleeplessness and death.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Medial Release form that she signed released the Medical folks from any wrong doing. In that release from it explains the possible side effects of said adjunct in the injection. They will lose.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

They don't know who they're messing with.

Chuck Norris once threw a grenade and killed 50 people, then it exploded.

I feel sorry for the drug companies.

edit on 6-2-2018 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I've had Gadolinium injected twice during MRI's, I wasn't asked I was simply informed.
"We need to inject a contrasting agent" and they gave me the shot.
After spending 2 hours in the MRI tube it's a bit frustrating when they tell you they can't get good images.
If you're sick and need answers you simply assume these people know what they are doing.
No ill effects that I know of (attributable to the contrasting agent).

Get 'em Chuck, they are all Democrat donors.
edit on 6-2-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals
When they said " we need to inject a contrasting agent"...YOU had the right to so NO. You have all the rights your the patient. Again, they will lose.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Maybe more multi-millionaires and billionaire celebrities should use their money instead of their mouths to help create change for the better. The majority of Americans don't have the money, power or influence to put pressure on corporations and the healthcare industry who are taking advantage of us. These celebrities nor our multi-millionaire representatives can't relate to paying hundreds of dollars or thousands of dollars for a prescription or medical procedures not covered by insurance. It's just a drop in the hat for them.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
I've had Gadolinium injected twice during MRI's, I wasn't asked I was simply informed.
"We need to inject a contrasting agent" and they gave me the shot.
After spending 2 hours in the MRI tube it's a bit frustrating when they tell you they can't get good images.
If you're sick and need answers you simply assume these people know what they are doing.
No ill effects that I know of (attributable to the contrasting agent).

Get 'em Chuck, they are all Democrat donors.

Same. had an MRI recently, and not even advised on anything. just that warm hallow taste after the injection, and brmmmm.

edit on 6-2-2018 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

He better take some anti aging pills made by Big Pharma.

Cause HES OLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD now.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

He better take some anti aging pills made by Big Pharma.

Cause HES OLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD now.

Actually Chuck Norris died 20 years ago, Death just hasn't built up the courage to tell him yet.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Love it

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I had a MRI once no shoot of any kind just the question do you have metal in you .
On teh otehr hand if they had said we want to inject something My question would be what and getting some vage answer I would come back another day .

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

patients get to read 6 pages written by lawyers.
Thanks, I feel much better

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
They wanted to do that to me on the advice of my Worker's Comp doc and I said no, forget about it. They can do imaging without the contrast dye, but for some reason they don't want to. It's now been 16 years since the doc insisted I get a hip replacement and I'm still walking.

Sorry to hear about Chuck's wife's problem.

They don't tell you these things or the risks unless you know to ask.

edit on 6-2-2018 by Maverick7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: acackohfcc

Then I suggest you work on your reading comprehension. Because if you sign your name that you read it, then you bitch when something goes wrong. That's on you.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Sure, in theory, you're correct, but that's not always how it works.

If the drug companies KNOW that this is a probability in some people, they can be liable, even if have a patient sign a consent form (which generally has more to do with the hospital, not the drug company).

Look at it similarly like with car companies--if a material or product that they use in the production of their cars is a danger to people, recalls and lawsuits happen, even if they can claims ignorance to the issue at the start--and that doesn't always protect them legally from judgment in favor of the plaintiff.

The big question is, even if it's made known in paperwork and documentation, that doesn't always mean that the layperson is always assumed to understand everything that they read, and this has been adjudicated in many issues, most popularly with terms of service acceptance with phone contracts or electronics (and their updates).

My point is that, yes, it will make it harder in court if she signed off on knowledge that this could be a potential side effect, but it's not a guarantee that they will lose their case because of it.

What will be good will be that documentation of testing and what these companies did and did not know about these side effects will be brought to light in court--that's when things can really get ugly for the companies.

a reply to: acackohfcc

Then I suggest you work on your reading comprehension. Because if you sign your name that you read it, then you bitch when something goes wrong. That's on you.

Again...not always. You're looking at the issue way too simplistically. You are correct in your opening comment: You are no expert, so stop responding to people like you understand the ins and outs of the legal system. To reiterate, it's not nearly as black/white as you are pretending that it is.
edit on 6-2-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Yea I'm no expert...neither are you. I've had 4 MRI's since 2001. Never had I ever had the injection. Never once did I sign anything with out reading it first, and understanding it. 3rd Time I was told " we need to inject a contrasting agent" I said no. If you can't get a good reading with out it, then I'll go for a second MRI with a different outfit. I was not given the injection, my MRI continued and it was fine. My surgery went well and my knee's are as fine as their ever gonna get. The patient has all the rights in an instant like this. You don't have to let them inject you with anything. I'm not saying I'm a Dr. or an expert. I simply read the documents that are given to me, and until I understand them......don't touch me. That your right as well, as well as Chucks wife............Chuck & his wife should read their documents.........News Flash....that's why they give them to you and you sign your name that you read & understood them. I'll speak about this again when I do the thread Titled " Chuck Norris wife case thrown out against Big Pharma" for lack of reading comprehension. Again they will lose.
edit on 6-2-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

a reply to: Asktheanimals
When they said " we need to inject a contrasting agent"...YOU had the right to so NO. You have all the rights your the patient. Again, they will lose.

I may have had a choice but after spending nearly a month while the numbness in my legs steadily increased before getting an appointment I needed answers which they weren't getting without the contrasting agent. Trying spending 2 hours in an MRI tube let me know how that goes for you. I willingly spent another hour after the shot because waiting was not an option when your body is falling apart.

ETA: Once a competent neurologist saw my scans I was scheduled for surgery the next day. I really should have sued my GP who sent me to PT first and added weeks to the process.
edit on 6-2-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

new topics

<<   2 >>

join