It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nunes: Fine, the FBI Didn’t Lie, But Its Font Was Too Small

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I've got a hypothetical scenario for you:

You open your credit card bill one day, and find you've been hit with a massive interest charge, even though you always pay your bill on time. You call up the CC company, and their rep tells you that there's a clause buried in the fine print saying that, once per year, they can level any amount of interest they deem appropriate.

Would you be happy with this arrangement? Because to me, burying a statement in the footnotes that talks vaguely about "political entities" being involved in the memo is not much of a disclosure. It certainly doesn't mean they told the court that the DNC and Hillary's campaign paid for the creation of the dossier, even though the FBI knew this was the case at the time.

If you know you are supposed to look for small print yeah its your fault.

Considering Fisa had been abused repeatedly over a hundred times since ashcroft I would say it's as much congresses fault for continually expanding surveillance on Americans every time they get a chance.

But hey I am a skeptical cynical person when it comes to government.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
All of a sudden, they pretend like Johnson had found a smoking gun when the reality is, they *had* to know that it was all bull#.

Yet, you're still making references to it so despite its limited run, that conditioning seems to have worked well?

I dont waste my time closely following all this Russia etc related debacle because of the constant back and forth of all this Two Party Pageantry has the 'meanings' of all the details like this keeps changing.

Chasing it all down in real time that's for suckers.

I dont mind playing catch up.

Hindsight is wise mans way in this most modern 'post truth' day, as nothing is more valuable than TIME and all this BS is designed to waste it.

edit on 6-2-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: luthier

Let's see the proof. Take for instance Nunes outright lied yesterday in this same interview that trump never met George P. That is an absolute verifiable lie.

source........

nypost.com...

I know hard to believe Nunes is such a stand up guy.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

ok
this proves what?
nunes is not an expert at describing who was at what meeting?

so was there fisa abuse or not?
that is what the issue here is
is it now ok to use the intelligence community to spy on your political opponents?
is that your position?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

ok
this proves what?
nunes is not an expert at describing who was at what meeting?

so was there fisa abuse or not?
that is what the issue here is
is it now ok to use the intelligence community to spy on your political opponents?
is that your position?

Lol. You asked for a source. The man outright lied. Now the head of Intel department doesn't know he was in a meeting about national security.

My position is he hasn't proven anything or released any data or sources like an honest person was.

He is a proven liar and proven to mock people who have stood up to try and stop surveillance abuse his whole career.

So yeah I don't believe him until he proves it.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Nunes memo must hit really close to home for the Dems because the shilling has been on another level!

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
So basically he didn't read the fine print??

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Now the head of Intel department doesn't know he was in a meeting about national security.

So by your standards you are a liar as well.
How does a candidate for office conduct a meeting about national security?
Guess you are to be ignored as well by those standards......

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
When even Nunes starts conceding this entire memo debacle, you should be getting the message loud and clear:

As the Ellen Nakashima reported, the application to wiretap Page did disclose that one of the sources of intelligence to generate suspicion that Page might be acting illegally came from a political source. It was mentioned in a footnote on the FISA application. Nunes was asked about this on Fox & Friends. He did not deny the point. Instead he insisted that it wasn’t good enough because the disclosure was merely a footnote. “A footnote saying something may be political is a far cry from letting the American people know that the Democrats and the Hillary campaign paid for dirt that the FBI then used to get a warrant on an American citizen to spy on another campaign,” the distinguished Republican explained.

nymag.com...

First it was "The FBI lied about the Steele dossier" and now it's "the FBI did not highlight the truth about the Steele Dossier in the part of the application we bothered to read". Get this, there's even talk of more memo's being released. What? How long are we going to carry out this charade? Long enough to distract for Trumps full term?

And the circle jerk continues on I suppose.

Let's recap on how far we've come. Whitehouse Anonymous, Benghazi, Emails, Pizzagate, Bitherism, Uranium One, Qanon, The Memo and so on and on and on.

Children being obnoxious, I'm pretty sick of the whole caboodle, one thing that stays true though...Trump should take a walk, he's not fit.
edit on 6-2-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I hope you didn't think Nunes was going to give up:

REPORT: FBI Paid Steele’s Travel Expenses to Make Him Look Like an “Informant” Rather Than DNC Hack

Steele traveled to Washington D.C. in September of 2016 and met with reporters. One of the meetings was held in the office of the DNC’s general counsel.

Christopher Steele also traveled to Rome in September of 2016 to meet with FBI officials.

Now Congressional investigators are looking into why the FBI agreed to pay Steele in the first place.

Paul Sperry of the New York Post tweeted, “DEVELOPING: Congressional investigators pursuing new line of inquiry into whether the FBI paid Steele’s travel expenses to DC & Rome legat office in order to put him on the books as an official “informant” & dress him up as reliable internal (vs paid DNC) source before FISA court”

So, it would appear that the House Intelligence Committee suspects the FBI of trying to put lipstick on a pig, making Steele appear credible by flying him all over the world for no reason. That, along with burying ambiguous "disclosures" in footnotes, definitely suggests duplicity on the FBI's part. And how much you want to bet the FISA application forgets to mention that Steele met with reporters in the DNC's legal office? (Because's that's totally not suspicious, and would be expected of any credible source, right?)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Very nice deceptive headline.

Good deflection.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

The gateway pundit isn't a valid source. It's literally propaganda as bad as info wars.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Nunes is one heck of a swamp creature. Sneaky and elusive.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Now the head of Intel department doesn't know he was in a meeting about national security.

So by your standards you are a liar as well.
How does a candidate for office conduct a meeting about national security?
Guess you are to be ignored as well by those standards......

Lol,

With his national security team?

Do you know how campaigns work?

Or are you just a lapdog defending without aNY sense of skeptical empericism.

I would say this is a perfect example of brain washing.

When Trump's own campaign picture headlines "national security meeting" it still is not believed when it suits an argument to save face.
edit on 6-2-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

This is not a surprise, they have nothing with out that dossier.
Crazy how they tried to make steele look official and the distance themselves from paige.
Their lie and disinformation campaign will soon come to an end.
Interesting to see how a handful of bureaucrats in the right offices can almost pull off a coup.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

They sure do know how to stay on message. I bet the word "salacious" has been used more in the last two weeks by Republicans than by all other people in human history combined.

Now bear with me because I think this is important.

It seems *extremely* unlikely that "the dossier" was used in the FISA warrant application even though that is the deliberate phrasing used in Nunes's misleading memo. (because messaging) What are people imagining here? That the FBI ran off a copy and stapled it to the warrant application?

Only two memos that were included in the dossier made reference to Carter Page. So off the bat, I think it's reasonable to assume that the only "salacious" part of the dossier — the pee-pee tape bit — probably has no role in the FISA app.

More importantly, FBI agents debriefed Steele in Rome. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the debriefing didn't consist of Steele handing them the memos. The memos are after all, merely summaries of raw intel gathered by Steele. Does anyone really believe that he didn't reveal his own "sources and methods" to the FBI at that point along with anything he may have had in the way of notes, emails, possibly recordings?

Now reread the memo keeping that in mind. How many times is the word "dossier" used? 8. How is it used?

1) The "dossier" compiled by Christopher Steele (Steele dossier) on behalf of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and the Hillary Clinton campaign formed an essential part of the Carter Page FISA application.

See the picture being painted? If that dossier isn't included in the FISA warrant app, that statement is a lie.

a) Neither the initial application in October 2016, nor any of the renewals, disclose or reference the role of the DNC, Clinton campaign, or any party/campaign in funding Steele's efforts, even though the political origins of the Steele dossier were then known to senior and FBI officials.

We know this at best misleading as from Nunes's own mouth (and again, he never saw it), the FISA app does in fact contain *some* sort of reference that he describes as "saying something may be political." We also know from the memo that, "The initial FISA application notes Steele was working for a named U.S. person."

Another reference:

Assistant Director Bill Priestap, corroboration of the Steele dossier was in its "infancy" at the time of the initial Page FISA application.

This seems significant but again, the Steel dossier isn't the issue nor is its corroboration. Was the dossier included in the FISA warrant app? So it doesn't really matter if the other 95% of the information summarized in the dossier had been corroborated.

What is actually relevant is what they got from Steele that was put into the FISA warrant app, how it was used, what steps were taken to vet *that specific information* and what part of the totality of evidence in the FISA warrant app it represented.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

It would definitely make more sense to wait until the dust settled and then go back through everything with the benefit of hindsight.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

You do understand that in march of 16 trump had not even won the gop nomination?
You are the one attempting to conflate a gop nomination campaign meeting with a "national security meeting".

nice try
try harder

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

This guy is running around making allegations which are being taken as gospel by millions of people who are pointing to them as proof of "the greatest political scandal of all time." This is serious #.

He's the Chairman of the HPSCI, he's unilaterally launching ever expanding probes and he's got millions hanging on to his every word.

Yea, details matter.

From what I can tell, details matter more to me than they do this clown and I'm a random dude posting on an Internet forum. If he's going to spout # on national TV, he's got an obligation to be accurate and if he's got such a poor grasp of the fundamentals of what he's yammering about, it calls into question his fitness.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The more The Left talks, the more votes they lose 😎

Keep up the good work 🔑

🤖

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join