It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nunes: Fine, the FBI Didn’t Lie, But Its Font Was Too Small

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
When even Nunes starts conceding this entire memo debacle, you should be getting the message loud and clear:

As the Ellen Nakashima reported, the application to wiretap Page did disclose that one of the sources of intelligence to generate suspicion that Page might be acting illegally came from a political source. It was mentioned in a footnote on the FISA application. Nunes was asked about this on Fox & Friends. He did not deny the point. Instead he insisted that it wasn’t good enough because the disclosure was merely a footnote. “A footnote saying something may be political is a far cry from letting the American people know that the Democrats and the Hillary campaign paid for dirt that the FBI then used to get a warrant on an American citizen to spy on another campaign,” the distinguished Republican explained.

nymag.com...

First it was "The FBI lied about the Steele dossier" and now it's "the FBI did not highlight the truth about the Steele Dossier in the part of the application we bothered to read". Get this, there's even talk of more memo's being released. What? How long are we going to carry out this charade? Long enough to distract for Trumps full term?

And the circle jerk continues on I suppose.

Let's recap on how far we've come. Whitehouse Anonymous, Benghazi, Emails, Pizzagate, Bitherism, Uranium One, Qanon, The Memo and so on and on and on.

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

we have lots of time for all this to get sorted out. Should be an interesting ride for you.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Well, they did leave out that Obama is an alien. Unless of course that's "PHASE 199308408". LOL!

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   

I just played that clip like twice, and dont see how it helps your cause in the slightest.

Serious nitpicking here. You're better off just providing the nitpicking portions instead of all the story going on in there.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Hehe, could you do me a favor, and squiggle a little harder, there, precious?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Also this:

"that the FBI then used to get a warrant on an American citizen to spy on another campaign"

This is an extremely serious charge with two parts. It doesn't appear to be true, it's certainly not remotely substantiated by his own memo and the fact that he would even say it demonstrates a lot about Nunes and his motivations.

1. As the memo reveals, the FISA warrant was applied for and obtained on October 21, 2016. Carter Page resigned from the campaign a month earlier and the campaign was doing everything possible to distance itself from Carter Page.

There's no suggestion that any Trump campaign-related *anything* was subject to surveillance. For instance, as Corey Lewandowsky said last year:

“There is no reconciliation necessary,” Lewandowski replied. “To the best of my recollection, I don’t know Carter Page. To the best of my knowledge, Carter Page never had a DonaldTrump.com email address, had no formal role in the campaign that I’m aware of, was never compensated by the campaign.”

2. Absolutely no evidence has been presented that the FBI obtained a FISA warrant on Carter Page for the purpose of "spying on" the Trump campaign.

The narrative, based on interpretations of cherry picked text messages from among thousands, is that Strzok exhibited bias of such a serious nature that he would do absolute anything to "stop Trump."

That's why the last paragraph of the Nunes memo is a summation of Fox News talking points about them. However, not only doesn't Nunes make a case for that alleged bias translating to malfeasance in Strzok's work relating to the FBI's counterintelligence investigation, he fails to even connect Strzok to either Steele or the FISA warrant application.

That's it. There's nothing to this. There's no evidence that the campaign was actually spied on. There's no evidence that any campaign-related communications were obtained through surveillance of Carter Page. There's no evidence that anything obtained from the surveillance of Carter Page was used in any improper way much less against the Trump campaign during the election.

Carter Page would have made a really bad target if the motivation had been to "spy on the campaign."

On the other hand, Carter Page was a legitimate target in a legitimate counterintelligence investigation into an actual assault on the American democratic process.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Serious nitpicking here. You're better off just providing the nitpicking portions instead of all the story going on in there.

So in other words, you're saying it would have been better if he Nunesed it?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

we have lots of time for all this to get sorted out. Should be an interesting ride for you.

If the memo and Nunes's penchant for grandiose claims are any indication, you're in for a long period of getting your hopes up, followed by a lot of disappointment and then years of you feeling like somebody got away with something.

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Hillary & Obama bought and paid for a FISA warrant on a political opponent.

*shrug*

At the end of the day, that's all that needs to be said.

(In my opinion)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

You choose to be complicit? The fact is- there was significant issues, and suggesting that there may have been politically motivated impudence is an excuse for nothing

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
The shills have been working overtime to deflect on the issue. It is pretty interesting to see them twist things around to suit their own agenda.

Its now known that Obummer weaponized the institutions for political gain.

It is what it is.
edit on 6-2-2018 by Arnie123 because: Heh

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Can't speak for anyone else, but this ride sure doesn't feel interesting to me anymore. I don't know what kind of requirements are in place for disclosing the above mentioned information in the warrant, but don't you think this exonerates the FBI a bit? Having something in a footnote is different from keeping it a secret. The footnotes are there for a reason anyway, to be read, not just to up the word count.

Isn't this exactly what some people have been saying; Nunes was cherry-picking facts and impressions from a document that we aren't allowed to see? There's so much at stake, I don't think Nunes would be able to resist spinning this as far as he dares, even if there is real proof in the secret papers. But yeah, all we can do is wait for more information to trickle out.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So as long as they left no evidence of spying on the Trump Campaign, we'll just take their abuse of powermongerer words for it that they never actually did. Even though they manipulated the law to get themselves a de facto green light to run ops in that direction. Dont forget how desperate they were to keep the entire tale of mere Carter Page alone classified 'forever'. But, this "Secret Society", we'll just trust them.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Facts don't matter for Democrats or trump supporters.

It's already been decided what is true with absolutely no evidence presented.

Personally I assume everyone is lying or embellishing the truth until further proof is actually released.

Those who understand fisa know it's a rubber stamp.

I don't trust Devin Nines because he has been defending spying and fisa his whole tenure.

Justin Amash was "as good as working for AL queda" for trying to prevent surveillance abuse now I am supposed to believe Nunes cares about transparency.

But hey its working. Democrats and Trump supporting republicans have full belief in the word of the liars presenting their points of view.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Those who understand fisa know it's a rubber stamp.

That is what makes this peculiar, a warrant was actually denied. That does not happen often.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I don't think you listened to what Nunes said during that 7 minutes, and I fail to see just how a footnote changes the fact that the memo is a 'nothing-burger' to begin with.

"That's it?" - James Comey.

Circle jerk indeed....

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Yeah, the "secret society" thing was walked back and abandoned by its promoter once the additional texts revealed that they were joking in reference to of all things, gag gift Vladimir Putin calendars.

The really ironic thing is that the text messages were given to media, including right-wing outlets like Fox News, a month before Johnson embarrassed himself. They read them, realized it was a joke and ignored them for a month. Then this moron Johnson comes out with a cherry-picked portion and tries to pass it off as evidence of a secret society whose members refer to it as "the secret society" (which you're smart enough to know is stupid af on its face).

All of a sudden, they pretend like Johnson had found a smoking gun when the reality is, they *had* to know that it was all bull#.

Yet, you're still making references to it so despite its limited run, that conditioning seems to have worked well?
edit on 2018-2-6 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Maybe it does. Maybe it doesn't.

I do know that Nunes and schiff are absolute scumbags. So not really just going to hang of their opinions.

Let's see the proof. Take for instance Nunes outright lied yesterday in this same interview that trump never met George P. That is an absolute verifiable lie.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I've got a hypothetical scenario for you:

You open your credit card bill one day, and find you've been hit with a massive interest charge, even though you always pay your bill on time. You call up the CC company, and their rep tells you that there's a clause buried in the fine print saying that, once per year, they can level any amount of interest they deem appropriate.

Would you be happy with this arrangement? Because to me, burying a statement in the footnotes that talks vaguely about "political entities" being involved in the memo is not much of a disclosure. It certainly doesn't mean they told the court that the DNC and Hillary's campaign paid for the creation of the dossier, even though the FBI knew this was the case at the time.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Let's see the proof. Take for instance Nunes outright lied yesterday in this same interview that trump never met George P. That is an absolute verifiable lie.

source........

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join