It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reuters - Kerry Backs Bush's $81.9 Bln War Spending Plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Another Kerry flip-flop, but this time he gets it right:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democratic Sen. John Kerry, whose baffling explanation of votes on Iraq war funding hurt his 2004 White House bid, said on Tuesday he would back President Bush's new $81.9 billion request for Iraq and Afghanistan.
"I think we're in a very different situation," Kerry told reporters. "I'm going to vote for this ... I think this money is important to our being successful and to the completion of the process."

Article

But will he vote against it later

[edit on 2/15/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I see Kerry never took his schitzo meds....Kerry is nothing but an embarrassment and a spineless jelleyfish. I have to say the two choices for the presidency would have been better played out by Laurel & Hardy.
Better luck next election (should we live to see it)

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Kerry is nothing but an embarrassment and a spineless jelleyfish. :

Not true. He is a scholar from Yale University, who enjoyed some of the same social pursuits there as the great POTUS himself.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
remember when Kerry first campaigned we heard about his Bush connection, Skull & Bones, etc and we brushed them off, well now as time passes, the thought continues to cross my mind, that perhaps...just maybe Kerry had no intentions of ever being our President.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Of course he'll vote for the troops...before he votes against them.

LOSER!!!

link   
MA, as i implied, Laurel and Hardy would have it all over these two.

Kerry backed off immediately from the race- one might think it was all part of a government coup set up by the powers that be and Bush & Co. I was a Kerry supporter and voted for him....i expected more from his ars.

dh

link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
remember when Kerry first campaigned we heard about his Bush connection, Skull & Bones, etc and we brushed them off, well now as time passes, the thought continues to cross my mind, that perhaps...just maybe Kerry had no intentions of ever being our President.

He was an agenda-driven fallback should Bush have proven a complete turkey at election time

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
You're absolutely correct. It was all an illusion

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Another Kerry flip-flop, but this time he gets it right:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democratic Sen. John Kerry, whose baffling explanation of votes on Iraq war funding hurt his 2004 White House bid, said on Tuesday he would back President Bush's new $81.9 billion request for Iraq and Afghanistan........................

So whats your point? It sounds like another hate thread for the Democratic Liberals to get bashed on. I guess you have nothing better to do than gloat over a false victory?
If you cared to read the article for what it said, you would have realized that Kerry said he is backing the 80+ billion dollar request because he feels Bush is finally starting to do some things they way Kerry would have.

Kerry said the United States would have made better progress on Iraq, where an insurgency continues to rage almost two years after the March 2003 invasion, if he had been elected. He asserted the Bush administration was only now "trying some of the things" he proposed such as focusing on training Iraqi forces and getting other countries involved.

From your very own article.

I was really hoping that the neocons would have a little more intelligence than this little pathetic attempt to mince words just because thier high and mighty leader is has support of a democratic senator
Guess I was wrong.

GD

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
he voted for it, before he voted against it, and now he has voted for it again. The people of Massachusetts should thank God for decisive leadership!

top topics

join