It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Student Commits Suicide After Mounting Cryptocurrency Loses

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Common endgame for many a gambler.

That's essentially what the stock market and currency trading is.

Gambling is reckless.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I would like some info on his back story, why did he not simply cash out as the market started to loose traction???.

Yeah, something doesn't add up here. Surely, anyone with half a brain, and having that much in, would have cashed out at least a few million when things started to tank. And he would have STILL been fine. And if he had that much in, everything has basically lost a little over half it's value, so he'd still have that much. I don't know about this one.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
Well I've lost a lot, especially in the past two days with Ethereum crashing. But I didn't expect to use the money ever, anyway.

Why did you even get involved then? Were you just feeling charitable and wanted to give away your money? I am guessing you could have donated what you did not want to a local non-profit instead.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

originally posted by: darkbake
Well I've lost a lot, especially in the past two days with Ethereum crashing. But I didn't expect to use the money ever, anyway.

Why did you even get involved then? Were you just feeling charitable and wanted to give away your money? I am guessing you could have donated what you did not want to a local non-profit instead.

Speculation is actually very good experience.

I can attest to this, having done much of it myself, over the decades.

As all serious speculators will tell you, you learn much about yourself, when speculating.

It's very like taking a spiritual path, going on a journey of self-discovery.

You experience the joys of hope, and the depressions of disappointment.

It's all going on in your mind. As as you watch this mental turbulence, you begin to see and understand more about your own true nature.

If you survive the trip, you come out on the other end a much wiser person.

But, speculation is not for everybody.

It's better to go to church, if you want some spiritual nourishment.

The path of the speculator is tough.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
There's a movie based on a stockbroker Nick Leeson who bankrupted one of the oldest banks in the world. Having previously worked in IT, he knew about a couple of test accounts that were accessible to the stock traders. He used these to hide all his losses from the accounting processes for stock traders, thus winning himself bonuses. The reaction of all the other bankers when they hear how many hundreds of billions has been lost is to be violently sick.

I'm guessing it goes to be like that heavy "you're in serious trouble" feeling in your stomach. I had that when the when I received letter from the bailiffs, courts and council because my university had failed to send out a computer tape listing all their students except from council tax.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Wonder if the kid had E-coin?

(it's only gone up over 3000% today....)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join